How's Aaron Maybin been doing?

Wayne Fontes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game Tackles Sacks Interceptions Fumb Misc KO Ret Punt Ret Week Date Opp Solo Ast Total Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int Yds IntTD Rec TD Frcd Pass D Sfty Yds TD Yds TD Sep 9 BUF 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 Sep 16 @PIT 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Sep 23 @MIA 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Looks like he is a skinny & weak zero for the Jets too. Does that surprise anyone?? LOL!

Edited by Azucho98

Game Tackles Sacks Interceptions Fumb Misc KO Ret Punt Ret Week Date Opp Solo Ast Total Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int Yds IntTD Rec TD Frcd Pass D Sfty Yds TD Yds TD 1 Sep 9 BUF 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 Sep 16 @PIT 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Sep 23 @MIA 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Looks like he is a skinny & weak zero for the Jets too. Does that surprise anyone?? LOL!

Ah yes. The 'ol Blutarsky Stat Line. Dean Wormer would be proud.

GO BILLS!!!

Game Tackles Sacks Interceptions Fumb Misc KO Ret Punt Ret Week Date Opp Solo Ast Total Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int Yds IntTD Rec TD Frcd Pass D Sfty Yds TD Yds TD Sep 9 BUF 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 Sep 16 @PIT 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Sep 23 @MIA 0 0 0 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

How can that be ? I thought Maybin was a classic example of the Bills just failing to "coach up" players.

While I saw Maybin being brutalized by Glenn and Levitre when the Jets played the Bills, I've not seen Ryan's secret weapon since (though his stat line is a cool snake-eyes).

Anyone seen how this neo-bulked up game-changer's game has progressed against the Steelers or Dolphins?

Why the hate for Maybin? No one can fault Maybin for lack of effort. It also wasn't his fault he was a 1st round draft pick either. Blame the Bills not him and get a life while your at it.

Why the hate for Maybin? No one can fault Maybin for lack of effort. It also wasn't his fault he was a 1st round draft pick either. Blame the Bills not him and get a life while your at it.

I can blame him for that awful rap song though, right?

Edited by NoSaint

Can't blame him for being drafted in the 1st round--- but certainly I blame for the holdout and missing TC his rookie year. A raw project like Maybin needed every chance afforded him to be prepared for the big jump to the pro game and he whiffed big time. He started off on the wrong foot with his teammates thanks to that as well.

I don't hate him, but the fact that stand up guys like Eric Wood and Andy Levitre have little good to say regarding his time here speaks volumes.

Can't blame him for being drafted in the 1st round--- but certainly I blame for the holdout and missing TC his rookie year. A raw project like Maybin needed every chance afforded him to be prepared for the big jump to the pro game and he whiffed big time. He started off on the wrong foot with his teammates thanks to that as well.

I don't hate him, but the fact that stand up guys like Eric Wood and Andy Levitre have little good to say regarding his time here speaks volumes.

Plus, that awful rap song

Don't understand this incredible hate. Blame Modrak, not an 18 year old kid. Get over it.

18?? He's 24; and still an untalented, mouthy douchebag. He put no effort into helping the Bills so I sure won't root for him as a Jet.

p.s. I love that a 10 tackle year is considered his breakout season!

Bottom line: I was more disappointed in the Bills selecting him on draft day than I was in his performance. As soon as his name was called out at the draft, I screamed at the TV, "HOW THE HELL DO YOU PASS ON ORAKPO FOR THIS CHURCH MOUSE?!?" Alas, it still wasn't any different then us picking Losman or Whitner (instead of Haloti Ngata, grrr) in the first round.

Edited by Peace Frog

Jets coach Rex Ryan believes OLB Aaron Maybin is ready to take on a bigger role.

"I don’t think there’s any doubt," Ryan said Friday of the Jets' 2011 sacks leader. Maybin was limited to situational pass-rushing duties last season, but estimates he's been added to "eight or nine more defensive packages" in camp. He's also up to 245 pounds after reporting to camp at 228 last season and playing at 240. Maybin's "bust" label is fading further into the past. Aug 4 - 11:26 AM

Source: Newark Star-Ledger