Most underrated player going into camp

if we can't run the ball to Ws this yr with these guys, the new OL, and the WR weapons the opposing D needs to worry about downfield.. .This team really is cursed. And Glenn is going to be back, I can feel it.

well. As of today were down to our 3rd string LT. So let's hope so.

On offense 6' 6" WR Ramses Barden will be that red zone threat that we thought we had with that 2nd rd bust James Hardy. Barden is at a good age (28) and has more pro experience than most of our WRs.

Defensively DL Alan Branch's versatility will be invaluable for us this year, especially with Dareus having his head up his ass. Schwartz's defense utilizes DTs and with Branch's versatility and experience he will be just what the doctor ordered.

Go Bills!

Agree with you on Branch, he's a better DT than DE, but he does have good versatility.

On offense 6' 6" WR Ramses Barden will be that red zone threat that we thought we had with that 2nd rd bust James Hardy. Barden is at a good age (28) and has more pro experience than most of our WRs.

Go Bills!

Barden won't make it past the first round of cuts.

My choice for underrated is Spiller. Sounds crazy for a 1st round pick but he has many detractors. I simply believe the injury last year really derailed him and if he can keep those wheels healthy he'll do special things this year -- particularly with Brown waiting in the wings.

He gets my vote, will end up being top slot guy.

i think woods will be the top slot guy, but he will be right behind him. 5th WR. I don't want to overreact to one practice, but starting to think TJ graham makes it over one of the taller guys.

Gilmore. He is a legit shutdown corner and will be in the conversation with Revis and Peterson by years end

I hope you are right and his name is worthy of mention in this thread. The problem is, he also might belong on the list of the most overrated.

If he lives up to the potential you describe, he could win us some football games. This is what we need.

I'll go with E.J. Nobody seems to be expecting much from him this year. The national media continually questions him. The pundits ranking the 2014 starting QBs always place him in the bottom half. But, mark my words, he's going to light it up this season and toss 30+ TDs.

(Of course, this is all wishful thinking. But if it turns it he actually was the most underrated player going into 2014, it'll make for a great season).

My thoughts exactly.

Odd. Just looked. Spikes is 26. He was the 2nd youngest lb of NE's core and few depth players. They are tremendously thin there

Yeah turns 27 in Sept. I find it odd that they would jettison their Mike LB who is in the prime of his career. This could be more of personality clash with Belichick as rumors indicated they feuded off and on throughout his tenure in Cheatriots land.

Preston Brown - this kid is going to push Nigel for playing time and will surprise a lot of people IMO

Aaron Williams - I think he is going to be a Pro Bowler at safety this year. All the talk about Byrd leaving, but this kid can play at safety and is going to be in a great position for a big year given out front 7.

Marquise Goodwin - all the talk about Watkins and Woods, plus Mike Williams and this kid seems to get forgotten a little bit. No one on this team can do what he can and I expect him to see the field a lot and be a game breaker.

I still think he has a shot of being a starter to open the season. Sammy looks promising, but he's still a rookie. It might be nice to have a veteran start while he works on his route running. Either way, I fully expect to see a LOT of 3 WR sets.

I also agree on Bryce Brown.

Sorry, but if you think there is any way that Sammy Watkins is not on the field for play one of the offense, you are wrong. When a team who has had the playoff drought the Bills have had uses basically 2 #1 choices on a player, yoou can bet the moon he will be starting.

Barden won't make it past the first round of cuts.

My choice for underrated is Spiller. Sounds crazy for a 1st round pick but he has many detractors. I simply believe the injury last year really derailed him and if he can keep those wheels healthy he'll do special things this year -- particularly with Brown waiting in the wings.

Nice call eball. Once you gave him the kiss of death Barden didn't even make it thru the day! Wow! I'm gonna start calling you Karnac. I guess that I'm down to Alan Branch. C'mon Branch, don't fail me now! Lol!

Underrated? :huh:

i will say that after 2 days this kid has amazed me. Looks better than any WR I've seen in camp ever (I don't remember anyone from moulds or before as I wasn't as deep into watching progression). So with that said, I can say that he might be the best WR I've ever seen in camp especially after 2 days. Really surprising considering he's a rookie. The sky really is the limit for this kid.

On that note I will add Dixon to the under rated talk. He's impressed me greatly. He will be on this roster. He continues to show he shouldn't be just a 3rd or 4th RB. Boy does our backfield look great.

Hughes is by far my vote for most under rated player... He is the bastard child of our stud DL... Often overlooked... Go to a camp, and he will entertain... Dude is lightning off the edge- just hope he has the ass to play the position...

A full healthy season and I see no issue with him matching or surpassing his sack total from 2013

Hughes is by far my vote for most under rated player... He is the bastard child of our stud DL... Often overlooked... Go to a camp, and he will entertain... Dude is lightning off the edge- just hope he has the ass to play the position...

A full healthy season and I see no issue with him matching or surpassing his sack total from 2013

hughes too

i will say that after 2 days this kid has amazed me. Looks better than any WR I've seen in camp ever (I don't remember anyone from moulds or before as I wasn't as deep into watching progression). So with that said, I can say that he might be the best WR I've ever seen in camp especially after 2 days. Really surprising considering he's a rookie. The sky really is the limit for this kid.

On that note I will add Dixon to the under rated talk. He's impressed me greatly. He will be on this roster. He continues to show he shouldn't be just a 3rd or 4th RB. Boy does our backfield look great.

I had high hopes for Dixon, but I am pleasantly surprised at what I'm hearing about him.

I know it's only 2 days into training camp and they haven't put on the pads yet, but I'm excited at the potential of our running game.

I had high hopes for Dixon, but I am pleasantly surprised at what I'm hearing about him.

I know it's only 2 days into training camp and they haven't put on the pads yet, but I'm excited at the potential of our running game.

yeah. Me too

I'm rethinking - with an injury or two... Bryce Brown could be critical and maybe even a wonderful revelation.

I'm thinking it won't necessarily take an injury or two. It wouldn't surprise me if he's the starter by opening day.

I'll go with E.J. Nobody seems to be expecting much from him this year. The national media continually questions him. The pundits ranking the 2014 starting QBs always place him in the bottom half. But, mark my words, he's going to light it up this season and toss 30+ TDs.

(Of course, this is all wishful thinking. But if it turns it he actually was the most underrated player going into 2014, it'll make for a great season).

+1

Naaman Roosevelt works out like crazy in the off season. Hope this year he can make a team

Be nice if Don Beebe could bring his House of Speed program here to work with the Bills

Edited by ALF

It's cool hearing the answers from the guys who did that fan reporting for us. :thumbsup:

I'm sure things are going to be tougher for Hughes when contact starts,and he isn't facing the 2nd and 3rd stringers. But when I hear talk on the D-line, I always hear about Dareus and Mario, and occasionally Kyle. Seeing him be an unholy terror now makes me think that we are going to have a scary D-line.

And, two days in, Sammy sounds like...exactly what we traded up for. If this keeps up, I might have to say that I was w-wr...wro...what word what I thinking of again? :rolleyes:

It's cool hearing the answers from the guys who did that fan reporting for us. :thumbsup:

I'm sure things are going to be tougher for Hughes when contact starts,and he isn't facing the 2nd and 3rd stringers. But when I hear talk on the D-line, I always hear about Dareus and Mario, and occasionally Kyle. Seeing him be an unholy terror now makes me think that we are going to have a scary D-line.

And, two days in, Sammy sounds like...exactly what we traded up for. If this keeps up, I might have to say that I was w-wr...wro...what word what I thinking of again? :rolleyes:

yea. Well see about Hughes when pads go on but honestly, it's his quickness that's getting him in there so much. I really feel like pads will just make it easier as the additional weight and bulk of the large OLmen with pads will slow them down more. Hughes isn't that bulky with them on. I don't want to throw out a bad analogy here but it's like Maybin when he was at Penn State. He was just running around people. Well see if that keeps up tho.

Sammy will make you say it. I was w.. wr... wrong... And I admit it proudly. The kid is a stud. If he stays healthy he'll be the rookie of the year.