Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*******Breaking news*******

Pettine will be having a 2nd interview with Browns.

Where is this coming from? Cleveland Plain Dealer doesn't have this, saying the Browns are bringing in a Dallas coach for an interview next.

kj

Where is this coming from? Cleveland Plain Dealer doesn't have this, saying the Browns are bringing in a Dallas coach for an interview next.

kj

I was just looking for it my self...

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 5m

Screen grab from @WFNYCraig, Mike Pettine's daughter apparently tweeting her dad got a 2nd interview with the Browns: pic.twitter.com/IRUdR7OFUC

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 4m

Of course, there are multiple reasons to debate the merits of this. However, it's out there. And the account has since been deleted.

Okay, I wouldn't worry too much yet. The Browns just lined up another coach for an interview and the owner released a letter yesterday telling fans to be patient, that they were going to be very deliberate and thorough. I very much doubt that any decision has been made.

I'll believe it when it happens. I predict it won't happen. I think Pettine has talked to Chudzinski by now.

I don't think Chud can interfere with their interview process like that since technically he is still getting paid by the browns.

Does anyone know of any specific NFL sanctions there are with these type of situations?

Pettine's daughter tweeted he's going in for a 2nd interview.

To tweet that she must be excited about the prospect of her father becoming a HC in the NFL. That probably makes Pettine too.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Just my gut, but I think they hire one of the coordinators from Seattle or SF...think this is just to appease a cranky fan base they they are in fact doing something!

I don't think so.

Michael Lombardi is their GM, and is probably responsible for all the recent moves on that team. They will hire the man with the best plan for winning and turning the team around. Lombardi has been around long enough to know what he is doing.

The team will probably wait until the playoffs are over to make a decision. but then again, If Pettine is indeed getting a second interview, then my panic is starting to heighten.

STOP WORRYING....

Rich Bisaccia is the next to interview for Browns job.

http://profootballta...for-browns-job/

I don't know who that is, but I hope he has a killer interview.

Honestly, I would take a NE win on Sunday if it means the Denver OC is free and available on Monday. I am hoping that Cleveland is just marking time until additional coordinators become available on Monday.

Enticing features of Browns HC job:

5 Pro Bowlers

Lots of picks in this strong draft

Lots of cap space

Downside:

No FQB

Unstable organization

Banner & Lombardi (who are in charge of making those picks and choosing FAs)

Owner still trying to stay out of jail