Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to see those stats and hear your argument because the Bills pass defense got roasted over the last 8 games.....

Roasted?

Game 9 at NWE

23-38-237-2-0 (QBR: 96.1)

Game 10 v MIA

14-28-141-1-2 (QBR: 46.9)

Game 11 at IND

20-37-240-1-1 (QBR: 71.9)

Game 12 v JAX

19-42-202-1-1 (QBR: 57.8)

Game 13 v STL

19-39-209-1-1 (QBR: 62.9)

Game 14 v SEA

14-23-205-1-0 (QBR: 104.4)

Game 15 at MIA

13-25-130-2-0 (QBR: 93.8)

Game 16 v NYJ

17-35-205-0-1 (QBR: 55.1)

Last 8 games:

139-267-1569-9-6 (QBR: 71.8)

Edited by Dibs

Are their any teams in the league right now who have a similar situation like we do with WR's only with CB's?

CBF

Supposedly according to Peter King, Seattle and Cincy have the deepest rosters and will need to end up releasing good talent... not sure if it is specific to DBs.

Outside of losing Manuel I'm not sure there was a single player the Bills could least afford to lose for any stretch of time...Just lost our top player from arguably the position of least depth...This is about as bad as news can get outside of Gilmore being gone for the season...

I understand injuries happen all over the NFL...But good grief this team is due for a break and they continuously get none...I'm shaking my head and staring into space right now...I can't believe the luck of this team...If it was not for bad, they would have none at all... :(

Not for nothing, the best player on our defense was injured by the backup safety, who was out of position and launched himself into Gilmore while trying to make a stop. That backup safety is playing because the Bills decided to play financial hardball with the starter, who happens to be the second-best player on the defense.

Yes some franchises are unlucky, but some franchises create their own bad luck.

Oh no, that was PLENTY of nothing. Perhaps the worst game of connect the dots since Tim Graham invented the concept. Well done.

GO BILLS!!!

Way to make my ignore list! Good Job! BTW I just want to quote some one else's signature on here "after Tuesday the rest of the week goes WTF" (it's either Beerball or Just Jack, I think). And BTW Byrd is the first best player on the D with Mario 2nd, right now IMO. Gilmore did great for a rookie (and yeah, damn doom and gloom, we will miss him) but still has to be a distant 3rd.

I'll admit it was a stretch. Just venting a bit. But it does seem like the Bills have a disproportionate number of these things each year. (I'm surprised I made it this long without being ignored by you, quite frankly. Not that I really give a crap.)

http://www.nfl.com/n...out-eight-weeks

Our best young player on offense (EJ) is hurt. Now our best young player on defense is hurt.

Not an auspicious beginning to the 2013 season.

Greg Rosenthal of NFL.com writes:

"It's a crushing blow for new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. The former New York Jets coordinator was going to count on Gilmore to cover the opposing team's best receiver, like Antonio Cromartie and Darrelle Revis once did in New York. This injury will limit Pettine's creativity and force a rough-looking starting cornerback group to start the season."

Edited by hondo in seattle

I'll admit it was a stretch. Just venting a bit. But it does seem like the Bills have a disproportionate number of these things each year. (I'm surprised I made it this long without being ignored by you, quite frankly. Not that I really give a crap.)

Actually Coach, I find that the Bills have been pretty lucky by comparison. As of now, the team has lost Gilmore for the first 4-6 weeks of the regular season...and...that's pretty much it. It's being reported that EJ is "on track" for week 1, so if we escape the pre-season with Gilmore as the only casualty (knock on wood), and it's only for 4-6 regular season games, I'll feel pretty good about that.

Contrast it with the #s around the league, and it's not so bad. I mean, I look at Philly losing 3 starters for the season, New Orleans losing their top 2 pass rushers, etc., and I don't feel so bad.

At least Pettine is familiar with losing his #1 corner to injury.... and can adapt.. hopefully....

I'd feel better about that if we had a Cromartie at #2 CB, his Jet LBs, and safeties.

GO BILLS!!!

Actually Coach, I find that the Bills have been pretty lucky by comparison. As of now, the team has lost Gilmore for the first 4-6 weeks of the regular season...and...that's pretty much it. It's being reported that EJ is "on track" for week 1, so if we escape the pre-season with Gilmore as the only casualty (knock on wood), and it's only for 4-6 regular season games, I'll feel pretty good about that.

Contrast it with the #s around the league, and it's not so bad. I mean, I look at Philly losing 3 starters for the season, New Orleans losing their top 2 pass rushers, etc., and I don't feel so bad.

I think it feels worse around here because of the overall youth and lack of depth, especially at the position. I agree though - we got very lucky with EJ and CJ on some potential stuff in the PSA and compared to other teams, have really been rather lucky on the surface (knocking on wood).

I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.

Can Julie Andrews play CB?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

oh jeez, now mckelvin is our #1 corner. based on what I saw against washington, that is some terrible news

It is what it is.

McLoving better earn that paycheck is all I'm saying.

Who the # 2 CB is anybodys guess right now.... do they move Arron Williams back to CB?... oh wait hes a safety now...

Jesus Christ. Look for Aaron Williams to leave the safety position now

Uhh that's not happening. Williams will be starting at SS against New England, you can take that to the bank. McKelvin, Brooks, Butler, Rogers and maybe even Robey. Someone's gonna have to step up big time.

I'd feel better about that if we had a Cromartie at #2 CB, his Jet LBs, and safeties.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll take Byrd over his FS. LBs were decent. Cromartie, yessir.

LOL. Problem is they didn't adapt. They were 2-1 with Revis and 4-9 the rest of the season after Revis went out.

They also royally sucked on offense. But I know.

I wonder if Winfield makes the roster in Seattle.... he signed there in the offseason but they are one of the few teams with solid depth at corner. I know he is at the end of his career, but that guy can tackle. Always liked him here. Would not mind if he was back for a few games.

Why the hell do you merge threads like this? Sure it's talking about Gilmore's injury but some posters (like myself) don't want to wade through a thread with this title when a thread titled "Gilmore out 6-8 weeks" is a much better description of the current circumstances.

At least change the title of this thread.

I love this board and have been a member for over a decade but the thread merging sh*t gets annoying. It makes sense in some instances and in others it just seems like bored moderators just having nothing better to do.