If EJ is not the answer, who should we "suck" for?

this question is predicated on the basis that we are "assuming" EJ is not the answer, I am not suggesting that he is or isn't. If he is not the answer, who would you love to see drafted as the next franchise QB, since we didn't Suck-for-Luck, nor did we Blow-for-barkley, who should we "suck" for this upcoming season?

Winston, and it's not even close. The guy is a very good qb AND a good pitcher. He has a low 90s fastball and had a pretty good strikeout-to-walk ratio in 27 innings last year for FSU baseball. In other words, he's accurate - one of the three core qualities (along with arm strength and intelligence).

Winston, and it's not even close. The guy is a very good qb AND a good pitcher. He has a low 90s fastball and had a pretty good strikeout-to-walk ratio in 27 innings last year for FSU baseball. In other words, he's accurate - one of the three core qualities (along with arm strength and intelligence).

The throws i've seen Winston make this year are nothing short of amazing. Throwing guys open, putting the ball in windows that weren't even there. His anticipation and pocket awareness are off the charts. He can run, but is not a very good runner, and prefers to stay in the pocket to make plays.

EJ was a good QB for us here. Jameis is nothing short of amazing. Kid is a once in a generation talent. Hell of a pitcher too, as he's slated to be our closer in the spring. His fastball has been clocked in the upper 90s. In Miami (with their radar guys) they clocked him in the 95-97 range.

The throws i've seen Winston make this year are nothing short of amazing. Throwing guys open, putting the ball in windows that weren't even there. His anticipation and pocket awareness are off the charts. He can run, but is not a very good runner, and prefers to stay in the pocket to make plays.

EJ was a good QB for us here. Jameis is nothing short of amazing. Kid is a once in a generation talent. Hell of a pitcher too, as he's slated to be our closer in the spring. His fastball has been clocked in the upper 90s. In Miami (with their radar guys) they clocked him in the 95-97 range.

Yeah, I know he's been clocked that high, but in games his fastball is in the 92-94 range (which is plenty good).

Why do we have to suck for someone? Its about the journey not the destination. Can't we simply just suck?

Well I contended that we sucked at sucking for luck, and instead of blowing for barkley, we just blew for nothing, so I'd say we did just as you asked. We seem to be on this endless journey...

To me, the ultimate answer is a new owner comitted to staying in B-lo.

But as far as winning more games, we need to see improved coaching ASAP... That means better roster decisions, improved player development, more position discipline, and effective playcalling,

I see EJ Manuel as molding clay in the hands of an accomplished scuptor's KID. Sure, Nat Hackett has watched his daddy, and picked up a few things. But can he DO THE JOB himself? -As far as I can tell, the answer is NO. Hackett should return to the college ranks, and build a winning resume there. The man is NOT a viable option at OC.

Edited by #34fan

Marcus Mariota should be on your list. Winston is just a freshman. I.d keep an eye on Kessler from USC. None of then will be available for at least another year.

Winston is a RS Freshman, just as Johnny Football was last year. He can leave FSU after next season. He and Mariotta are by far the two best QB's potentially on the board in 2015.

IMO all signs point to another 6-10 record next year. We would have to trade our whole draft to move from 9 or 10 to get Winston with the top pick if that is the case. It ain't gonna happen, but I wouldn't mind if we traded someone like Byrd or Stevie plus a late round pick to make it happen. Winston is going to be a stud in the NFL. Big, strong, fast. Like Cam Newton except more accurate. I think if we decide Manuel isn't the answer then we have to do whatever it takes to get Winston next year

IMO all signs point to another 6-10 record next year. We would have to trade our whole draft to move from 9 or 10 to get Winston with the top pick if that is the case. It ain't gonna happen, but I wouldn't mind if we traded someone like Byrd or Stevie plus a late round pick to make it happen. Winston is going to be a stud in the NFL. Big, strong, fast. Like Cam Newton except more accurate. I think if we decide Manuel isn't the answer then we have to do whatever it takes to get Winston next year

Please explain "all signs point to another 6-10 season next year." I'm interested in hearing the analysis that's leading you to that conclusion.