Raw sewage = Time for a new stadium

ET1062

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a sewer line break and sewage spillage into the concourse from about section 120 to 140. I don't know where the initial break was , but **** still flows downhill.

i can't tell you what the rest of the areas looked like but I am in section 123 and use 2 different bathrooms. 1 at 120ish and another about 127ish. I used them both yesterday. Neither were that bad. I get where the flow is coming from but it really wasn't that bad. It wasn't "muddy" water coming up. It seriously looked like a clean pipe burst. In the concourse right outside 123 it wasn't bad. There was a streaming trickle that you could walk into, trust me, many people did, without getting your feet wet. It wasn't deep enough to crest over the rubber on your sneakers.

As far as any other spot in the stadium, I couldn't tell you. But this wasn't bad.

I would love a Dome. Could host the Final 4, Super Bowl (hotel room #'s depending) etc. Use it year round for concerts, monster truck stuff, circus, WWF or WWE (I don't got to most of these things, but tons of people do). If they are going to spend taxpayer money (I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but if they do), at least spend it on something that can be used year round, employ workers year round, and be a benefit to the area year round.

I would love a Dome. Could host the Final 4, Super Bowl (hotel room #'s depending) etc. Use it year round for concerts, monster truck stuff, circus, WWF or WWE (I don't got to most of these things, but tons of people do). If they are going to spend taxpayer money (I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but if they do), at least spend it on something that can be used year round, employ workers year round, and be a benefit to the area year round.

id agree with this. Personally I don't want the Bills playing indoors. We're a blue collar, cold weather city and we have the reputation of living our lives this way. We need to keep that up. A new stadium with a retractable roof that would cover the fans but leave the field of play under the elements would be the best option IMO.

id agree with this. Personally I don't want the Bills playing indoors. We're a blue collar, cold weather city and we have the reputation of living our lives this way. We need to keep that up. A new stadium with a retractable roof that would cover the fans but leave the field of play under the elements would be the best option IMO.

The whole blue-collar thing died long ago. And most Bills fans don't want to sit in the cold and rain anymore. And our so-called cold weather advantage is a myth too. Don't waste $200-300 million on a something that gets used twice a year. Build a permanent dome.

PTR

The whole blue-collar thing died long ago. And most Bills fans don't want to sit in the cold and rain anymore. And our so-called cold weather advantage is a myth too. Don't waste $200-300 million on a something that gets used twice a year. Build a permanent dome.

PTR

if we built a Dallas type of stadium, or even a Seahawks type of stadium it would cover the fans from the rain/snow and that alone would keep things warmer.

if we built a Dallas type of stadium, or even a Seahawks type of stadium it would cover the fans from the rain/snow and that alone would keep things warmer.

But then you can't host year-round events. Has to be a dome.

People bring up hosting a Super Bowl. That is a long shot. But here is a list of things you could have in a Buffalo domed stadium:

1) Bills games

2) UB games

3) NCAA basketball tournament (which the FNC already gets)

4) NCAA frozen four

5) college bowl game (revive the International Bowl?)

6) annual Sabres/Leafs game

7) Monster trucks!!!

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

People bring up hosting a Super Bowl. That is a long shot. But here is a list of things you could have in a Buffalo domed stadium:

1) Bills games

2) UB games

4) NCAA frozen four

7) Monster trucks!!!

PTR

you can have all of that here with or without a dome. The Arena hosts NCAA events as it is every few years. I've never seen monster trucks there but I'm sure they do it. Um.... Sabres and Leads definitely play there. There is really no reason why we could t build a retractable domed stadium or an open stadium and still take advantage of all that. Hell, pretty sure Syracuse and WVU played in the snow last year in NY for a game.

Today might have been one of the most disgusting things I have experienced as a Bills fan, and that is saying a lot considering they make us pee in troths. The restrooms and plumbing were out for the entire tunnel end zone and Bills sideline in the lower bowl. The Bills closed all restrooms between sections 120 and 140 and the entire concourse was an inch deep in raw sewage. Those poor girls wearing flip flops, it was a public safety nightmare. I was waiting for a Niagara Falls of filth to start working its way down the aisle stairs. But the absolute worst part, the horrible terrible part of this story... I didn't drink a beer the entire game as I didn't want to travel through the **** storm to the other side of the stadium to take a piss.

Who wears flip flops to a football game?

I don't know who's to blame, if anyone, or whether it was clean water or not. From what I seen (section 132) it didn't "look" too bad, but it was vile to say the least. Walked into the bathrrom, there was about 3 inches of this stuff on the floor, compared to about an inch or so in the concourse. I left the can when it started to seep through my sneaker. All in all, bottom line is that the stadium only has to be ready for 7 real home games a year and it wasn't. I was pretty sure the health department was going to shut it down, but they didn't.

I think the real question is, assuming it was just an unforeseeable problem, will the Bills (currently 22 minion under the cap which equals an extra 22 mil in RW's pocket) do anything to give back to the fans. Even a simple gesture like a $10 rebate- ticket was over $100, or something off an upcoming game.

It would be be a good guesture to say, hey we're sorry for the digusting inconvenience.

My guess- nothing will be done, we will be told to suck it up and we should be thanking them for keeping the team here.

btw I would guess about 15- 20 thousand fans effected. Half probably do not have there stub. So you are looking at total cost to RW and the bills of about $100,00 to $150,000. An alturnative that all the fans would perfer is to make Jarius Byrd clean it up. Since he is an employee and cannot perform the task he is paid to do, perhaps a job reassignment would be in order.

We could only dream, but I think that would heal his feet very quickly, and he would be back to "100%".

I don't know who's to blame, if anyone, or whether it was clean water or not. From what I seen (section 132) it didn't "look" too bad, but it was vile to say the least. Walked into the bathrrom, there was about 3 inches of this stuff on the floor, compared to about an inch or so in the concourse. I left the can when it started to seep through my sneaker. All in all, bottom line is that the stadium only has to be ready for 7 real home games a year and it wasn't. I was pretty sure the health department was going to shut it down, but they didn't.

I think the real question is, assuming it was just an unforeseeable problem, will the Bills (currently 22 minion under the cap which equals an extra 22 mil in RW's pocket) do anything to give back to the fans. Even a simple gesture like a $10 rebate- ticket was over $100, or something off an upcoming game.

It would be be a good guesture to say, hey we're sorry for the digusting inconvenience.

My guess- nothing will be done, we will be told to suck it up and we should be thanking them for keeping the team here.

btw I would guess about 15- 20 thousand fans effected. Half probably do not have there stub. So you are looking at total cost to RW and the bills of about $100,00 to $150,000. An alturnative that all the fans would perfer is to make Jarius Byrd clean it up. Since he is an employee and cannot perform the task he is paid to do, perhaps a job reassignment would be in order.

We could only dream, but I think that would heal his feet very quickly, and he would be back to "100%".

plenty of lawyers on this site...class action lawsuit? i would think the physical and mental anguish is worth more than 10 bucks a head. get everyone checked for hepatitis a and e coli and you've got a bonanza. at least a few of the women in flip flops will have an e coli urinary tract infection, game related or not. could bring a $h#tload of money. just kidding.... but they really should get proactive on this one. free tickets to a preseason game next year at least for affected fans.

I woke up this morning... Still going strong today, I may just survive this incident of wet feet...

And to pile onto mrags... I had flip flops on and if I walked carefully, it wouldn't have crested my flip flops... I walked from 132-127...

see. Cletus had flippy floppies and he wouldn't have gotten wet if he was a pussyfoot about it.

Would you tear down your home if you had a broken sewer line? No, you'ld get it fixed!!! Until the Bills can come up with a plan where the NYS tax payers aren't footing the bill for a new stadium.. Then you make repairs as needed...

Agree with you don't tear down the house if there is a repair needed you fix it. On the taxpayer thing, we paid for we paid for new "houses" for the Knicks, Nets, Yankees, Mets and tried like hell to for the Jets. So as long as Albany is going to fit a big hunk of the bill let em.

Raw sewage is nothing. Anyone who has ever been to Iraq or Afghanistan knows... raw sewage running down the street or over flowing is a DAILY occurrence. One day in one part of the stadium does not mean we have to spend one billion dollars one new stadium. High strength chlorine for the floors, a new lift station, new pipes, and a grinder pump will fix the entire problem. $250-500K max.

The acidity of the chlorine will make those bathroom cleaner than they ever were.

1) Bills games

2) UB games

4) NCAA frozen four

7) Monster trucks!!!

PTR

Or a national political party convention!

Raw sewage is nothing. Anyone who has ever been to Iraq or Afghanistan knows... raw sewage running down the street or over flowing is a DAILY occurrence. One day in one part of the stadium does not mean we have to spend one billion dollars one new stadium. High strength chlorine for the floors, a new lift station, new pipes, and a grinder pump will fix the entire problem. $250-500K max.

The acidity of the chlorine will make those bathroom cleaner than they ever were.

Or a national political party convention!

I was with you until the "acidity of the chlorine" thing.

I've been to about half the NFL stadium's and seriously the Ralph is pretty good as far as seats and view go.

There isn't a bad seat in the house.

The lack of amenities and the poo rivers are the real problem but I don't really see Buffalonians asking for cushy seats and fancy decorations in the hallways.

Location is the biggest problem with the Ralph.

And the location has not impacted sell out crowds for years and years! I go the game to see the game ... I go to the game to be amongst the 12th man crowd ... I don't go to the game to be warm on cold days or cooled down on hot ones ... I want the players to play in the weather conditions that give us an edge ... I too have been to quite a few stadiums and I would rather be at THE RALPH on any Sunday afternoon rather than anywhere else on the planet (Thankfully, I missed the river of sewage yesterday but my brother who brought my niece with him said nothing about it spoiling a great win.). So, GO BILLS!!! Don't waste taxpayer dollars on a fancy schmancy stadium that isn't needed!

I was standing in that human waste when it happened yesterday. So Gross!! unless you were there you can't talk about how Bills fans have become pansies. I only come in for a game or 2 per season. I had spend about 30 mins walking around the stadium to get food and restroom. The open areas were packed. It was a joke there yesterday.

HAHAHAHA... yup there's the answer get the ambulance chasing lawyer file a class action claim. Take out the court cost's and MAYBE you'll get a free pair of flip flops, not just any but official Buffalo Bills flip flops.

1) Bills games

2) UB games

4) NCAA frozen four

7) Monster trucks!!!

PTR

Football stadiums are honestly a waste of money. There just aren't enough events that warrant a venue that big to justify it. 8 football games per year. Basketball games, concerts, hockey all typically use smaller venues. How often could you really book the thing? I think you'd be doing well to get 15-20 events per year, out of 365. Compare to a basketball/hockey sized stadium where you might have well over 100 events. And a new domed football stadium costs much more, so I say that it's not really worth it.

Edited by vincec

I woke up this morning... Still going strong today, I may just survive this incident of wet feet...

And to pile onto mrags... I had flip flops on and if I walked carefully, it wouldn't have crested my flip flops... I walked from 132-127...

I used one of the rooms before it was shut down. Deck shoes were soaked. Sprayed them with Lysol several times this morning, showered, seems like I will survive as well.

I used one of the rooms before it was shut down. Deck shoes were soaked. Sprayed them with Lysol several times this morning, showered, seems like I will survive as well.

Oh you wont notice the effects. Its a sneaky devil that bacteria.

till its too late.

nasty s*** is sh**.

Why are people wearing flip flops and deck shoes ? One is for the beach and the other for the boat. Geez people. Jungle boots forthe Ralph.....

Edited by 3rdand12

But who actually takes a dump at a Bills game?

I've actually found that RWS is a decent place to lay some logs. I've tested the stalls at most stadiums I've visited and I suspect that RWS is in the top 10 in the NFL in this particular category. I've found Lambeau to be another great place to drop a deuce. Arrowhead is also good, following the recent stadium upgrades. Looking forward to killing some time in the can at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa later this season.

i can't tell you what the rest of the areas looked like but I am in section 123 and use 2 different bathrooms. 1 at 120ish and another about 127ish. I used them both yesterday. Neither were that bad. I get where the flow is coming from but it really wasn't that bad. It wasn't "muddy" water coming up. It seriously looked like a clean pipe burst. In the concourse right outside 123 it wasn't bad. There was a streaming trickle that you could walk into, trust me, many people did, without getting your feet wet. It wasn't deep enough to crest over the rubber on your sneakers.

As far as any other spot in the stadium, I couldn't tell you. But this wasn't bad.

I don't remember where I was walking through but went to a bathroom in the affected area. Two security guards indiocated that it was clean water and not to be worried. Whether or not I believe that, and what else eventually got mixed with said water, is besides the point. It was maybe 2 inches deep in the bathroom and 1 in the concourse. This was right at the end of halftime. Only plus was that I was able to urinate and be back to my seat before the half ended which never would have happened otherwise.

Water main breaks are hardly a reason for a new stadium.

Dome schmome. Those things have limited half-lives; the superdome is the only one to have lasted more than 30yr as an NFL venue. The Ralph is still young by any other credible standard; college football and European soccer venues have "life cycles" of centuries, not half-decades. Replace the upper decks, widen the concourses but save the lower bowl indefinitely.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk