Jets or Pats* on TNF - can't decide

YoloinOhio

Reasons I want Pats* to win - will help me justify in my feeble mind our recent loss that they are still really good, will decrease Geno's confidence going into week 3 when we play them, entertaining post-game presser with Rex

Reasons I wants Jets to win - I hate Brady and Bellicheat, gives Pats* a division loss which I think Jets will end up with more of in the end, Geno will be hyped incessantly if he goes into Week 3 unbeaten, meaning he will maybe, possibly fall flat on his face against Buffalo

What say you?

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope both teams look like crap and the game ends in a 3-3 tie.

2-2 tie. And both quarterbacks end up on IR for the season.

I'd root for the Jets over the Pats, as my feelings towards the Jets tend more towards "pity" than "pure, blinding hatred".

Pats*, though it kills me to say so.

the Bills are not going to finish ahead of the Pats* this season. But the Bills have a shot at finishing ahead of the Jets. If the Bills win and Jets lose, they are both 1-1 and both with one conference loss. If the Jets win it makes them 2-0 with no conference losses which puts the Bills playing catch-up very early in the season.

Pats*, though it kills me to say so.

the Bills are not going to finish ahead of the Pats* this season. But the Bills have a shot at finishing ahead of the Jets. If the Bills win and Jets lose, they are both 1-1 and both with one conference loss. If the Jets win it makes them 2-0 with no conference losses which puts the Bills playing catch-up very early in the season.

This makes sense... I'll root for the Pats* and then take a shower.

I'll root for the Jets. The Patriots game is in the rear-view mirror. The damage is done. I'll be thrilled if it's proven that NE are indeed "eroding" (albeit slowly). It will be hugely beneficial for us... for Geno and the Jets nation to be supremely overconfident heading in to week #3.

Kills me to say it but the Pats.

I would hate to see all the articles saying that the Bills should have taken Smith over EJ if the Jets beat the Pats.

CBF

I simply cannot stand Geno's attitude. I know he technically graded out higher than EJ before the draft but something about him make me think he is not a franchise QB.

My thoughts go two ways. One part of me says Jets because a Bills win and Miami loss would mean all teams in the AFC East are 1-1. It's a clean slate for everyone to a degree. The other part of me believes pretty strongly that the Patriots are winning the division no matter what. As such, I want them to win as many games in the division against the Jets and Dolphins as possible to enhance Buffalo's chances of a wildcard. I guess at the end of the day, it's a win-win situation.

I simply cannot stand Geno's attitude. I know he technically graded out higher than EJ before the draft but something about him make me think he is not a franchise QB.

I agree. Did you see when the cameras show him after they won the game? He was standing on the bench with his arms stretched out like he was God's gift to the team.

Can't stand him

CBF

I agree. Did you see when the cameras show him after they won the game? He was standing on the bench with his arms stretched out like he was God's gift to the team.

Can't stand him

CBF

Yes, yes I did. Made me want to puke but then I remembered he is the Jets problem and felt better.

i cant stand to look at his ugly face. he's actually pretty ugly. ej manuel is handsome, LIKE ME. (and to cover all bases, so is my hot wife; which is true anyway; no, you guys get no pictures)

Gotta go with the Jets. The Pats losing to the Geno led Jets would send this division into chaos.

From the looks of things, if the Pats can't get their offensive skill positions on a steady foot, Brady is either going to throw many more interceptions this year or possibly get hurt waiting on someone to get open game after game.

My thoughts go two ways. One part of me says Jets because a Bills win and Miami loss would mean all teams in the AFC East are 1-1. It's a clean slate for everyone to a degree. The other part of me believes pretty strongly that the Patriots are winning the division no matter what. As such, I want them to win as many games in the division against the Jets and Dolphins as possible to enhance Buffalo's chances of a wildcard. I guess at the end of the day, it's a win-win situation.

I know this is hard to believe, but the Jets won last week so another win makes them 2-0.

Now, IF the Jets are the 2-0 team, the Bills can knock them down when they play next.

Edited by BobChalmers