Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought JBJ's letter in the Buffalo News showed incompetence. Instead of talking about spending as much time on the ground as needed, he should have said that he is looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

I thought JBJ's letter in the Buffalo News showed incompetence. Instead of talking about spending as much time on the ground as needed, he should have said that he is looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

It sure did. And supposedly he's some genius whose skills shouldn't be underestimated!

I realize the Wilson estate is due as much as it can get in the sale of the team, and God knows I'm grateful for RW for BILLS football and for doing a great deal to insure long-term commitment to the Buffalo and WNY area, but could this all end please?! I hope the estate and trust group see Pegula's bid as the only true, legitimate bid that will pay them fair market value for the team, while having an owner with chops and credibility to demonstrate his desire to not only keep the team in Buffalo for the purposes of languishing in the NFL, but to a real commitment to being a champion caliber team and franchise.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2014/08/07/21860451.html

At what point does the trust tell the Toronto group, Thanks but no thanks, your interest has been appreciated but have a nice day. From what I understand as long as JBJ is the lead man for the group they cannot compete financialy and if his letter in the Buff. news last week is any indication, you can only imagine how slick a letter from an attorney to the trust concerning not relocating the team would be worded. They apparantly think they can continue to bluff there way through the process.

http://slam.canoe.ca...7/21860451.html

At what point does the trust tell the Toronto group, Thanks but no thanks, your interest has been appreciated but have a nice day. From what I understand as long as JBJ is the lead man for the group they cannot compete financialy and if his letter in the Buff. news last week is any indication, you can only imagine how slick a letter from an attorney to the trust concerning not relocating the team would be worded. They apparantly think they can continue to bluff there way through the process.

At this point they are just stringing them along to keep an extra bidder in the mix. I wouldn't be surprised if the Toronto group ends up pulling their bid. They are looking pretty stupid right about now

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 25m

One of @JohnKryk's sources disagrees w/ @ByTimGraham's report there are 8 bid groups for #Bills. "It's all crap." http://www.buffaloru...orting …

makes sense, seems like a fake leak. one min everyone is laughing about how nobody wants to buy the Bills and then the next there are rumors about 8 bidders. seemed like a PR move from the start

At this point they are just stringing them along to keep an extra bidder in the mix. I wouldn't be surprised if the Toronto group ends up pulling their bid. They are looking pretty stupid right about now

I can't imagine it helps them in a future bid for another team either. Thay have a bit of a black eye at this point IMHO.

I realize the Wilson estate is due as much as it can get in the sale of the team, and God knows I'm grateful for RW for BILLS football and for doing a great deal to insure long-term commitment to the Buffalo and WNY area, but could this all end please?! I hope the estate and trust group see Pegula's bid as the only true, legitimate bid that will pay them fair market value for the team, while having an owner with chops and credibility to demonstrate his desire to not only keep the team in Buffalo for the purposes of languishing in the NFL, but to a real commitment to being a champion caliber team and franchise.....

Over the next month, qualified bidders will be doing their due diligence and meeting with the trust. Once bidders have had the opportunity to review the team's financial statements, which they were just issued, they will submit formal bids. This phase will take at least 3 weeks according to the AP. After formal bids have been submitted, the trust will deliberate for as long as they see fit. No amount of complaining is going to change the speed at which the process moves along.

Over the next month, qualified bidders will be doing their due diligence and meeting with the trust. Once bidders have had the opportunity to review the team's financial statements, which they were just issued, they will submit formal bids. This phase will take at least 3 weeks according to the AP. After formal bids have been submitted, the trust will deliberate for as long as they see fit. No amount of complaining is going to change the speed at which the process moves along.

This sums up where they are in the process. This thread should be locked and a Round 3 thread should be created/pinned when all formal bids have been submitted.

Essentially nothing involving the actual sale has to do with PR, at least on the Bills/trust's end. Perhaps at this point JBJ and Trump are playing the PR game, but that is related to their "brands" and not directly tied to buying the Bills.

There have always been a decent number of suitors (more than 4 most often mentioned). Some of the sources and reporters may be caught up in the distinction btw bidder/suitor/"interested party."

I heard on good authority that Jimbo is NOT aligned with Gundlach, so it will be interesting to see whose group Jimbo joins, if it is ever revealed.

Kirby/Kelly/Bandit is there any word that any of you are hearing if thew reports of 8 bidders is true, or is crap as some have said?

No idea on an actual number...only thing I've heard is that there are groups involved that nobody in the media has mentioned.

Opinion time: I'd be surprised if there were currently 8 groups, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were as many as 5 or 6.

Apologies as this is all I know at this point.

I heard on good authority that Jimbo is NOT aligned with Gundlach, so it will be interesting to see whose group Jimbo joins, if it is ever revealed.

What if Jim aligns with Trump or worse Bon Jovi? I love Jim but I'm kind of worried. If he's with Pegula then we know it's a done deal. Anything else is really going to throw a wrench in things

What if Jim aligns with Trump or worse Bon Jovi? I love Jim but I'm kind of worried. If he's with Pegula then we know it's a done deal. Anything else is really going to throw a wrench in things

I love Jimbo, but I believe you're giving him too much credit in this process. Even if he's not attached to the winning group, he'll still be involved with the organization.

Kelly and Trump have been friends for a while and Kelly's family stayed in Trumps apartment/condo while in NY for the treatments recently so him aligning with Trump would not surprise me.

But Toronto group, no way.

FWIW, my sources are willing to talk about structure of organization if the people they know become owners, but will not say squat about the sale process. I asked specifically on a couple occasions and they are being extremely tight lipped, so I've stopped asking.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

FWIW, my sources are willing to talk about structure of organization if the people they know become owners, but will not say squat about the sale process. I asked specifically on a couple occasions and they are being extremely tight lipped, so I've stopped asking.

This makes sense. The rest of the "leaks" do not.

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 25m

One of @JohnKryk's sources disagrees w/ @ByTimGraham's report there are 8 bid groups for #Bills. "It's all crap." http://www.buffaloru...orting …

I said in the prior now closed thread that the constant leaks about the higher number of bids without a single bidder being identified beyond the known bids is pure media driven and likely, if anything, the Trust and MS trying to drum up more bids AND increase existing potential bids by using the media to suggest there is a higher number of bidders. We're talking millions of extra dollars in potentially higher bids is someone, say T-money, feels like he has to beat more bidders. And because the trust can pretty much do as it please, it can speak with the media and float ideas out there in the hopes of driving up bids.

The question I would ask is, why have these sources, supposed from within, leaked the Pegula bid but no other names have surfaced? Because there likely aren't others and naming names would be a lie and immediately refuted by those named.

There will be 4 final bindings bids and T-money wins this thing. End of story, stayin.

Questionable logic. The Bills made between 30-40 million last year, and with a new stadium make 60 million.

I question how a 1 billion stadium and the debt payments that come with it wouldn't cut into the bottom line.

The Ralph is basically debt free, a new owner will carry around 200 million in borrowing cost for purchasing the franchise and 1/2 the cost of a stadium.

One thing is certain at this point. The egg is going to be all over everyone's face when this thing is said and done. The Trust will never be hired to sell another NFL team after bidders start leaking details of just how badly this process was run.

It just dawned on me how downright silly this process has become at this point. Really making the trustees look like a bunch of clowns.

How so? They are selling a rare billion-dollar-plus business. To complicate things they are engagine in a process that is typicall extrememly private under a media microscope. Don't forget, typically we hear nothing of the process when most teams sell. The only people who look like clowns are the fans who demand the team be sold like a car at auction. We have known from the beginning this would be a process. But when we get these incomplete (and likley inaccurate) updates on a daily basis, we expect them to just hurry up and make a decision. That's not going to happen. Adjust your expectations and relax.

Questionable logic. The Bills made between 30-40 million last year, and with a new stadium make 60 million.

I question how a 1 billion stadium and the debt payments that come with it wouldn't cut into the bottom line.

The Ralph is basically debt free, a new owner will carry around 200 million in borrowing cost for purchasing the franchise and 1/2 the cost of a stadium.

A few thoughts:

- I don't think a new stadium would crest the $1B mark. Probably looking more in the $800M range. This wouldn't be AT&T or Levi; probably closer to LucasOil.

- If it's El Pegual, he won't carry much (if any) debt load on the stadium. He could finance his portion (let's say it's $400M) in cash.

- Don't forget about the NFL's G4 fund for stadium construction. The funding there is very low interest.

The Trust will never be hired to sell another NFL team after bidders start leaking details of just how badly this process was run.

I'm quite certain this trust will never have to worry about selling anything else for the rest of their lives.

One thing is certain at this point. The egg is going to be all over everyone's face when this thing is said and done. The Trust will never be hired to sell another NFL team after bidders start leaking details of just how badly this process was run.

I have to assume this is some sort of joke, right? You are right about one thing, the trust will never sell another team unless Ralph dies again.

Perhaps you meant "Morgan Stanley" instead of "the trust". In which case, if they sell the team for a record amount of $$ for an NFL franchise (which is likely) why wouldn't they be used again? The process only seems screwed up because it is so public, and because the information leaking is incomplete or downright inaccurate. Oh, and because fans have no idea of how these things work,

Seems like Morgan Stanley is the group to blame more so than the trust