Don't rule out Niagara Falls, N.Y. as Bills future home

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks jw,

love the idea of a Dome stadium near the falls :thumbsup:

i hate the idea of a domed stadium anywhere

i do like the idea of sharing facilities with U of Buffalo as it could only help them in recruiting as well

Edited by Max997

How wide is the Rainbow bridge to let the Canadians across the border for games? I don't remember it very well, it may need to be widened.

Lewiston Bridge would work also for Canadian Fans. Just put it somewhere where folks can get to the roads to go to and from without a big hastle. That is the big shortcoming of the downtown Buffalo waterfront location.

How wide is the Rainbow bridge to let the Canadians across the border for games? I don't remember it very well, it may need to be widened.

There will be a bump of new Canadians on board the Bills bandwagon by knocking off an hour of travel time, I would guess. The Rainbow can handle it.

We've managed with Peace Bridge's crappy two lanes so far.

This always made sense as it moves the team closer to Toronto to continue to grow the Canadian market. In addition there was that article a year or 2 ago about the Kelly group and the piece of land that is owned by a suspected investor. The land is right near the falls if I remember correctly.

i hate the idea of a domed stadium anywhere

i do like the idea of sharing facilities with U of Buffalo as it could only help them in recruiting as well

Love a dome...be nice to use it for other events and sitting in sub zero temps isnt fun for many of us anymore.

Facts,

UB is remodeling their stadium as part of a campus modernization 2020.

No way Erie county gives up the tax revenue the Bills generate unless they get something in return.

The falls is a great tourist destination, and having the Bills there would drive tourists numbers From Canada, but folks in the southern tier might not like the longer drive.

If it's a retractable dome I'm OK with it - only needs to be closed when WE want it to be. Maybe have fans vote on the way in.

From what I know of how it works in Indy, they have to decide by the morning of the game (for a 1:00 game) for various logistical reasons. In Indy, they only open it when there is 0 chance of precipitation and it isn't too hot. In Buffalo, they may choose to use the weather to their advantage if they are playing a dome or warm weather team so would be open for different reasons, obviously, but don't think it could be a fan vote as they walk in, too close to game time.

It's an option but I wouldn't bet on it. The people on the panel are committed to keeping it in Erie County. We would lose a lot if it were in Niagara County or even Genesee County but sure "all options are on the table." The priority is to keep them in Erie County but if that doesn't happen it's still in Cuomo's best interest to keep them in NY state

Folks:

This story just moved on AP wire.

http://pro32.ap.org/...ible-home-bills

jw

Howard Milstien is politically connected and he owns acres of land in NF. Plus commuter rail lines run from Toronto to NF, Canada. Imagine an "NFL Experience" themed stadium, hotel and entertainment complex.

PTR

If it's a retractable dome I'm OK with it - only needs to be closed when WE want it to be. Maybe have fans vote on the way in.

Please don't waste $300-$400 million on a roof that will get used twice a year.

Howard Milstien is politically connected and he owns acres of land in NF. Plus commuter rail lines run from Toronto to NF, Canada. Imagine an "NFL Experience" themed stadium, hotel and entertainment complex.

PTR

Please don't waste $300-$400 million on a roof that will get used twice a year.

well aware of Milstein's ties. don't see him getting involved in an ownership group, however, after what happened when he failed in bid to buy the Redskins, and the ugly aftermath.

jw

well aware of Milstein's ties. don't see him getting involved in an ownership group, however, after what happened when he failed in bid to buy the Redskins, and the ugly aftermath.

jw

But what about as a landlord or developer?

I hope this comes to pass. It is only venue and area I'd like to see for a new stadium. JMO.

It's the only option IMO.

Attractive natural venue, just about as close to b lo as the Ralph now, closer to southern Ontario, no different to most of WNY population, a stadium there would be attractive for other stuff.... Niagara Falls economy is in tough shape in need of some stimulation/redevelopment, making it a perfect political target...

Why would they look anywhere else?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

No

All 12 of them?

No the thousands of folks that come from Jamestown, Dunkirk, Olean, Slamanca, Fredonia, Busti, Lakewood, Findley Lake, Cassadaga each week to support the Bills, plus not to mention our friends down in Warren Pa, Sugar Grove, Youngsville and even those that come from Erie Pa.

As the one politician said the Bills were born in Buffalo but the Bills are the ONLY NY State team so they should do what ever it takes to keep them here .

Put the stadium at the intersection of 3 county's Niagra , Erie, & Genesse & have all 3 counties pay for the stadium instead of just one …

Cool. Although this is one of many possibilities, I'm fine with a Niagara County site and the shared Bills-Bulls practice/training facility is a nice tie in to financing from NYS.

Living in Erie county, I'm fine too with Niagara county footing the new stadium bill

Edited by MarkyMannn

No

No the thousands of folks that come from Jamestown, Dunkirk, Olean, Slamanca, Fredonia, Busti, Lakewood, Findley Lake, Cassadaga each week to support the Bills, plus not to mention our friends down in Warren Pa, Sugar Grove, Youngsville and even those that come from Erie Pa.

Do a simple count of cars coming from the south vs from the north to RWS and do the analysis.

From the article: "The critical thing here is that we all have to come together as a region to make certain that we keep the Bills here," Dyster said. "If we lose the Bills, we're all losers."

Say what you will about politicians, but I am glad Senator Schumer is involved in this process. I would hate for infighting at the local level to result in losing the team. Someone at the level of US Senator can more easily step in and quell bickering between cities/towns/counties.

When it comes down to it, any Western New York location is better than LA/Toronto/London/the Moon, etc.

Edited by jimmyo

From the article: "The critical thing here is that we all have to come together as a region to make certain that we keep the Bills here," Dyster said. "If we lose the Bills, we're all losers."

Say what you will about politicians, but I am glad Senator Schumer is involved in this process. I would hate for infighting at the local level to result in losing the team. Someone at the level of US Senator can more easily step in and quell bickering between cities/towns/counties.

When it comes down to it, any Western New York location is better than LA/Toronto/London/the Moon, etc.

as long as there is a camera in the vicinity, schumer will be around.

as long as there is a camera in the vicinity, schumer will be around.

lol, the same joke literally made about every politician ever.

Like I said, say what you will about him or anyone else, the involvement of a US Senator on this stadium committee is a good thing.