Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the NFL prohibits someone to own sports franchises in two different cities?

He has children. One of them could technically own one of the teams.

I'm hoping it is him (but somehow I doubt it). The multiple ownership rules could easily be bypassed because he has family who could take over the Bruins, or technically own the Bills.

Plus Delaware North owns gambling operations which I believe they would have to divest themselves from.

The brewery guy will definitely be the PBR dude. That has been rumored since this thing started.

Dean Metropoulos

He has children. One of them could technically own one of the teams.

He could divest himself of the Bruins, yes....the bigger issue is that he holds stakes in gambling interests that I was under the impression he didn't want to give up.

I thought the NFL prohibits someone to own sports franchises in two different cities?

I don't think we really ever got closure on this issue. I've been sending emails to ElPegual@buffalosabres.com on the hour every hour looking for answers. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Dean Metropoulos

He could divest himself of the Bruins, yes....the bigger issue is that he holds stakes in gambling interests that I was under the impression he didn't want to give up.

I actually think that's a smaller issue if he is serious about buying the team. He knows he would have to divest. He has children, you know.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 38s

About to post an update with more parties who've signed the Bills nondisclosure agreement: an NHL owner, an NBA founder and a brewery owner.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 2m

And, no, the NHL owner is not named Pegula.

This is so reminiscent of when Pat Moran kept sending out teasers re: the falsely reported border bust.

"Hey Bills fans, I'm about to post something that's going to be HUGE to the Buffalo Bills! Get ready!!" Bush League.