Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Dixon is officially a Buffalo Bill per his twitter. Sorry I can't copy and paste tweets his twitter ID is @BOOBIE24DIXON

Anthony Dixon @Boobie24Dixon 5m

So glad to be the newest member of the Buffalo Bills...gonna make this thang offficial in the morning.

They ain't thru the first round of appetizers and henessey's yet.

I'm thinking their on the way to the Sundowner or some such type of wondrous establishment that is good for culture. Buddy ain't runnin this rodeo no more.

I'm thinking their on the way to the Sundowner or some such type of wondrous establishment that is good for culture. Buddy ain't runnin this rodeo no more.

You get the Ballet after the contract is signed not before.

The Bills have made it clear that they understand where their weakness lies. ST and Run D were both atrocious and they are attacking those deficiencies right now. If they concentrate on receiving threats and OL help in the draft it shows that unlike previous regimes they aren't clueless to what everyone else is seeing. Loving this approach they're taking.

The Bills have made it clear that they understand where their weakness lies. ST and Run D were both atrocious and they are attacking those deficiencies right now. If they concentrate on receiving threats and OL help in the draft it shows that unlike previous regimes they aren't clueless to what everyone else is seeing. Loving this approach they're taking.

This is on the mark. I'd be pleased if I could talk myself into liking the Chris Williams signing more, but hey, what can you do. The ST additions are important, and Spikes should go a long way to help our run D if signed. I hope playing behind a more penetrating style of DT won't hinder his abilities.

This draft is all about offense I believe.

Anthony Dixon @Boobie24Dixon 5m

So glad to be the newest member of the Buffalo Bills...gonna make this thang offficial in the morning.

Yes, thanks, although that's not exactly what I meant. I wanted to link the tweet to the site.

That is why I said this is an excellent FA class.

They're going after Low cost FAs that address the Bills' weak points.

It is a big change from FO's of the past.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Hazed and Amuzed

Hazed and Amuzed

Posted Today, 08:26 PM

•  

/////////////////////////////////

I agree with this 100%. I like the strategy of going for value hole-plugging in free agency, and saving flash for the draft. I think for Buffalo that strategy is smart.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

This is on the mark. I'd be pleased if I could talk myself into liking the Chris Williams signing more, but hey, what can you do. The ST additions are important, and Spikes should go a long way to help our run D if signed. I hope playing behind a more penetrating style of DT won't hinder his abilities.

This draft is all about offense I believe.

if your going to stay with EJ Manuel then you might as well help him by giving him more time to throw and a better running game. you can do that with an OT.

my draft scenario:

#9 - OT Taylor Lewan or robinson, Matthews if available.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

Agreed...

I'm really big on team building...not talent stockpiling...I think if you look at what the Seahawks and 49ers have done over the past few years it's all about building a team...1-53...Everyone with a role...Everyone pulling their weight and knowing how they fit in to the overall plan...I think Marrone/Whaley understand this...I like what I'm seeing...And I'm FAR from an apologist... B-)

if your going to stay with EJ Manuel then you might as well help him by giving him more time to throw and a better running game. you can do that with an OT.

my draft scenario:

#9 - OT Taylor Lewan or robinson, Matthews if available.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

Oh God no. I think we can get a far more useful player than AJ McCarron with our third. I mean, I like his girl and all but I don't think he would succeed here as a qb. Way better options than him that will actually contribute to us winning games. He's no better than what we have at back up and actually probably worse!

It's Incarcerated Bob, he says something like that for most FA visits. If he's right 20% of the time, it's good enough for 100K followers.

Yeah, but there has been a lot of smoke around Spikes/Bills coming together today. It’s been a couple different sources outside of Bob. Such as:

RETWEETED 1M AGO

UrJlPBqJ_normal.pngChris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 8m agoOn the Brandon Spikes front, I have nothing further to report. I stand by what I tweeted earlier.

Edited by purple haze

Well said.

Oh God no. I think we can get a far more useful player than AJ McCarron with our third. I mean, I like his girl and all but I don't think he would succeed here as a qb. Way better options than him that will actually contribute to us winning games. He's no better than what we have at back up and actually probably worse!

I would say God No to drafting the least important position on either side of the ball with the 9th pick. Could get a guy in the 3rd or 4th round to start from day 1. Top 10 picks need to be difference makers, and there never has been an RT in the history of the NFL that has been that.

Yeah, but there has been a lot of smoke around Spikes/Bills coming together today. It’s been a couple different sources outside of Bob. Such as:

RETWEETED 1M AGO

UrJlPBqJ_normal.pngChris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 8m agoOn the Brandon Spikes front, I have nothing further to report. I stand by what I tweeted earlier.

All of the spikes reports have come from hack wannabe sources. I'm afraid they may have jinxed it

All of the spikes reports have come from hack wannabe sources. I'm afraid they may have jinxed it

Yea caplan is the only journalist, and he said not even close. The rest are trapasso who is really hit or miss, and then an unemployed 20 year old citing trapasso in his "article" and then incarcerated bob.

As I said earlier caplan likely spoke to the agent who wants offers coming in regardless of status, trapasso on the other hand is a total wildcard so who knows....

AP reporting deal..

http://online.wsj.co...f9174ea3e0.html

Nicholas Mendola@NicholasMendola 1m

Just posted this with @john_wawrow, #Bills fans. Spikes to Buffalo, according to a source: http://online.wsj.com/article/APfb38883352404028a29d7df9174ea3e0.html

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 1m

Person familiar with talks has confirmed to AP that LB Brandon Spikes has agreed to deal with #Bills.

Edited by BRAWNDO

AP reporting deal..

Just posted this with @john_wawrow, #Bills fans. Spikes to Buffalo, according to a source: http://online.wsj.com/article/APfb38883352404028a29d7df9174ea3e0.html

Person familiar with talks has confirmed to AP that LB Brandon Spikes has agreed to deal with #Bills.

WOOT!!! :w00t:

lol - love TBD, of all the things in the world, the media "jinxed us". As for everyone that was "nervous" earlier, just wait for the situation to play out before being sad - you might actually like end results...

I would say God No to drafting the least important position on either side of the ball with the 9th pick. Could get a guy in the 3rd or 4th round to start from day 1. Top 10 picks need to be difference makers, and there never has been an RT in the history of the NFL that has been that.

Ok, agreed. Personally I want Ebron at nine as I belive he is capable of being a difference maker and winning games.

But my post was only referring to papazoids third round pick for us being AJ McCarron. So now I'm confused. You agree with me that in the third round we should not even look at AJ's hottie and instead focus on a player on either side of the ball that can actually contribute to winning right? Maybe like an OL who will still be around?

I know this, come draft time AJ's girl is going to be looking for a suitor. Let it not be us. See Miami for an example. Although in their case it's kind of working out. So so qb with a smoking wife. But then again it's Miami.

AP reporting deal..

nice.....fixes HUGE hole in run defense.

If Wawrow is reporting it then it is 100% correct. He will not report on speculation or BS. He will report only when the story is confirmed by a direct source. It is AP protocol.

Trapasso, Bob, others can suck a ... because they knew nothing but the obvious situation and had a high probability of being right. Obvious is obvious, now they can beat their chests to this, but Trapasso, Rodrak, and Bob are hacks.