Most underrated player going into camp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense: Kraig Urbik. A lot of people seem to be writing him off, but I wouldn't. I think he will be starting throughout the season. I know some people want to see Cyril Richardson take over, but I see Richardson as a project right now who will have to refine his game over the following season.

Defense: Manny Lawson. He should not be a DE, he's far better at OLB. He excels as a run defender and I hope he gets more opportunities at OLB.

Offense: Kraig Urbik. A lot of people seem to be writing him off, but I wouldn't. I think he will be starting throughout the season. I know some people want to see Cyril Richardson take over, but I see Richardson as a project right now who will have to refine his game over the following season.

Defense: Manny Lawson. He should not be a DE, he's far better at OLB. He excels as a run defender and I hope he gets more opportunities at OLB.

Thank you! Urbik has been solid for us and I expect him to continue being solid. He can also function as backup center. I would rather move him to center and then plug in Richardson or Hairston at RG than keep Legursky as backup C/G.

I wanna remind people about Jake Dombrowski. Underrated or not, I don't know. Is he ever rated?

Offense: TJ Graham. Under rated because everyone hates on him but hes actually a decent player. Like to see him used more in kick returns.

Defense: mckelvin. Gets hated on (not as bad as graham) but he's our best cover guy.

The TJ Graham fan club meets in a dark alley every two weeks on Tuesday. We prefer to remain anonymous, as our revealed identities could cause us harsh judgement.

But, being the President of this prestigious club - I do not want him returning kicks. WR or bust.

I could see Urbik battling off everyone and holding that starting role all season. Something about competition brings out the best in some, and when that competition is on your own team it could only be for the better.

Lawson scares me, as I hope he actually can muster up something to contribute. I know he's a good player but he just needs an opportunity in this system. It's a system we know next to nothing about...

I'll go with E.J. Nobody seems to be expecting much from him this year. The national media continually questions him. The pundits ranking the 2014 starting QBs always place him in the bottom half. But, mark my words, he's going to light it up this season and toss 30+ TDs.

(Of course, this is all wishful thinking. But if it turns it he actually was the most underrated player going into 2014, it'll make for a great season).

I really hope we get an EJ Manuel confidence meter up and soon. I am very curious to what we'll be thinking about him week in and week out.

Gilmore. He is a legit shutdown corner and will be in the conversation with Revis and Peterson by years end

I agree. He gets a pass for last year for being injured and then playing with a club on his hand for a few games.

Gilmore will be a top CB in the league.

A lot of good answers here. I can't go EJ, so I'll stay close at hand and say Eric Wood. Think Kent Hull, Jeff Saturday, Randy Cross, etc. Great centers help make QB's better, and EJ needs some help with proper blocking assignments, stopping penetration up the middle, clean exchanges and that certain confidence that can turn into.... dare I say... swagger (ok, that might be too much). On an All Time basis, I'd have to say a certain F. Jackson. What a shame that he's been here through such a dark time. He could have contributed on much better teams. Maybe my all time favorite!

Edited by Augie

Goodwin. When he played #1 last year when everyone was injured, he showed he can do more than just go routes. If he can stay healthy, he'll light it up this year.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Goodwin. When he played #1 last year when everyone was injured, he showed he can do more than just go routes. If he can stay healthy, he'll light it up this year.

I like this answer too. He's not just a small fast guy, he's a football player! (It's hard not to make a TJ comment here... oh wait, I just did.)

I don't think anyone here sees Goodwin as underrated, or at least not from what I've heard.

I don't think anyone here sees Goodwin as underrated, or at least not from what I've heard.

That's fair. He doesn't get beat up here, I just feel that he could be a special Desean Jackson type given the opportunity.

On offense 6' 6" WR Ramses Barden will be that red zone threat that we thought we had with that 2nd rd bust James Hardy. Barden is at a good age (28) and has more pro experience than most of our WRs.

Defensively DL Alan Branch's versatility will be invaluable for us this year, especially with Dareus having his head up his ass. Schwartz's defense utilizes DTs and with Branch's versatility and experience he will be just what the doctor ordered.

Go Bills!

i know you aren't a Spiller fan but our RB depth is ... Sick.

yes. Yes it is. I don't doubt that. And I am a fan of spiller. I just think fans over rate him. I think is injury prone. And I think Gailey was right all along when he says he gets winded.

Looking at him today, he looked thinner to me. Quicker than a year ago. Had some very nice plays with good burst. I hope he's on his game like a few years ago. I also feel that if brown and Dixon continue to impress like today that CJ may be trade bait. Maybe for picks. Maybe a LT. Maybe a OLB. Who knows. Maybe the keep him and hope for the best.

I still don't see him being on the team next year this time though.

yes. Yes it is. I don't doubt that. And I am a fan of spiller. I just think fans over rate him. I think is injury prone. And I think Gailey was right all along when he says he gets winded.

Looking at him today, he looked thinner to me. Quicker than a year ago. Had some very nice plays with good burst. I hope he's on his game like a few years ago. I also feel that if brown and Dixon continue to impress like today that CJ may be trade bait. Maybe for picks. Maybe a LT. Maybe a OLB. Who knows. Maybe the keep him and hope for the best.

I still don't see him being on the team next year this time though.

if we can't run the ball to Ws this yr with these guys, the new OL, and the WR weapons the opposing D needs to worry about downfield.. .This team really is cursed. And Glenn is going to be back, I can feel it.