The team is not out of Playoff Hunt

djp14150

Given this team started 6 of 9 on the road and having to play 4 of those games against very difficult opponents on the road it was expected this team would go at best 5-4.....which they almost did. It came down to a play in each game from that vs 3-6. The expected record was 4-5.

They can easily win out the rest of the games and finish 10-6. 5 of them are home games, 2 of them are road games.

If they go 6-1 they still aren't out of it. Its quite possible the two WC teams from the AFC are 9-7 or worse.

With them losing today it will be very difficult for them to win the division. The Bills would need to have a better record than New England.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"they can EASILY win all the rest of their games"????

what are you smoking?

even if its the easiest schedule, playing against all winless teams, and you were the best team in the NFL, it would not ever be EASY to win 7 straight games in the NFL...and we dont play all winless teams, and we aren't the best team in the NFL (or even close)....

maybe you meant to say "its possible (very slightly) that they would win the rest of their games"?

Look who they are playing.....

Miami

at Indy

Jacksonville

St Louis

Seattle

at Miami

Jets

Seattle is their most difficult opponent but they still have a young QB who hasn't learned yet to win on the road.

Going into their schedule the games that were going to be an issue was at SF, at Hou, at NE, at Jets, and hosting NE. They lost a game to Tennessee that was a close one that they should have won. Just about every team in the league has a game like that.

Given this team started 6 of 9 on the road and having to play 4 of those games against very difficult opponents on the road it was expected this team would go at best 5-4.....which they almost did. It came down to a play in each game from that vs 3-6. The expected record was 4-5.

They can easily win out the rest of the games and finish 10-6. 5 of them are home games, 2 of them are road games.

If they go 6-1 they still aren't out of it. Its quite possible the two WC teams from the AFC are 9-7 or worse.

With them losing today it will be very difficult for them to win the division. The Bills would need to have a better record than New England.

They didn't, and they won't suddenly become elite in the second half of the season. We will win 3-5 more games.

Edited by ny33

They have lost 5 of the last 6 and they are going to win out?

I'm sorry, but losing is both a product on the field and a mentality. We are a losing team.

Agreed. I don't care who we play we aren't going 7-0 we aren't even going 6-1. We'll win 7 or 8 games max

The mentality here is sometimes really funny. Yes, the Bills have definitely shown they are type of team who can 'win out' with 7 games to go. Piece of cake to rip off 7 wins in a row in the NFL, especially when you have a defense as stout as Buffalo's and a QB that can never fails in the clutch like Fitz.

:doh:

Miami (0-2 last year)

at Indy (in the playoffs right now)

Jacksonville (should be a win)

St Louis (just tied the 49ers who crushed us)

Seattle (playoff team that will beat us on neutral site)

at Miami (0-2 last year)

Jets (0-1 this year, 0-2 last year)

So, what makes you believe we will win another game outside of Jax as a lock?

"they can EASILY win all the rest of their games"????

what are you smoking?

even if its the easiest schedule, playing against all winless teams, and you were the best team in the NFL, it would not ever be EASY to win 7 straight games in the NFL...and we dont play all winless teams, and we aren't the best team in the NFL (or even close)....

maybe you meant to say "its possible (very slightly) that they would win the rest of their games"?

This. They're playing at a fairly high level now but seven games in a row is very difficult. I think there is a chance but I see it being much more likely they end 8-8. I'm still holding out for a 10-6 playoff run though.

Miami-we'll see thursday, but we cant seem to compete inside the division.

at Indy- A dangerous, hot team with a win against GB

Jacksonville

St Louis- just tied SF

Seattle- in toronto. wins over GB, NE

at Miami

Jets- Spanked us in the opener

Edited by sodbuster

Its over Bud! Deal with it, stop pretending!

This. They're playing at a fairly high level now but seven games in a row is very difficult. I think there is a chance but I see it being much more likely they end 8-8. I'm still holding out for a 10-6 playoff run though.

Yea, what losing 4 of the last 5 has proven their a force. But I agree they do look like their playing high.

Miami

at Indy

Jacksonville

St Louis

Seattle

at Miami

Jets

Seattle is their most difficult opponent but they still have a young QB who hasn't learned yet to win on the road.

Going into their schedule the games that were going to be an issue was at SF, at Hou, at NE, at Jets, and hosting NE. They lost a game to Tennessee that was a close one that they should have won. Just about every team in the league has a game like that.

I think we beat Miami at home Thursday night (no idea why) and Jacksonville. Thats all folks. 5-11.

This team is going to kill Miami. They are going to take out their frustrations on NFL network and destroy the Dolphins. You could see the raw emotion on Fitz during his press conference. It will be 28-3 early in the third quarter and they will not let up. Then if they can overcome the emotion of Indy on the road they can win out. This team is so close. Just one break on defense, one pick, one sack-fumble... Just one dialed up blitz at the right moment... It all starts with destroying Miami!!!

We played our best game of the season and lost.

We will likely lose out.

They can't give Spiller 9 carries and expect to win.

9 carries was good enough for 31 points...

Would you rather run against Wilfork and Mayo or pass against their horrible secondary???

Even the Jags game isn't a lock...something happens to Fitz or Spiller its an easy loss.. 3-13 is possible, tho more like 4-12

You guys need to remember who is the Bills DC :sick:

We played our best game of the season and lost.

We will likely lose out.

They can't give Spiller 9 carries and expect to win.

That does boggle the mind...

The Patriots fans are sure happy Spiller only got 9 carries, 4 pass receptions... how can a head coach be so stupid :doh:

I'll politely beg to differ. The Bills haven't proven they can beat teams that they shouldn't. Until they get more consistently competitive, they will not make the playoffs.

Holy crap, you are right! Way to keep things in perspective. Look at that, we really can to someting here.

Seattle may be a challenge, but I actually think we match up well with them. Believe it or not, I am banking on winning out.

I saw four or five penalties on that opening drive that didn't show good coaching. Here are four replacements who wouldn't let that happen: http://buffalowdown.com/2012/11/08/buffalo-bills-need-a-change-at-head-coach/

I've been calling this since Week 1.

The Bills will win 6 of their last 7.

They will finish 9-7, just barely missing the playoffs... yet taking themselves out of the chance to draft one of top 3-4 QBs.

Don't be surprised if they wait until the Jets in Week 17 - with playoffs on the line - to blow it either.

They will not make the playoffs but they wouldn't be the Bills if they didn't make a run and fall just short. That way the fans could look back at the Titans and Pats games and say "if only". The Bills will then have a half decent record and a resulting 8-15 slot in the draft. Make no mistake, the Bills will find a way to frustrate their die hards. Sadly, I am one of them.

The Dolphins started strong, but I think they are starting to show their immaturity. Make no mistake, they are good and will be good soon, but this is not their year. The Bengals and Chargers could be competition for us, but their play has been just as inconsistent so I don't see them as a legitimate threat.

The only teams I'm seeing as wild card competition are the Colts and Steelers. Both teams have a much harder schedule ahead of them than us: Colts get @New England, @Detroit, and both of their Houston games; Steelers still have both of their Ravens games and @Dallas (they look better than their record implies).

The young Colts especially look poised to lose 4 games not including us. We still need to beat them, though, so say Indy beats one of the above and loses to us. They go 9-7. This means that even if we go 6-1 and end 9-7, we still get in with the tiebreaker. The Steelers are more likely to get to 10-6 or better.

I have to disagee we will have to beat the Steelers out fod a wild card spot and thats not going to happen.

I have to disagee we will have to beat the Steelers out fod a wild card spot and thats not going to happen.

The Steelers are a lock for the 1st WC. We are competing with Indy, Cinci, Tenn, SD Miami and NYJ for the last WC. The Bills have by far the easiest remaining schedule. I wouldn't bet on it happening, but if they can manage to win out, they WILL make the playoffs. I'll be watching and praying that they do. Edited by Smiley Dear