Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I can speak for Reed83, but what I got from his posts, I think he was saying the coaches are responsible for putting these players in a position to excel. Sure, Aaron Williams played DB for the Bills last season, but Pettine was the one who had him at SS from day 1. Aaron Williams is not necessarily a new player, he's a holdover who was put in a better position to excel. Leodis was in the doghouse last season, a starter this season. Same player, same position, better scheme. It's true, players play the game, coaches coach, but if a coordinator doesn't know how to maximize the strengths, or skillsets of his men, then it doesn't matter who's out there on the field.

Thank you, you actually did well speaking for me :thumbsup:

It has been a very loooong day at work today (and this month) and I am a bit fried; so I am doing a cruddy job in trying to articulate my thoughts tonight...

Mark Gaughan@gggaughan 1m

I'm hearing Mike Pettine is going to get Browns job. A deal is close.

Expand

If they don't make an offer by the end of the week, I would think pettine pulls his name out of the running

if no offer is made by end of business day tomorrow Pettine has no business leaving. The Browns need to **** or get off the pot. They cannot afford to keep sitting on their hands and look uncertain. The fans will only be left frustrated yet again when they have to endure another up and down prospect coach.

Gotta figure its going to be Petrine or the Denver OC.

What's funny about this whole situation: bills and browns fans are probably all praying pettine stays here!

Which is the number one reason why I think it is going to happen :(

As much as it is tough being a bills fan, I am thrilled to not be a browns fan. People hate on Ralph, but the browns by far have it worse ownership wise

Which is the number one reason why I think it is going to happen :(

As much as it is tough being a bills fan, I am thrilled to not be a browns fan. People hate on Ralph, but the browns by far have it worse ownership wise

With the league trending towards nabbing OCs for HCs, Cleveland looks to a one-year DC on a 6-10 team which has been wandering in the desert for the past 14 years. Sounds about right.

Cleveland is to interview Kirk Koetter, Atlanta's OC, according to the Brown's beat reporter for ESPN this afternoon and 49ers ESPN beat writer said they are doing a background investigation on Jim Tomsula, defensive line coach. Interesting turn of events.

Is your girl Mary Kay there too?

she is on the way to pick up Mario's fiance at the Niagara Falls Airport. Pat Moran and Shawn's Merriman have the border secured to speed the rush back and Luke Russerts mom has a room ready and booked.

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23 1m

Lol people be sayin stuff to be talkin obviously don't know what's goin on or they inside scoop just playin them

What in Gods name does this translate to in English. Twitter is evil

"People in the media are spreading unconfirmed reports simply for the benefit of their own name recognition. Or perhaps their sources are purposely spreading misinformation for unknown reasons."

I speak jive as well.

Is your girl Mary Kay there too?

Reportedly...but for cosmetic appearances only.

"People in the media are spreading unconfirmed reports simply for the benefit of their own name recognition. Or perhaps their sources are purposely spreading misinformation for unknown reasons."

I speak jive as well.

He's a moron to want to coach there. They are a disaster as a organization!!! Teams like the Browns makes me appreciate being a Bills fan in trialing times!

Nominated for most ironic post this year. Yeah, the Browns are the disaster organization. Lol

Why would Pettine ever want to go coach for a disaster organization!?

Edited by develop818

I speak jive as well.

And he took the post down...

Ian rapoport says "it's not happening tonight" and then gaughan backs off his earlier statement...hmm....you know this is the bills and browns....this thing is not going to go smoothly

I think you are entirely correct

He's a moron to want to coach there. They are a disaster as a organization!!! Teams like the Browns makes me appreciate being a Bills fan in trialing times!

So u have no problems with a "Moron" leaving to coach Cleveland. I have to disagree. I feel Petinne was a very smart D cord and did wonders with this D. We will be sad if he does go.

Regardless of whether Pettine leaves this year or next, it's beginning to look like the Bills' decision to hire Marrone as the head coach and Pettine as the assistant was, well, a classic Bills decision. Hindsight is 20/20, but man I wish Pettine was the top dog and Marrone was still, obviously, in Syracuse, obviously.

Regardless of whether Pettine leaves this year or next, it's beginning to look like the Bills' decision to hire Marrone as the head coach and Pettine as the assistant was, well, a classic Bills decision. Hindsight is 20/20, but man I wish Pettine was the top dog and Marrone was still, obviously, in Syracuse, obviously.

Obviously ya know, what we have here is an obvious oversight by the bills once again. It's important to understand that obviously Pettine is a good coach and he will obviously be missed.

There's no guarantee Pettine would've led the Bills to a better than 6-10 record, HOWEVER I'm quite sure he would've hired an experienced offensive coordinator, as well as a QB coach. Would this combination have led the Bills to a better offense and subsequently, a better record? There's absolutely no way of knowing...

......HOWEVER I'm quite sure he would've hired an experienced offensive coordinator, as well as a QB coach.....

How can you be so sure of that? He obviously had a hand in the hiring of the inexperienced ILB coach Driesbach.

if no offer is made by end of business day tomorrow Pettine has no business leaving. The Browns need to **** or get off the pot. They cannot afford to keep sitting on their hands and look uncertain. The fans will only be left frustrated yet again when they have to endure another up and down prospect coach.

Gotta figure its going to be Petrine or the Denver OC.

Denver OC pulled out earlier today.

well, the smart ones have avoided Cleveland like the plague … if Pettine goes, maybe just as well, there has to be something wrong with anyone that wants to walk into that mess

Aren't all the ones who have withdrawn their names on teams that are likely to be good next year, and they'll have another opportunity? Pettine is on a 6-10 team, who aren't likely to anytime soon be a team where other teams are eager to raid their coaches.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 47m

Bills sources say team believes Pettine will get the Browns job based on feedback they've received.

What kind of statement is that? Tim, go to bed.

So, I stay away for a couple hours and the only difference is a couple of "reporters" on twitter drumming up internet traffic?

This whole situation is funny. First, I like Mike Pettine and I like what he did this season but Doug Marrone and Doug Whaley were able to "convince" Mike Pettine to come to Buffalo after he was going to be relieved of his DC duties in NY. There were all sorts of threads this off season that questioned whether the defense in NY was a product of Rex or Pettine. IMO, with superior talent, Pettine still finished behind where Rex's defense finished, so that question has been answered.

Doug2 is still here, they were able to get Pettine to come to Buffalo and people are convinced there is no way they could get a DC with Pettine's skills to come to Buffalo? Or find someone with similar skills? Come on. Even if you take that stance that the defense was outstanding, which I believe it was average, the DC job in Buffalo has to look pretty attractive, no?