Naaman Roosevelt spotted at SJ Fisher

I was too kind in my assessment of Barden in another thread -- I said he wouldn't make it past the first round of cuts.

Turns out he didn't make it to the 2nd practice!

Welcome back Naaman -- you have a lot of fans in this forum.

Never understood why this guy wasn't any good. Speed and size are incredible in combination. I guess he lacks the know how or want to?

James Hardy. If you can't get separation at this level, all the size in the world doesn't matter.

And even though he went an awful high school, I've liked NR. Odds are long but I'm glad he's getting another shot.

James Hardy. If you can't get separation at this level, all the size in the world doesn't matter.

And even though he went an awful high school, I've liked NR. Odds are long but I'm glad he's getting another shot.

i used to joke that Hardy looked like Frankenstein running down field. Looked so uncomfortable. Honestly, had he picked up about 30lbs he might have made a decent TE

But Ramses Barden was the answer to our WR woes?!?!? He's 6'5"!!

im a bit surprised by that move. didnt think he was the answer, but thought he was a little more unique than namaan is as far as guys that are 8th or 9th on your wr depth chart.

Barden - How do you get cut after the 1st practice? How bad did he look??

Seems odd they didn't just do it before TC. Why have him go there, move in, etc? He had a terrible OTAs/minicamp from what was reported. I'm sure there must be a reason.

i used to joke that Hardy looked like Frankenstein running down field. Looked so uncomfortable. Honestly, had he picked up about 30lbs he might have made a decent TE

What makes you think he could have been a TE? I see the natural comparisons with route running, but it's not very easy becoming elite at another pro sports position just because there are some parallels. I am curious to know what you saw though.

Never understood why this guy wasn't any good. Speed and size are incredible in combination. I guess he lacks the know how or want to?

All he ever did was get open & catch the ball. Just average speed - that's why he hasn't been able to hang on so far. Also,not a bad punt returner.

he doesn't have pro speed or pro size. not sure where that comes from. good hands, good route runner. 40- 4.6, 6', and 189lbs. if anything he has the know how and the want to, lacks physiology.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71731&draftyear=2010&genpos=wr

Reading the tea leaves here, I am wondering if NR was brought in to influence MW in a professional way......wondering if there was a prior relationship the Bills are trying to use to help MW find his way to stability. Just thinkin........ And, he is every bit as useful as a Hogan IMHO....and, lastly, he has hometown fans here.....making this a marketing touch, if nothing else.