WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not great return but it's the going rate. He was tough to trade because of his contract. He should be very good on SF.

? 7 good years and a 4th (or maybe 3rd) is not great return on a 7th round pick? Take it any day!

Good for stevie. Good luck. Good for the cap and possibly team sanity. Got the 4th back.

Doesn't next year's 1st plus Steve make the trade-up yesterday even more expensive than next year's 1st plus next year's 4th?

I generally agree with you but the reason the 49ers have a winning culture is making smart moves like this. Also, should we trade Kyle and Mario Williams? They are part of the losing culture as well?

I'm never negative and I'm praying I'm wrong. But I see SJ being a major contributer to a good team with championship hopes while our young guys learn the ropes from Mike Williams.

C. Biscuit97 - you're right I think he will be an asset to the 49ers, but to me this is as much about playing time for Woods Watkins Goodwin and Williams as it is cap$

Per schefter. For fourth round pick

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditoonal 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

I am happy for him he is going home. Thank you for your time here in Buffalo Stevie!

As an aside, this is yet another example of someone other than the snarks at the Buffalo News breaking a story that impacts the Bills or Sabres.

I don't understand the benefit of downgrading the talent on your team, especially if you are in "win now" mode.

Talent is not downgraded. Mike Williams is SJ13’s real replacement. Not Watkins. If Williams is healthy he’s a very

impactful player. Watkins, Woods, Williams and Goodwin is a potentially dominant group. The question is if Mike is

ready to stop the little immature foolishness off the field.

Remember the drop in the end zone when he was wide open, the stupid penalties, the immaturity, he had 7 years in Buffalo, and was merely average.

Remember the guy that was just traded for, and his attitude problems, his partying, and his being stabbed... And he has never had a 1,000 yard season.

Am I the only one who thinks Stevie is worth more than a bag of hockey pucks? I was very happy about the Sammy pick as it meant "!@#$ it, let's build now." We couldn't get a 5th round THIS year for him?

Agreed. I think Stevie's best days are behind him. I love our 3 WRs (Watkins, Woods and Goodwin) and like the chance we took on Mike Williams. The only thing that would be bad for us with this trade is injuries. I really want to see Goodwin on the field a lot and not just to stretch the field. I still think we should cut TJ Graham as he is not a NFL WR.

As an aside, this is yet another example of someone other than the snarks at the Buffalo News breaking a story that impacts the Bills or Sabres.

to be fair, Shefter never has to put out a negative story on the local team, and knowing Shefty is way cooler than knowing Tim Graham

I'm surprised by all of the animosity that I'm reading about this. I have long-defended Stevie- but this deal is a no-brainer. Makes sense for both teams. And there have been countless people on this board clamoring for the Bills to get rid of Johnson for years- now all of a sudden there is this outcry about his being dealt. The schizophrenia here is absolutely amazing!

Wow.

Unlike some of the haters on this board and in the Buffalo media, I was not pushing for this to happen. Stevie seems like a good guy and had success with Revis Island.

I wish him the best.

Me too.