Rodney Harrison: Mario Will Never Win In Buffalo

Coach Tuesday

I can't disagree with his logic at all. The Bills don't have a franchise QB, and there isn't one on the near-term horizon. You can't win in the NFL without one, and I fully expect the Bills to go 6-10 (maybe 7-9) this season. Say what you will about Harrison, but the guy is a hall-of-fame caliber player with two Super Bowl rings to his credit. He was a smart player, and he's good - if outspoken - analyst.

Great. One cheap shot artist takes out our star RB. Another one slams the star DE.

I think Harrison was a cheap shot artists in SD, but I never felt that way when he went to the Pats. That aspect of his game pretty much disappeared.

So, after one week Rodney Harrison feels bad for Williams? And doesn't think the Bills are a playoff team. Fine. Is he on record with this assessment in the immediate aftermath of the signing, or he is basing it off one afternoon? If it's the latter, he should probably close his "mouf."

And most of you guys are lapping it up, saying he's justified...

So, after one week Rodney Harrison feels bad for Williams? And doesn't think the Bills are a playoff team. Fine. Is he on record with this assessment in the immediate aftermath of the signing, or he is basing it off one afternoon? If it's the latter, he should probably close his "mouf."

And most of you guys are lapping it up, saying he's justified...

I think the issue is that the Bills looked bad yesterday for the same reasons they closed out at 1-8 last season - erratic QB play, a scheme (limited because of talent) that doesn't effectively stretch the field, truly horrific pass coverage, and no pass rush. They ran the ball well, but they did that last year as well.

I can't stand Harrison - total Patriot loving douche bag. What he said was true though. We haven't had a QB in a decade and a half that could lead this team. Saying we aren't very good is actually a compliment. What DC will lose sleep over finding ways to stop our passing attack?

Mario Williams could end up being a bigger bust than Albert Hanesworth - OUCH.

But that's extreme overreaction to one Sunday. Can we let Mario and the D-line play half a season -- heck, a month! -- before calling a pity party?

These Jets games have taken on an almost supernatural importance to Two Bills Drive. With New England, we expect to lose. With Miami, we expect to win and then the inevitable loss is almost funny. The Jets fall somewhere in between where it feels like we're matched up evenly...so when we get pasted to the turf it feels like an insult. The insatiable Tebow Media only makes things worse. Thankfully the whole Manning story took place.

The only way Mario saves face is to have a few monster weeks, and then the peanut gallery can kiss his A$$.. If this stuff doesnt motivate him nothing will.

The best D-linemen all have games where they look invisible. MAYBE except Demarcus Ware. I've not seen a Cowboys game and not noticed him. But my point is that one game doesn't really put a DE in a position where he needs to save face. A few might.

That is *the* defintion of bulletin board material.

I'm hoping Harrison's comments made a lot of men in Buffalo blue very motivated and very violent for weekends to come.

I'm sure KC really appreciates what Harrison said. Now Mario must destroy Matt Cassel.

http://profootballta...win-in-buffalo/

Says we have no QB and that Mario should've taken less to play elsewhere. Discuss.

I hope Mario finds his words....Inspirational, because Mario has an opportunity to influence whether or not we win.

If he doesn't take better advantage of that opportunity than he did yesterday, we won't win.

The best D-linemen all have games where they look invisible. MAYBE except Demarcus Ware. I've not seen a Cowboys game and not noticed him. But my point is that one game doesn't really put a DE in a position where he needs to save face. A few might.

After crying in the media about hands to the face all day I think so!! If he kept his mouth shut your right.

All true... When are the fans around going to stop accepting losing, horrid decision making and excuses?

Okay. How are fans supposed to do that? Stop going to games? Brilliant strategy. The NFL will move the Bills to L.A. because Buffalo can't support a team and all our troubles will be solved.

PTR

Is he wrong?

We dont know yet......its game 2 of a 16 game season

Okay. How are fans supposed to do that? Stop going to games? Brilliant strategy. The NFL will move the Bills to L.A. because Buffalo can't support a team and all our troubles will be solved.

PTR

Promo.....dont ask whiners to come up with realistic solutions.....that is why whining is so fun

Harrison was a great NFL safety. He knows the game. He's right. Just because he kicked our ass for 10 years doesn't make him a douche.

Dave McBride is absolutely correct.

And...it hurts watching Russell Wilson and Miles Burris. How the Frick do we not have a developmental QB??

you can´t say that after one game actually in NFL every year it´s so different so if he goes two or three years , andthe bills change QB and rounded abetter team

(that´s a lot of "ifs" ,but)who knows

and i HATE Harrison not for be pat but being so dirty and gloomy

Edited by bills chin

http://profootballta...win-in-buffalo/

Says we have no QB and that Mario should've taken less to play elsewhere. Discuss.

i think we have talent on this team....but itll take 2 yrs to get some LBs,a QB and a change of coaches.

tell me coaching isnt the problem when we put Leodis out there on coverage.Leodis has world class speed and shiftiness---and ball skills of the last kid picked for the team in gym class.

Harrison was a great NFL safety. He knows the game. He's right. Just because he kicked our ass for 10 years doesn't make him a douche.

Dave McBride is absolutely correct.

And...it hurts watching Russell Wilson and Miles Burris. How the Frick do we not have a developmental QB??

dysfunctional franchises work that way