Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

There is just no way to put a positive spin on this -- DB was our weakest position, and that was with Gilmore in the mix. These boys on the roster better grow up, and quickly.

We also get to see just how good of a game planner and schemer Mike Pettine is, right off the bat.

Get your bets in on the "over" for Bills-Pats* week one.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any vet FAs available waiting for the injury bug to hit someone?

heck, even a mcgee if remotely healthy might be a good september option over that rag tag crew. we have the space even if its not efficient spending.

Well...If we're going to stick with ex-Bills I think Nate Clements is still available... B-)

I remember on the play where him and someone else (I think Aaron Williams) collided to make a tackle, thinking to myself damn, I'm surprised Gilmore's hand is fine cuz it looked like a hard hit... (if of course that's the play he got injured on)...

Oh and another note, the season's freakin over... Whatever little excitement I had going into the season is completely gone and I will not be purchasing tickets to watch a game at The Ralph for the 1st time in 11 years...

I think Whaley will be scouring the waiver wire for a CB over the next couple days. I wonder who might become available.

The waiver wire will be better after the last cutdown...Expect the Bills to sign a CB, maybe two then...If you're the last DB kept by the Bills this year you better keep your bags packed... B-)

Out 6-8 weeks, with 2 weeks remaining before the first game. Tha means he will miss 4-6 games. Really disappointing, but a lot of you are talking like he's out for the season. He'll be back in early October.

Step back from the ledge.

Edited by Harryhood280

Out 6-8 weeks, with 2 weeks remaining before the first game. Tha means he will miss 4-6 games. Really disappointing, but a lot of you are talking like he's out for the season. He'll be back in early October.

Doesn't the Bills' season usually end in Oct?

I laughed when I read the news.

Things can't get any worse, can they?

You've gotta be kidding...

We lose our best CB for 6 regular season games at the most, and may be in danger of not having our starting QB for 1 week, and you bust out this fate-tempting remark?

:death:

You've gotta be kidding...

We lose our best CB for 6 regular season games at the most, and may be in danger of not having our starting QB for 1 week, and you bust out this fate-tempting remark?

:death:

Yeah, I kind of regretted posting it, because things could have been a lot worse (e.g., Spiller), and now I went and jinxed everything.

But, this is a sky is falling kind of day; we have absolutely no one behind Gilmore. The thought of McKelvin being our #2CB had be shuddering....and now? We could be 0-6.

I am working on something. Something I hope Pettine knows about. A 33 stack defense putting three safeties on the field - Bryan Scott, Duke Williams, and jairus byrd. It can be Searcy instead of Scott. Williams back at cb. And with many Lawson stacked over to cover.

This would be primarily a zone scheme. Carrington would get snaps with kwilliams at sde while McWilliams makes wde Dareus in the middle Alonso adjusted to weoght

Wow this could mean we'll see the return of Aaron Williams to outside corner, and keep Brooks in the slot?

id say unlikely, though in 3 safety sets and even in base defense you will likely still see him in coverage similar to a corner at times regardless of gilmore.

Sad to hear. One of the things I was really looking forward to this year was watching Gilmore's progression from year 1 to year 2. I love watching Corners play man-to-man, In the Skin's preseason game, one play Gilmore was in Aldrick Robinson hip pocket on a comeback route, you could tell Gilmore was anticipating which what route was coming based on his early break, I assumed he knew this by watching the QB's drop + he had help over the top anyway Gilmore' drops what should have been a sure INT. But to me the play spoke to the promise and all the rave reviews Gimore has been getting in camp.

Wow this could mean we'll see the return of Aaron Williams to outside corner, and keep Brooks in the slot?

I honestly think it's more likely to see Duke Williams get time at CB than Aaron...If Aaron is moved now you're screwing up 2 positions...I'm sure AW be an emergency CB though...But I'm kind of hoping that's as close to CB he gets... B-)

Completely agree!

I honestly think it's more likely to see Duke Williams get time at CB than Aaron...If Aaron is moved now you're screwing up 2 positions...I'm sure AW be an emergency CB though...But I'm kind of hoping that's as close to CB he gets... B-)

@buffalobills

Marrone on Gilmore & why no short-term IR: "We believe he'll be back sooner than 8 weeks." Don't want to miss game action if he's healthy.

It def sucks but hopefully whoever fills in will be better for it and the team will be better in the long run...

At least its not lower body injury. ACL or something.

I'm more hopeful that we can finish this season strong as opposed to starting hot and then coming back down to earth. This isn't a playoff team yet anyway no matter how optimistic you are.