Chris Kelsay Announces retirement

mrags

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, now who do I hate on the team? Especially if Fitz isn't the starter anymore. Why don't these guys think of me when they make these decisions?

Potential top 3 future scape goats:

1 - Leodis (If he stays and actually plays corner)

2 - Fred Jackson (for taking carries away from CJ)

3 - TJ (for his stone hands and high draft pick)

Honorable Mention goes to Mark Anderson if he doesn't earn some of that money

We will win the super bowl now. If you listen to people on the board kelsay and his contract were the source of all our problems. Vegas odds of bills winning super bowl just went from 200-1 to 1-1.

I don't even know what that means.

Thanks for playing your ass off for some crappy teams, coaches, and fans, Chris.

I think he meant that now that there is legitimate news to focus on, people won't be adding to the 19 pages of "discussion" in the Nelson thread.

Favorite TBD whipping boy.

Lunch pail kind of guy who maximized his limited talent. Liked him for his attitude. Good luck in retirement, Kelsay. Thanx for the years.

. One play versus the cowboys that is all he did

Thanks for playing your ass off for some crappy teams, coaches, and fans, Chris.

Thanks for being a crappy player playing your ass off for some crappy teams, coaches, and fans, Chris!

Seriously though, best of luck and thanks for.. well... just thanks.

:o

On paper, he was a star.

Contract paper.....but paper nonetheless.

Unfortunately, the games aren't played on paper......they are played on TSW!

Blame the fans eball! You always gotta blame the fans......unless it's you running Chan Gailey out of town with your critical opinions! :thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

As much as I like him as a player/character guy (and wish him best of luck) - I am extremely happy with the FO in making cuts that are needed, no matter how well liked a guy is, you cut an overpaid player. Brad Smih is next and we should be ready for some limited FA, draft picks and then add some UDFA's. Keep up the good work Marrone and Russ. Analytics at work (a/k/a What Have You Done for me Lately)

As much as I like him as a player/character guy (and wish him best of luck) - I am extremely happy with the FO in making cuts that are needed, no matter how well liked a guy is, you cut an overpaid player. Brad Smih is next and we should be ready for some limited FA, draft picks and then add some UDFA's. Keep up the good work Marrone and Russ. Analytics at work (a/k/a What Have You Done for me Lately)

He did not get cut....he retired. To save face probably but retired none the less.

According to this site....

http://www.overtheca...e.php?Year=2013

....we would be at around the 25m mark.

Clicked on Bills and it shows all of the players. Kelsay is still on it. That puts us close to 29 million. Enough to get Byrd and Levitre back and then some. :thumbsup: Bills have room to get another big FA.

Also, with teams ahead of us picking up QBs(KC, Cardinals) in FA we could be sitting pretty come draft day.

Edited by Rockinon

He would never have played on good teams (nor made that crazy money). He won the lottery. Good for him.

Anyway, he will leave as a symbol of the mediocrity that the Bills have been for his entire tenure. Really not worthy of the passion generated for or against him.

I give kudos for the FO for allowing him to go out like this instead of just dumping him.

Clicked on Bills and it shows all of the players. Kelsay is still on it. That puts us close to 29 million. Enough to get Byrd and Levitre back and then some. :thumbsup:

No, I already factored Kelsay into my number. The number they have is 19.68m

A Fitz re-structure could save us a bit more though....

Edited by Dibs

LOL. I don't EVER recall as many "thank you god", and "baby jesus", and religious references for someone getting let go, err... "retired".

Pretty funny.

Maybe we can say, he "pulled a Kelsay", when someone retires or quits when they are about to be let go?