Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady enjoying a reallllly nice breakfast this morning now. ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH.

NFL.com currently available free agent cornerbacks:

Cornerback

Shawntae Spencer

Sheldon Brown

Jason Allen

Terrence McGee

Drew Coleman

Cedric Griffin

Nate Clements (FS)

Stanford Routt

Jacob Lacey

Chris Johnson

Will Allen

Patrick Lee

Antwaun Molden

Michael Coe

Justin Tryon

Brandon McDonald

Justin King

Kevin Barnes

Bruce Johnson

Travis Daniels

Coye Francies

Brian Witherspoon

Um..... so they'll probably go with someone cut from another team's camp....

The one player we could least afford to lose for an extended period and we lose him...is there a black cloud that hangs over this city?? Unbelievable

Call me doom and gloom, but this one is the worst. Do we win more than 1 of those 6 games?

Gilmore was the sole responsibility for shutting down half the field. With him gone, QB's are going to go wild.

Edited by microscopes

ONLY 5-6 games???????????? :cry:

Torrey Smith week 4....

who is available? now sure how accurate the below list is. But Spencer or Will Allen would be interesting.

http://thesidelinevi...-agents-defense

Still have some hope for Pats game. Their WR situation is a mess. Hopefully we get a TON of pressure on Brady. only way to win.

Edited by RyanC883

And the Chargers just signed Richard Marshall the other day who got cut from the Dolphins... yeah, they are going to have to pick up someone fast. Deep breaths.

Why the :censored: Whaley didn't sign him regardless of whether Gilmore gets injured or not is beyond me. Our DB's suck.

who is available? now sure how accurate the below list is. But Spencer or Will Allen would be interesting.

http://thesidelinevi...-agents-defense

Still have some hope for Pats game. Their WR situation is a mess. Hopefully we get a TON of pressure on Brady. only way to win.

They may want to consider a trade for someone decent... it is that important. Git r done, Buddy, er, Whales.

Why the :censored: Whaley didn't sign him regardless of whether Gilmore gets injured or not is beyond me. Our DB's suck.

And Marshall was within the division, seems bleeping obvious to me.

Oh no, just had a thought... hope they don't move A Williams back to corner... oh my PTSD

Revis like is a huge exaggeration. But he is looking above average. You can't look at the secondary stats, gotta look at the stats of the receivers he covered. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but from memory I don't remember him giving up that many plays

I wouldn't even go above average. At best I would say he looked good "for a rookie." Not in the same ballpark as Revis. This is gonna be ugly.

I wouldn't even go above average. At best I would say he looked good "for a rookie." Not in the same ballpark as Revis. This is gonna be ugly.

Thats because you don't know what you're talking about.

No offense.

There was a huge write up about how dominant he was the 2nd half of the season. Read it. He didn't give up a TD in his last 11 games.

What is it with this team? I know other teams deal with injuries as well, but it just doesn't seem to be at the frequency or level of the Bills. So much optimism this off season and everything seems to be coming up bull **** right now.

Not for nothing, the best player on our defense was injured by the backup safety, who was out of position and launched himself into Gilmore while trying to make a stop. That backup safety is playing because the Bills decided to play financial hardball with the starter, who happens to be the second-best player on the defense.

Yes some franchises are unlucky, but some franchises create their own bad luck.

Not for nothing, the best player on our defense was injured by the backup safety, who was out of position and launched himself into Gilmore while trying to make a stop. That backup safety is playing because the Bills decided to play financial hardball with the starter, who happens to be the second-best player on the defense.

That's something of a stretch IMO...it was happenstance. I don't think you can afford to play "butterfly effect" as a GM.

What is it with this team? I know other teams deal with injuries as well, but it just doesn't seem to be at the frequency or level of the Bills. So much optimism this off season and everything seems to be coming up bull **** right now.

I couldn't resist. We agree!!

I think the nfl should make preseason 1-2 games of any. I HATE preseason. Because of things like this.

Tough to say the Bills are playing financial hardball when you don't know what they offered him.

They may have offered him more than he is worth and his ego is just inflated.

I see your point there, but freak injuries happen all the time and so do hardball contract negotiations. Kind of a leap to fault the FO for Gilmore's wrist.

Eagles are wondering WTF you're talking about.

I was thinking this too... also the Chargers are down to like 0 WRs who would start for another team and a starting LB out for the year with an ACL. At least we get Gilmore back and really dodged bullets recently with EJ and CJ. Just sayin'. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

How sad is it that while looking at the list of available CB's I stopped at McGee and said "might work for 5-6 games"

FML

CBF

But he could also return punts... which I am VERY hesitant about having McLovin back there now because can you imagine losing him too. Don't think McGee is good, but we are desperate.

Way to make my ignore list! Good Job! BTW I just want to quote some one else's signature on here "after Tuesday the rest of the week goes WTF" (it's either Beerball or Just Jack, I think). And BTW Byrd is the first best player on the D with Mario 2nd, right now IMO. Gilmore did great for a rookie (and yeah, damn doom and gloom, we will miss him) but still has to be a distant 3rd.