anyone else numb to all this?

I have gotten to a point with this franchise that I'm completely numb to all of it. I watched the game yesterday and all.I could do was laugh at the abysmal performance and utter dysfunction of the franchise. I wasn't at the edge of.my seat or worried about a thing.....just numb....anyone else feel the same way? Think I will start spending my Sundays raking leaves and fishing salmon and Steelhead!!!!

I was at a family event yesterday late afternoon and had to DVR the game. Of course the Pats/Denver game was on in the background and i couldn't resist peeking at the Bills score every once in a while. Seemed like we were hanging in there and then it blew up. I had every intention of watching the recording of the Bills game late. I skipped it. At 45-3 this is the first Bills game i voluntarily won't watch any part of. It's disappointing, upsetting, and depressing. Listening to the national shows this is really an embarrassment to the whole city. I'm approaching the "numb" phase but still pretty depressed-angry about all this.

I start fall Sundays with the best of intentions regarding watching the Bills. One or two series into the game and all I can think about is that I've "watched this same game a hundred times in the past twelve years." The Bills aren't worth my time any more...and I'm retired, so my time ain't worth too much!

For sure, don't put a nickel into the stadium re-do until there is a real reason to do so. If the intent is to create a really big flea market venue, fine, go ahead with the reno's; if the intent is to house an NFL team, don't spend a dime until Buffalo has a true NFL team.

I have been wacthing them since 1964, I was just a kid then.

I went to the season opener versus KC, i will not attend a second game. Had fun but I am starting to tire off the drunks and the rowdies and the poor facility. It is really bad at the Ralph.

Since I am out of town I watch them at a Sports Bar with other BillsBackers. Yesterday I was offered Cardinal Playoff ticket and passed on the Bills. that woudl have never happened before. I feel no hope to even win six games this season.

I am numb to them at this point. Things will not change until the following happens:

1 -- hire a talented Football Executive to lead the way,

2 - bring in a legitiimate coaching staff, and

3 - draft a top NFL QB.

We just went through yet another regime change and three years later we are no better off than before.

I was into the game in the first half until the bonehead decision to try to make something of the 'excellent' starting field position of their own 17 after recovering the 49ers fumble with less than a minute left in the half. Down by one score and knowing your teams struggles lately most coaches would opt to run out the clock and go into halftime down one score knowing you get the ball first in the 2nd half. Not our coach, he's 'going for it'. I'm pretty sure we were all thinking the same thing was going to happen and right on script the Bills cough up the ball right back. Now you go into halftime down 17-3 and the game is for all intents and purposes over.

Simply pathetic and inexcusable game management and situational awareness by the HC.

well, i have been a fan since their inception, my family's sundays are, and were , always built around the bills. in the days in the sixties when they played on thanksgiving, up to recent thanksgiving games, the meal was structured around the game. in essence what i am trying to say is through thick and thin(mostly thin) i have stood by them , but i think i have reached my breaking point. i live out of town and yesterday for the first time i did not go where i usually go to watch the game, a real first for me, i have the "RED ZONE" and figured i could see enough of the game. i think i may made a wise decision, but in addition to being numb, i feel empty and that is a sad commentary on me.. to allow a team to affect me that way..

Edited by dwight in philly

After Bills-Patriots, I punched a wall and broke my hand. Incredibly stupid reaction. Since then, I've been trying to just resign myself to my fate as a Bills fan (living in Boston) and not let it get to me anymore. It's not easy, but I managed not to lash out in anger yesterday, so I think that might be numbness setting in.

It's hard for me to comprehend the fact that for the first time in my adult life as a Bills fan, in week SIX I have already decided I won't make plans around the game. So disgusted by the effort the last two weeks it's making me realize how much of my life I've wasted following this cursed franchise.

I too am indifferent this year. Im not sure if its the culture of it all (millionaires just out there doing a job) or all the losing, but the past few games have been on in the background without much attention being paid. I used to think, if they ever move Sundays will be horrible. Thats not true, and im actually enjoying not devoting 1/2 my weekend to football.

I have gotten to a point with this franchise that I'm completely numb to all of it. I watched the game yesterday and all.I could do was laugh at the abysmal performance and utter dysfunction of the franchise. I wasn't at the edge of.my seat or worried about a thing.....just numb....anyone else feel the same way? Think I will start spending my Sundays raking leaves and fishing salmon and Steelhead!!!!

Yeah, that about sums it up!

Might be the first time ever I may not plan Sundays around the Bills, ugh.

Time for fishin' and bow hunting. (Maybe I'll see Mario out, don't think he's practicing)

Better for my health anyways, instead of relaxing watching game, get out in the outdoors more.

Just very disheartening!

Yes, been numb for seasons now.

I only get excited when trying to convince fans to do what they are now doing, boycott this loser organization until Ralph makes a clean sweep of the administration.

May or may not happen, but as I've said for years, it's definitely not going to happen if they keep achieving their goals.

At least this notion that if the fans don't pay for this crap then the team will leave has been put to rest. We now all know fully that if the team leaves it's because Wilson won't sell it to someone that wants to keep it in the region because Buffalo/WNY will not win a bidding war on the open market.

BTW, this team is not only pathetic, it is on pace to shatter the record for most points allowed by a Bills team. The current tally is 454 points in 1984.

The present pace is for 563. They're on pace to allow over 7,000 yards.

All of that with a renovated defense featuring some of the biggest names and contracts in football.

They've played four teams which are hardly considered prolific offenses too. It's just unreal.

Edited by TaskersGhost

I was at a family event yesterday late afternoon and had to DVR the game. Of course the Pats/Denver game was on in the background and i couldn't resist peeking at the Bills score every once in a while. Seemed like we were hanging in there and then it blew up. I had every intention of watching the recording of the Bills game late. I skipped it. At 45-3 this is the first Bills game i voluntarily won't watch any part of. It's disappointing, upsetting, and depressing. Listening to the national shows this is really an embarrassment to the whole city. I'm approaching the "numb" phase but still pretty depressed-angry about all this.

The Bills were only in it early because of some big pass plays by SF that got called back on stupid penalties.

Leodis has a nice punt return called back early as well, but SF had considerably more.

So the "hanging in there" was largely an illusion.

Not watching it is the right call.

Edited by CodeMonkey

For the first time ever, I'm gonna say something that I can't believe I'm gonna say.

First, a little background: I fell in love with the Bills at the old Rockpile. My dad took me to all the games from a very early age...it's in my blood! I worked across from Rich stadium... The early 90's were awesome & as a result, the Bills have been woven into my DNA.

Second, a few years ago, my business took me to a trade show at the University of Phoenix stadium. That stadium is the bomb! I asked security if I could go outside to see the field & they allowed me to do so. It's chest high & I reached out & touched it. When I did, I developed a strange bond with that place & I started asking some questions...how the roof works, how the field moves...how the stadium opens up to allow the field to move outside, etc. As a result, I started following the Cards & their progress. I became a fan!

So, since our team is totally pathetic again this year & going nowhere as usual, & since the Cards are 4 & 1 & hope abounds in the desert, I'm actually gonna be rooting for them Sunday! That's right...Go Cards! Go ahead...call me names! I really don't care...I'm ready for a divorce from the Buffalo Bumblers!

I like that they're letting us know they suck instead of building up hopes like last year. Funny how in years past being 2-3 would have been preferable to 0-5, or 1-4, but somehow this year feels permanent. Like we've already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

For the first time ever, I'm gonna say something that I can't believe I'm gonna say.

First, a little background: I fell in love with the Bills at the old Rockpile. My dad took me to all the games from a very early age...it's in my blood! I worked across from Rich stadium... The early 90's were awesome & as a result, the Bills have been woven into my DNA.

Second, a few years ago, my business took me to a trade show at the University of Phoenix stadium. That stadium is the bomb! I asked security if I could go outside to see the field & they allowed me to do so. It's chest high & I reached out & touched it. When I did, I developed a strange bond with that place & I started asking some questions...how the roof works, how the field moves...how the stadium opens up to allow the field to move outside, etc. As a result, I started following the Cards & their progress. I became a fan!

So, since our team is totally pathetic again this year & going nowhere as usual, & since the Cards are 4 & 1 & hope abounds in the desert, I'm actually gonna be rooting for them Sunday! That's right...Go Cards! Go ahead...call me names! I really don't care...I'm ready for a divorce from the Buffalo Bumblers!

I won't call you names, but I will say that you were never really a true fan in the first place if swapping teams works for you. If it were that easy for the rest of us to turn on and off our fandom then who here would still be a fan of this joke of a franchise after all these years of misery? I'm glad you found a way out, but for most of us it's not a choice unfortunately.

I won't call you names, but I will say that you were never really a true fan in the first place if swapping teams works for you. If it were that easy for the rest of us to turn on and off our fandom then who here would still be a fan of this joke of a franchise after all these years of misery? I'm glad you found a way out, but for most of us it's not a choice unfortunately.

I hate responses like this.... maybe he realizes life is short and getting kicked in the balls for 13 straight years doesn't feel good. I would never switch allegiances, but come mid October every year and the Bills are pretty much out of it, I like to latch on to some other teams to watch them go.

Oh but I was a fan! My history runs deep...you wouldn't believe. If I told you some things about me pertaining to the Bills, you would think I was lying. And I didn't "swap" teams. I always loved the Bills, & have several other teams I follow...the Cards being one of them. I've simply had enough of the dysfunction of this franchise & engaging in self torture. It's time to let them go. I don't claim this is right for everybody...just right for me.

Each season I have been less enthusiastic about the Bills. What is shocking, is how many fans are so deluded that they get sucked in at the start of every season, believing the B.S. that the Bills "are going to be better this year."

All it takes is the acquisition of one quality player or some other minimal step. Then these people excuse the inevitable collapse during the season because of "too many injuries." Don't they realize that the team is not competitive through an entire season because they will not pay the price to bring in enough quality players? Therefore, it is not bad luck that there are too few quality starters and even less quality backups. It is related to an organization that is all about profitability, rather than providing a quality product for their customers.

The system works because there are so many suckers who "BILLIEVE." They enable the organization to continue screwing their fans without fear of having an empty stadium. These are the same folks who continue to go to games "so the Bills won't move out of Buffalo" or "they hate to give up good seats" or they are "true fans who will support their team win or lose." duh!

Edited by BillsfaninFl

I already have become so numb that the season opener against the Jets I DVR'd the game and enjoyed a great day out with my kids. I accidently saw the score and never watched the game, only the highlights. Since then I've DVR'd the games and sped through all the commercials and wasted as littel time on them as possible. It's refreshing and my mood is definately better.

I'll tell you all what I've learned watching this franchise since my dad took me to a game in 1970 a the rockpile. RW is like PT Barnum. He can sell us a retread and give us hope and when it fails, we line up like suckers to do it again. My mind is numb from all the times he gave us Chuck Knox, Drew Bledsoe, Marv Levy, Lawyer Milloy........the list is just getting going. I used to have my car covered in Bills stuff, go to two or thtree games a year, but no more.

I'm done doing that. Call me a band wagon fan, and I'll call you a special edition, PT Barnum Bills sucker.

My kids summed it up once recently when they were talking about the Giants.....I said aren't you a Bills fan? My son looked at me and said "Only losers root for the Bills". I honestly couldn't argue.

Sadly, I come to two bills drive anyway, so I'm like a three pack a day smoker who quits but still sneaks one when he thinks no one is looking.

Edited by BMWR100RT

We're all just being primed to accept that this team will not be in WNY for much longer... It's funny how easy it will be to never watch another football game again when they do.

I got the sunday ticket this year for free, and haven't had it for years, what an F-ing waste! all those commercials about how you can watch your favorite team play on sunday make me sick when I think of the absolute ASSWATER this team has been for 13 years!

My level of apathy left me numb to the point I didn't go out to watch the game with our local Bills Backers for the first time since JP Losman left me gutted like a roadside deer.

I am saying this publicly for the first time - can't believe I am about to type this, but... I hate this F-ing team with every fiber of my being right now. I am so utterly embarrassed that I have removed anything I have at my office that indicates where I am from, it's just too bad so many people know me as the guy from Buffalo.

I'm numb, but not laughing and will still watch, but not going to let it control my happiness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpzxf_flm8M

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I was into the game in the first half until the bonehead decision to try to make something of the 'excellent' starting field position of their own 17 after recovering the 49ers fumble with less than a minute left in the half. Down by one score and knowing your teams struggles lately most coaches would opt to run out the clock and go into halftime down one score knowing you get the ball first in the 2nd half. Not our coach, he's 'going for it'. I'm pretty sure we were all thinking the same thing was going to happen and right on script the Bills cough up the ball right back. Now you go into halftime down 17-3 and the game is for all intents and purposes over.

Simply pathetic and inexcusable game management and situational awareness by the HC.

To add to your comment why would you even think about throwing before halftime when your QB cant hit passes down the field. Going in at 10-3 and getting the ball back at the start of the second half is the smarter choice.

Getting any type of score at the beginning of the second half makes it a game. 10-6 or 10-10 is way better than 17-3.

Gailey is not any good NFL coach team is 12- 35 since he been here.