Fred Jackson signs new contract

Rather than scour the 'net for this official announcement, I'm surprised you guys didn't just listen Fred Jackson and Buddy Nix discussing it live during the 2 PM press conference that just ended :beer:

Unfortunately, some of us have streaming blocked at this pesky little occupation called work :)

Nice. That's one less thing to worry about.

This is perhaps the all-time best off-season this team has ever had.

I'll tell ya, I can't remember a better one -- certainly not in the internet era where every bit of news is instantly available and dissected. The acquisitions, re-signings, the perceived quality of the draft...it just keeps getting better and better. Even the coaching staff got better (Wannstedt, Lee).

I'll tell ya, I can't remember a better one -- certainly not in the internet era where every bit of news is instantly available and dissected. The acquisitions, re-signings, the perceived quality of the draft...it just keeps getting better and better. Even the coaching staff got better (Wannstedt, Lee).

I'm talking my lifetime.

The Bills may have signed Bootsy Jones and Mic The Irishman to play DE, re-signed that black guy WR, whathisname, drafted the entire starting lineup of Notre Dame, and re-signed Candy Chillgrist in the 60s.....

....but it still isn't better than this year.

2 years, 8 million would be about right.

While I was expecting a little more and hoping a little more, just because he is everything you want out of a football player, teammate, citizen, Buffalonian, and even more, what this really means to me is that he is happy with it himself, self-evident by the fact it happened so fast from the time they started talking seriously. Hopefully he'll reach some of these incentives and makes more (which means he is playing well obviously for the team). If Fred didn't think it was enough he wouldn't have signed it this quick, particularly after what happened to him before. That's great.

Good job, Bills.

Fred Ex delivers. What an off season this has been.

Question: is his contract two years longer than it was initially, or is he signed for the next two years (2012,13)?

Two years tacked on to this season. He will be a free agent in 2015.

With this much time left before camp, I wouldnt be shocked of Levitre and/or Byrd get done before the season

Something else this does -- it continues to establish Nix around the league as a guy who will keep his word. That should be a plus in recruiting free agents -- not that the signings of Mario and Anderson didn't already establish the Bills aren't afraid to spend money.

Two years tacked on to this season. He will be a free agent in 2015.

With this much time left before camp, I wouldnt be shocked of Levitre and/or Byrd get done before the season

Thanks!

Re: Byrd/Levitre, that would be the final bit of evidence to conclude, unequivocally, that Bills nation is collectively enjoying an offseason-long wet dream!! We're all going to wake up as the Pats* finish off a Super Bowl blow out over the Giants!

Great news. Congrats to Freddie. Im happy. Another phenomenal move by Buddy and Co.

Offseason Recap So Far:

Resigned Stevie Johnson

Scott Chandler

Kirk Morrison

Signed: Mario Williams

Mark Anderson

Great draft

Extended Freddie

A+ Offseason

Is it just me, or does this feel like an incredible bargain? How much does Fred get if he doesn't get hurt last year and ends up with 1400 yds rushing and 800 yds receiving? This is an MVP caliber player in this offense. I can't wait to get things going this year. Can't remember being this excited about a team.

Is it just me, or does this feel like an incredible bargain? How much does Fred get if he doesn't get hurt last year and ends up with 1400 yds rushing and 800 yds receiving? This is an MVP caliber player in this offense. I can't wait to get things going this year. Can't remember being this excited about a team.

Fortunately for the BILLS, he's not a young man in running back terms. If he continues to produce at the level he was at this past season, he's one of the NFL's best bargains.

Fortunately for the BILLS, he's not a young man in running back terms. If he continues to produce at the level he was at this past season, he's one of the NFL's best bargains.

And the MF'er is LOYAL. Damn, just listening to him speak it makes you want to run out onto the field wearing the Bills' colors and hit something. Total class act. I think this just sealed the deal on a new jersey. At least it will be relevant for three years. :)

Always had faith Nix would follow through on that promise to Jackson.

I'd challenge anybody to name a team that has had a better offseason than the Bills.

Denver would probably be in the conversation. Otherwise, I don't know who touches Buffalo. And unlike last year's "offseason champion" (Philly) this isn't about bringing in an all-star team from lots of different places. It's a true organizational effort that follows the philosophy set out by Nix and Gailey two and a half years ago.

Great news. Congrats to Freddie. Im happy. Another phenomenal move by Buddy and Co.

Offseason Recap So Far:

Resigned Stevie Johnson

Scott Chandler

Kirk Morrison

Mark Anderson

Great draft

Extended Freddie

A+ Offseason

If you would of told me all of this stuff would of happened a few months ago, I would of laughed in your face. Cannot believe this...Still in shock! :blink:

2-yr extension, no details on $$ released, but Fred is a Bill for at least three more seasons. Just another great move by the organization this offseason.

Amen. I love Buddy and the way he has been running things. He has truly turned this team around in so many ways. He has guys in the locker room who are excited about where the team is going and who WANT to be here. He has continued to fill holes and create depth through the draft and made some serious plays in free agency when the opportunity presented itself. All the while, keeping the guys here who have helped the team progress, so that the Bills are actually building on as opposed to replacing. He's a straight shooter and a man of his word.

Buddy Nix, the man with the plan!

Offseason Recap So Far:

Resigned Stevie Johnson

Scott Chandler

Kirk Morrison

Mark Anderson

Great draft

Extended Freddie

A+ Offseason

Somehow I missed that Chanlder was signed. Nice!!!!

Anyone else think that 4 mil a year seems kind of low for a potential MVP type player?

I'm sure there are incentives included. Rush more than 1000 yards get this bonus, over 1500 yards from scrimmage that bonus.

I'm pretty sure he'll get paid another bonus if he plays all 16 games in the regular season. Touchdown bonuses also... I believe if the contract is for 2 years 8 million at least more than half should be guaranteed though I'm not sure.

Thank you Marv for finding Fred.

And thank you Ralph for finding Buddy...

Something else this does -- it continues to establish Nix around the league as a guy who will keep his word. That should be a plus in recruiting free agents -- not that the signings of Mario and Anderson didn't already establish the Bills aren't afraid to spend money.

Something that struck me subtlety during the draft, I can't remember this aura of positivity with folks wanting to be in this locker room. The free agents, glen in the draft, Tanny... It's refreshing!

I don't care what anyone says, Nix has fixed this franchise. They have a core of talent, players want to play for this team and they are enjoyable to watch.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood