Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

Just curious why I haven't seen this anywhere. I heard that he was going to have an MRI tomorrow. Still have no idea what even happened to him. Anyone have any info on this?

And why the hell are we talking about Matt Leinart as a 3rd QB taking reps in most likely the last few weeks of preseason until we're all healthy in week 1 instead of key starters that are out?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right it hasn't been talked about but I bet most of us are thinking about it. It's the most important thing that happened today.

Apparently you guys didn't get the memo.

I've been asked by our people to have you close this thread please.

Why?

Just curious why I haven't seen this anywhere. I heard that he was going to have an MRI tomorrow. Still have no idea what even happened to him. Anyone have any info on this?

And why the hell are we talking about Matt Leinart as a 3rd QB taking reps in most likely the last few weeks of preseason until we're all healthy in week 1 instead of key starters that are out?

It was the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning. If he's out for an extended period of time, it could get ugly early. Other than ej, he's our monst important player IMO. I don't really care about how we played yesterday, but the a serious injury to gilmore would cripple our defense.

Gilmore can't catch anyway so he can play with a hurt hand.

Gilmore is a big strong corner, an important part of his game is disrupting WR route before it starts. He needs his hands to do this.

I'd really like to know what is going on with Gilmore, Manuel and Kolb. We are thin at corner, losing Gilmore for an extended period of time would be bad and are we really looking at Tuel starting against New England?

It was the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning. If he's out for an extended period of time, it could get ugly early. Other than ej, he's our monst important player IMO. I don't really care about how we played yesterday, but the a serious injury to gilmore would cripple our defense.

I agree to a large extent. People forgot about him in the first two preseason games because he seemed invisible--but that's because he was blanketing his receiver and they were never throwing his way. I'm not sure I'd list him as our most important player, ex-Manuel--I think CJ, SJ and possibly Mario fill that role ahead of him, but he's darn close and we've really got no one behind him. I'll feel a whole lot better if someone can tell us soon that he won't miss any time....

I agree to a large extent. People forgot about him in the first two preseason games because he seemed invisible--but that's because he was blanketing his receiver and they were never throwing his way. I'm not sure I'd list him as our most important player, ex-Manuel--I think CJ, SJ and possibly Mario fill that role ahead of him, but he's darn close and we've really got no one behind him. I'll feel a whole lot better if someone can tell us soon that he won't miss any time....

If Gilmore is out, we don't have anyone that we can reply on at CB. Our current #2s are having difficulties covering #2-6 WRs. I could Cj being more important because he's a game breaker, but I like our depth at rb, WR and DL more so than at CB, hence why I honk he's the most important. Especially in a blitzing defense. I think our cbs would get scorched

If Gilmore is out, we don't have anyone that we can reply on at CB. Our current #2s are having difficulties covering #2-6 WRs. I could Cj being more important because he's a game breaker, but I like our depth at rb, WR and DL more so than at CB, hence why I honk he's the most important. Especially in a blitzing defense. I think our cbs would get scorched

Is it me or are the coaches ignoring Butler's play? He seems to be the 2nd best CB on the team. I think we have 1 on the cusp of elite, 1 on the potential side of solid then 3 adequate (Brooks, McKelvin and Robey)

Is it me or are the coaches ignoring Butler's play? He seems to be the 2nd best CB on the team. I think we have 1 on the cusp of elite, 1 on the potential side of solid then 3 adequate (Brooks, McKelvin and Robey)

I think Butler has looked good at times too, and wouldn't be surprised to see him get J. Rogers' roster spot. I don't think he's looked nearly good as Brooks though, who is still getting much better, essentially going into his rookie year.

C'mon, DBs don't need wrists! Just tape it up. He'll be fine; he can club down the ball if he has to!

Exactly. You don't run on your hands do you?

I think that you are vastly overestimating the talent in the secondary. I would say that the Bills have 1 average starting NFL corner (Gilmore) and the rest of the CB candidates are below average to poor.

Exactly. You don't run on your hands do you?

I think that you are vastly overestimating the talent in the secondary. I would say that the Bills have 1 average starting NFL corner (Gilmore) and the rest of the CB candidates are below average to poor.

No Gilmore is on the verge of stardom, his stats the last 8 games were almost Revis like...all camp its been reported that Gilmore had been completely shutting down whoever is across from him, and if he allowed a completion it was a perfectly thrown pass where he was in great coverage...

I will post his stats for the last 8 games of last year when I get home

He's played ok. I like him. I thinkg we're in trouble if he's our best corner.

I think Butler has looked good at times too, and wouldn't be surprised to see him get J. Rogers' roster spot. I don't think he's looked nearly good as Brooks though, who is still getting much better, essentially going into his rookie year.

Unless he turns his game up a few notches, I can't envision Rogers beating out butler. He was god awful last year. I thought he had some promise after his rookie year, but his play last year was enough for me to give up on the kid. I hope I'm wrong.

No Gilmore is on the verge of stardom, his stats the last 8 games were almost Revis like...all camp its been reported that Gilmore had been completely shutting down whoever is across from him, and if he allowed a completion it was a perfectly thrown pass where he was in great coverage...

I will post his stats for the last 8 games of last year when I get home

I'd really like to see those stats and hear your argument because the Bills pass defense got roasted over the last 8 games. It would be very surprising to find that they had a "Revis like" CB in the secondary during that time.

I'd really like to see those stats and hear your argument because the Bills pass defense got roasted over the last 8 games. It would be very surprising to find that they had a "Revis like" CB in the secondary during that time.

Revis like is a huge exaggeration. But he is looking above average. You can't look at the secondary stats, gotta look at the stats of the receivers he covered. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but from memory I don't remember him giving up that many plays

Revis like is a huge exaggeration. But he is looking above average. You can't look at the secondary stats, gotta look at the stats of the receivers he covered. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but from memory I don't remember him giving up that many plays

I do remember reading that Gilmore didnt give up a TD in his last 11 games.

That is Revis like if you ask me.

Here's a great breakdown:

http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/04/stephon-gilmore-an-elite-cornerback-lost-in-the-failings-of-the-buffalo-bills/

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo2m

Bills CB Stephon Gilmore to miss about eight weeks with a hand/wrist issue. Tough one there but hope is he only misses 5-6 games or so.

Retweeted by Mark Ludwiczak

ughghhghgh

dammit. We need a new strength and conditioning coach again. We get injured all the time!!!

that's it. no more starters playing in pre-season games unless they are rookies.