Bills get pick 9

Plus we already have 17 tires.

Mosely and only Mosely in the first. OL and TE are the priorities after that.

How can people look at Woods, Goodwin and Stevie and say we need to pick Evans?

We are bad in the red zone. That can be the difference in a game. The good teams have a monster that you can just isolate & they will catch it. We are solely lacking there. If not Evans. We definitely need a monster TE.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've posted this before....almost any team would trade the Bills their starting guard for the 9th pick. Not sure how else to dismiss this "draft a guard" talk.

No way the Bills Draft an OG at #9...They proved last year that it's not their philosophy to take an OG high...

There will however be a couple VERY good OT prospects available at #9...And that is definitely a possibility... B-)

No way the Bills Draft an OG at #9...They proved last year that it's not their philosophy to take an OG high...

There will however be a couple VERY good OT prospects available at #9...And that is definitely a possibility... B-)

Some people don't seem to understand that.

They may draft a tackle by default, because it may be the BPA at their pick, but I don't think they will be going into the draft hoping that is what falls to them. I don't think an OT is gonna transform this offense. I think they should bring in a few new lineman, but not a 9th pick. I would rather have a linebacker.

I guess TE would be my choice for "position that a top talent could have the most impact". I really believe they will go BPA, or a guy they really like as a leader.

As OGs make more money than RTs, I think the same logic you applied to drafting an OG would apply to drafting an OT(considering we are set at LT).

Does anyone know how many spots we improved in our draft position because of the loss today? Has to be 5-6 better right?

Also my first 3 rounds if management is satisfied with our QB situation:

1.) Big Tall Physical WR/ LB that can stop the run/rush QB

2.) Athletic TE that has great hands

3.) Guard.

Does anyone know how many spots we improved in our draft position because of the loss today? Has to be 5-6 better right?

Also my first 3 rounds if management is satisfied with our QB situation:

1.) Big Tall Physical WR/ LB that can stop the run/rush QB

2.) Athletic TE that has great hands

3.) Guard.

had we won today.....we would pick 11th or 12th (decided by a coin flip with NYG)

You heard it here first....SJ has played his last down as a Buffalo Bill.

Mike Evans or Ebron in the first.

I also believe that defensive needs will be addressed through FA, as Pettine and his defensive scheme will be more attractive to FA's than our offense, so the draft will be heavy on the offensive side of the ball.

How can people look at Woods, Goodwin and Stevie and say we don't need to pick Evans.

(As an aside I hope the Bills didn't let Graham on the team plane. "Uh Sorry dude you can find your own ride from now on.")

As OGs make more money than RTs, I think the same logic you applied to drafting an OG would apply to drafting an OT(considering we are set at LT).

Maybe so Dibs...I would prefer a WR or a TE anyway...But we'll see... B-)

You heard it here first....SJ has played his last down as a Buffalo Bill.

Mike Evans or Ebron in the first.

I also believe that defensive needs will be addressed through FA, as Pettine and his defensive scheme will be more attractive to FA's than our offense, so the draft will be heavy on the offensive side of the ball.

I pretty much agree...But I would be pretty shocked if they released Stevie...Though that may be more of an emotional response than a logical one... B-)

This next draft makes 3 years.

It's pathetic. Over the past 14 years, the Bills average win/ loss record is 6-10. If the Bills really want to become a playoff team/Super Bowl contender, then they need to draft a real franchise QB, and not a project QB that could be the guy in a few years (which Glass Joe (Manuel) looks like another backup QB).

in order of importance:

#1- FRANCHISE QB (if peyton manning was our QB we would have 5 more wins , EJ will never be a franchise QB)

#2- LG (upgrade the O-line, draft a LTand play him at RT, move pears to LG)

#3- DT ( NEED NOSE TACKLE TO STOP THE RUN !!!) move Dareus to DE

#4- TE (weakest position on team)

#5- MLB (need to stop the run, move kiko to OLB)

:death: If you want us to draft an OG at #9 or a DT at #9 you are bonkers. We have a borderline great interior of the line. You stop the run with LBs. Good D-linemen exist to keep the OL off the backers, and make the occasional play, not to necessarily make the play themselves. Moving Dareus to DE is ludicrous.

Drafting a QB at #9 is probably not good value if the QB desperate teams ahead of us draft as expected.

The pick should be Barr in a perfect world or Mosley in a likely one. Mack is a great rusher, but we don't need that.

How can people look at Woods, Goodwin and Stevie and say we don't need to pick Evans.

(As an aside I hope the Bills didn't let Graham on the team plane. "Uh Sorry dude you can find your own ride from now on.")

Bob Woods is a stud and had a very good rookie year considering the carousel at QB, what in the sam hill are you talking about?

Edited by Endless Ike

We are bad in the red zone. That can be the difference in a game. The good teams have a monster that you can just isolate & they will catch it. We are solely lacking there. If not Evans. We definitely need a monster TE.

Sounds like James Hardly. No thanks. We win today's game if Mosely is on our team.

Sounds like James Hardly. No thanks. We win today's game if Mosely is on our team.

Outside of their height there is nothing remotely comparable between Hardy and Evans...

And no offense...But can we nip the comparison of potential Draft picks to Bills busts in the bud right now? ...One of my biggest pet peeves on this board... B-)

I'm thinking that Mack has to be the target. A big playmaker (either big WR or TE) in round 2 followed by a OL in round 3. I would be happy with Mack, Amaro/Seferian-Jenkins and some good OL. It's very possible

I think the Bills will look to bring an ILB in during Free Agency in order to move Kiko to the weak side...Then concentrate on the Offensive side early in the Draft...

I guy I LOVE when he's healthy is Jon Beason... B-)

You're right. Let's just have scrubs like Blount run all over us so we can get a tall guy and have 4good receivers. Stevie can't get open from the goal line? Carolina disagrees.

Serious question, are you drunk? I have drunk posted several times and this looks like one of my 12 drink posts.

I know it not looked kindly upon in buffalo to criticize Kiko, but based on about the last 6 weeks, he is hardly elite. He needs some work.

I agree, definitely faded a bit down the stretch but I have to hope it is a high motor guy hitting the rookie wall and next year will be different.

So the Bills should never draft a tall WR because Hardy was a bust?

I was listening to Sal on the radio and that was his logic to deflect any talk of we need a big WR too. I like Sal but thats like saying we took JP in the first so we should never draft a Qb in the early.

I like Beason but he is too old and to injury prone. Why not sign a guard or two, keep Byrd and draft Mosely? Mosely and Kiko for 8 years or so? Yes please.

Maybe because the Bills can't score nearly enough and need help at WR, TE, and O-Line for starters?...

But I'm not going to debate that they need help on D...And if they go that way Mosley would certainly be a nice addition...I just don't think they'll go that way... B-)

2013: Jets - Dee Milliner - CB

2012: Panthers - Luke Kuechly - ILB (Pro Bowl)

2011: Cowboys - Tyron Smith - OT (Pro Bowl)

2010: Bills - CJ Spiller - RB (Pro Bowl)

2009: Packers - BJ Raji - DT (Pro Bowl)

2008: Bengals - Keither Rivers - LB

2007: Dolphins - Ted Ginn, Jr - WR

2006: Lions - Ernie Sims - LB

2005: Redskins - Carlos Rogers - CB (Pro Bowl)

2004: Jaguars - Reggie Williams - WR

2003: Vikings - Kevin Williams - DT (Pro Bowl)

2002: Jaguars - John Henderson -DT (Pro Bowl)

2001: Seahawks - Koren Robinson - WR (Pro Bowl)

2000: Bears - Brian Urlacher - LB (Pro Bowl)

14 players, 9 Pro Bowlers. Odds are good we will draft a Pro Bowler

Don't play the odds game when you talk about the Bills. It's actually a Buffalo thing.

1. Houston

2. St Louis

3. Jax

4. Cleveland

5. Oakland

6 Atlanta

7. Tampa Bay

8. Minnesota

9. Buffalo

10 Detroit

11 Tennessee

12 New York Giants

Blake Bortles if he comes out.

All those Qbs will be better than Manuel. He is the worst qb ever. He did nothing good this year. Facts.

:lol:

Now you're learning :thumbsup:

Good. Let them pick them. Get me Mike Evans and a TE in the 2nd.

Agreed on Mike Evans. Mike Evans immediately upgrades our WR corp. Regarding TE, draft 1 in the 2nd round and also make a play for either Jimmy Graham - I would give up first round picks for him should he be franchised, although New Orleans will have serious cap challengenges; Jermichael Finley and / or Dennis Pitta.

Also need to dump TJ Graham and do it soon.

TOP NEEDS IN THE DRAFT

Big Body Receiving Threat - preferably a TE but perhaps a big WR

Offensive Lineman - likely interior

Linebacker - not a edge rush LB but a stand up LB to play next to Kiko

How about Brandon Spikes, FA from NEw England Patriots. Spikes would bring some immediate nastiness to our D, something we need.

in order of importance:

#1- FRANCHISE QB (if peyton manning was our QB we would have 5 more wins , EJ will never be a franchise QB)

#2- LG (upgrade the O-line, draft a LTand play him at RT, move pears to LG)

#3- DT ( NEED NOSE TACKLE TO STOP THE RUN !!!) move Dareus to DE

#4- TE (weakest position on team)

#5- MLB (need to stop the run, move kiko to OLB)

Was our "Franchise QB" on the field when the Pats lined up trying to run the ball and the clock out, and ran the ball right down their Effing throats. LeGarret Effing Blount? They need run stuffing LB/s and DTS on defense. That is the number 1 priority.

TOP NEEDS IN THE DRAFT

Big Body Receiving Threat - preferably a TE but perhaps a big WR

Offensive Lineman - likely interior

Linebacker - not a edge rush LB but a stand up LB to play next to Kiko

Being an FSU fan, I would love to see them get Kelvin Benjamin in the later rounds, he is big, fast, and has good hands. He also has chemistry with EJ. He can be a hybrid TE/WR....a LB to play next to Kiko, a guard, and a right tackle. It's not even January yet! and we are already playing the draft game.....again.