(Update) Jim Leonard back in Buffalo

RayFinkle

Just for fun:

So, we trust DRock and MattSabuda more then Sal? :lol:

Quick, back pedal!

Oh, ok, Mke Sabuda must know something, he was an intern once.

So did Damond break the story before even the bills or Leonard knew? Impressive.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did bring him in for a look a couple of months back too, right?

I thought that was last year. He gimped in with his knee wrapped up rehabbing his torn patellar tendon, didn't get the offer he wanted, and moved on to Denver where he signed for a year and played, I think, 1 game. He didn't last out the season in 2010 and 2011 with the Jets.

Uncertain if it would make sense or not, other than in the "we need 2 more bodies" context

Some of you guys are just bi polar. When we release players and they do good on other teams, you say why did we ever let them walk. But when they come back you say, they better be coming back as a coach.

Leonard can still play and how could you not want Leonard over Aaron Williams and Duke Williams and any other safety we have besides Byrd?

I swear, some of you Bills fans man...

Some of you guys are just bi polar. When we release players and they do good on other teams, you say why did we ever let them walk. But when they come back you say, they better be coming back as a coach.

Leonard can still play and how could you not want Leonard over Aaron Williams and Duke Williams and any other safety we have besides Byrd?

I swear, some of you Bills fans man...

While I totally agree with you, when did we give up on A.Williams the safety??

Definitely didn't say nor do I think to "give up" on A. Williams. Just that Leonard coming on the team, with knowledge of Pettine's style of defense, having been in the league for more than a couple of months and actually being a pretty decent safety, people still look for a reason to bash him. THAT to me is what's getting out of hand on TBD.

I'm not saying we should all be celebrating like how we did the signing of Mario, but if Leonard signs, how is that a bad thing?

+1

I'm totally fine with this move, if its true. An experienced, well-liked secondary player who already knows the system and can also chip in on special teams? Sign him up.

yep

Im ok with this signing. They might have to move A. Williams to CB if needed. This gives them more depth.

Never a huge fan of Leonard's physical ability, but can't deny his QB role in Pettine's schemes. He was always Johnnie on the spot when he had a quality seven in front of him. Let's hope that the DL can deliver this year, which hasn't been discussed a lot lately given the troubles in the other spots.

I think that happened when Gilmore went down and they saw what the other corners on the roster could do. But I could be wrong.

Commentary on this thread has set a record for know-nothing "insight."

Who in their right mind would further weaken the safety position by taking the one guy who's been doing relatively well (A. Williams) and move him to corner where he has established beyond a doubt that he sucks and then call that an improvement and "adding depth."?

And those who disparage adding Jim Leonhard as some sort of dumb move, do you have a suggestion for someone better at this point? The guy is respected as one of the smarter defensive players in the league, is familiar with Pettine's system, supposedly is in about as good shape as can be expected at his age, and, oh yeah, he was available and willing to sign with Buffalo. What I think his main job is going to be is mentor/coach to a young secondary. I do not for a minute expect him to be a starter or to play a whole lot of minutes or to add to special teams. But for not much money, the Bills have gained a whole lot of intelligence and experience.

When you (and you, and you) carp and B word about dumb moves by the FO, you do realize, don't you, that this is the same FO you were feeling so good about in other actions. It comes down to this: if you trust Brandon, Whaley, Marrone, Pettine, et al, then cut them some slack on the Leonhard signing. You know, it's just possible they know more than you do.