2012 break out player of the year

Here is a little tidbit from bleacher report concerning Kelvin Sheppard. There's an interesting quote from Dave Wannstedt and the writer believes Shep could be a break out player this season.

Linky

This kind of got me thinking who else might be a break out player for our team.....

Any input guys?

Still don't know why shep is going to be the inside backer when barnett has the experience.

Because Shep is 244 pounds and is a banger. Barnett is smaller and can cover better than Sheppard. At least that's the Stache's thinking. We'll see. Barnett is a great player and would also excel in the mike spot.

Why do people insist on linking to BR? Not trying to be a dick but that place is as credible as TSW, at least here we are 99% Bills fans, and know more than the people posting there.

Maybe because it had a direct quote from Wannstedt. That's authoritative enough of an endorsement for me.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Maybe because it had a direct quote from Wannstedt. That's authoritative enough of an endorsement for me.

I stopped clicking the links because I saw tired of their 20 slide "articles" but a quote from The Stache is good enough for me.

If Marcus Easley stays healthy, and is ready to play - I think he has the physical skill set to be a terror at WR - and would be the type of WR we all wanted the Bills to end up with in this years draft, which is to say, tall, fast, and powerful. He is as big as some tight ends, or linebackers - and he's fast. If he can run the routes and catch, he looks to be the Bills most talented WR.

Otherwise, I'll say Byrd, Aaron Williams, and I'm hoping this QB, Alex Tanney, turns out to be a real gem. I like what I've seen and read of him.

1336526588[/url]' post='2461664']

Still don't know why shep is going to be the inside backer when barnett has the experience.

Because Barnett CAN play OLB. Of Barnett starts at MLB, than we lose sheppard in the lineup completely. He's not a 4-3 OLB. The reason sheppard was drafted in the 3rd rd was so he could hopefully be our starting MLB for the next half decade. Why would we start Barnett there and completely eliminate a high draft pick from the lineup. Makes zero sense to start Barnett in the middle IMO.

Why would you want Barnett in the middle? Who would be playing OLB?

Coaches can be guilty of happy-speak sometimes but Wanny's endorsement did sound genuine. And that makes me feel a little better about MLB.

Who cares if the quote was found on BR???

Shep might indeed be the break out player of the year. But I also might pick Aaron Williams. I'd be thrilled if it was Chris Hairston.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Andy Levitre, his arms are long enough to be a great player. Now if he would just widen his hips and square his stance the sabres would be in business

Here is a little tidbit from bleacher report concerning Kelvin Sheppard. There's an interesting quote from Dave Wannstedt and the writer believes Shep could be a break out player this season.

Linky

This kind of got me thinking who else might be a break out player for our team.....

Any input guys?

70 Tackles last season. I'd say he already broke out.

Because Sheppard played MLB at LSU and (to my knowledge) never spent any significant time at OLB, whereas Barnett started at OLB for his final 2 seasons at Oregon State, and played both OLB and 3-4 ILB with Green Bay.

Just to come up with something different, McKelvin. If the guy has the talent to be a productive CB in this league, then he will show it in his last year before hitting FA...

I like Chris Hairston as a possible candidate, CJ Spiller maybe, Marcel Dareus......

How about Fred Jackson makes it to the Probowl this year?

Or how about Fitz leads the league in touchdowns for the whole season....OK, maybe that's a stretch but he was up there at the beginning of the year last year.

How about Aaron Williams?

What if our nose tackle stays healthy all year.

The possibilities are endless. This could very well be a break out year for the whole team.

Edited by Rockinon

Linky

Any input guys?

My #1 breakout guy is Easley...

Honorable mention: Brooks, Sheppard, or one of the new LB's (Tank/Bradham) depending on who gets the PT.

If Marcus Easley stays healthy, and is ready to play - I think he has the physical skill set to be a terror at WR - and would be the type of WR we all wanted the Bills to end up with in this years draft, which is to say, tall, fast, and powerful. He is as big as some tight ends, or linebackers - and he's fast. If he can run the routes and catch, he looks to be the Bills most talented WR. Otherwise, I'll say Byrd, Aaron Williams, and I'm hoping this QB, Alex Tanney, turns out to be a real gem. I like what I've seen and read of him.

Yeah, if he can do that kind of stuff, he should be OK.

i really liked the draft pick of Sheppard, and i think he will be a very good player in the league for a long time. He has a ton going for him and a great attitude and work ethic. I was pretty disappointed in his play though. I understand he was a rookie and I didnt expect him to be great, but he had a lot of trouble getting off blocks, and reacted slow. I'm sure a lot of it was because he was a rookie, and adjusting, and he got no help. The DL this year in front of him may help Shep more than any other player. I'm expecting a good year from him, but I didnt think he played well at all last year.

My breakout players are Easley and Brad Smith.

I also predict Byrd will be in the pro bowl.

shawne merriman? i would love for him to have a good season here. he's been a huge advocate for the team and i would like to see him contribute. seems like he really has a passion for the game and would be like a fire under everyone's butt on the field, kinda like a little addrenaline shot out there.

not sure whether my opinion is good or bad. we have a couple of second year rookies and or players that were injured or injured reserves that might break into highlight reels.

But we have alot of players that are in make or break seasons with the team. Guys that are supposed to be healthy starting camp. The list of 17 or so that were down last year almost all have potential to be good players this year besides Parrish who is gone now. so too many to list + spiller.

But some one said, this year might be the break out year for the team!

Of course i must pick one. Stevie Johnson will make the naysayers billieve. I have been one to a degree. But he wont drop those highlight touchdowns this year. Not one in open space, ever again.

My secret root is Easley though.

Bradham will be a solid nfl lb. If he Barnett and shep are on the field together at mid season I won't be surprised.

I will. Everything I've read on Bradham says he needs time to pickup a new defense. If he can make it onto the field this year, great.

What about the LB that ended Favre's streak? Can't seem to even remeber his name, but I thought that

he would do more for us last year, and if Meriman can't come back, he could have been a source of

pressure from off the line, any chance he breaks out? Or at least contributes more?

What about the LB that ended Favre's streak? Can't seem to even remeber his name, but I thought that

he would do more for us last year, and if Meriman can't come back, he could have been a source of

pressure from off the line, any chance he breaks out? Or at least contributes more?

Arthur Moats. He is still around but we are not sure about him with the swtch to 4-3. Training camp might tell us more. And yes it may depend on Merriman being able to start that we keep him.

The exciting thing about the 2012 Bills is that you can look up and down the roster and find several guys who seem poised to have "breakout" years. My short list (not including rookies for obvious reasons):

QB -- Fitz (is he the QB of the first 7 weeks of 2011 -- Chan thinks so)

RB -- Spiller (last 6 games of 2011 just the tip of the iceberg)

WR -- Easley (finally healthy, has been able to watch and learn for two years)

CB -- Williams (cutting Drayton a big vote of confidence)

LB -- Shep (the Stache says so)

DL -- Kyle (finally has players around him)

Add the rookies expected to make significant contributions, and this could be a real fun year.

Edit: dammit, I forgot Brad Smith. I'm definitely expecting a breakout season for him.

Edited by eball