Post UFA 'signings' here

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to the injury, he was the starter at USC over Matt Barkley. He transferred to Richmond after his recovery, once Barkley had taken over in his absence. Intriguing.

Here's a small blurb from Mart and Matt's:

Quarterback FCS Corp Aaron Richmond 6-3 205

Info: Transfer from USC. 2009: USC's most mobile quarterback, emerged as the starter as a sophomore in 2009

following a consistent, productive showing in 2009 spring practice. But he cracked the top of his left fibula in

2009 fall camp, which allowed Matt Barkley to win the starting job. 2011: 63.7%, 2682y, 17 TDs-13INTs

Garrick Williams ILB from Texas A&M

P Shaun Powell-FSU

SAF Nick Sukay-Penn State

SAF Delano Howell-Stanford

SAF Ian Wild-Mercyhurst

RB Chris Douglas-Missouri State

QB Aaron Corp-Richmond

CB Cris Hill-Virginia Tech

Edited by Arkady Renko

Prior to the injury, he was the starter at USC over Matt Barkley. He transferred to Richmond after his recovery, once Barkley had taken over in his absence. Intriguing.

If you read his pro/con the game sounds a lot like a Fitz junior to me. I think it is interesting.

Garrick Williams ILB from Texas A&M

SAF Ian Wild-Mercyhurst

Bandits got him, not the Bills

He had a devastating knee injury in 2010. NFL.com has him rated higher than a lot of QBs people on here wanted. Highly recruited dual treat QB coming out of HS, stranger things have happened.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/aaron-corp?id=2532819

At least he's looks the part, don't want any athletic smurf QBs

The descriptions cracks me up sometimes...

His arm strength is a question mark and his overall size and strength will need to be developed at the next level to compete.

And he is listed at 6' 4" and 215lbs

How many QBs in the NFL are taller than 6' 4" and how many weight beyond 215 lbs.

If he is an accurate QB, then it would be helpful. In the NFL, it is all about moving the chains. You don't need to be throwing 50yard bombs every time.

The descriptions cracks me up sometimes...

His arm strength is a question mark and his overall size and strength will need to be developed at the next level to compete.

And he is listed at 6' 4" and 215lbs

How many QBs in the NFL are taller than 6' 4" and how many weight beyond 215 lbs.

If he is an accurate QB, then it would be helpful. In the NFL, it is all about moving the chains. You don't need to be throwing 50yard bombs every time.

All true but the most important part of a QB is decision making (the down falls of JP and Trent) as long as the physical tools are there.

I still want a big WR on this team (and I could've sworn Buddy said he did too a few months ago). So here are a couple of UFAs who might fit that mold.

(1) Dwight Jones UNC: I know he's a bonehead who imploded but I'd be up for giving him a shot. He's 6'3" 230 lbs and ran a 4.55 40 yds at the Combine (where he had issues listening to the position coaches). Stats last season: 79 recs. 1,119 yds and 11 TDs. 2nd team all-ACC.

(2) Gerell Robinson ASU: 6'3" 227 lbs. Ran slow 40 at Combine 4.62. 77 recs. 1,397 yds and 7 TDs (785 yds came in last 5 games of season--against Boise St. he had 13 recs. for 241 yds). Senior Bowl invitee. Some info. http://mobile.houseofsparky.com/2012/4/25/2972403/2012-nfl-draft-profile-gerell-robinson

Dolphins signed Jeff Fuller from Texas A&M (probably to make Tannehill feel loved).

Looks like the Bills have done a pretty poor job at adding ufa's. I wouldn't expect any of the guys they signed so far to make the roster.

I 'm disappointed the Bills didn't 't bring in a better QB to challenge Thigpen. He was horrible the preseason last year.

:lol: :lol:

If ONE UDFA makes an NFL roster, it's considered a success story. The fact it's now difficult for one to crack the Bills' roster should only be viewed as a positive.

Speaking of the QB Corp -- I just watched the game video posted by ARMchairgm and the kid's arm strength looks pretty decent to me.

His TD:INT ratio blows. Not promising.

I am a Richmond season ticket holder, and that team was a mess this year. Little talent around him, new head coach 4 days before opener, always behind...made him force throws into covered receivers etc.

That being said, I would not envision Aaron being on the Bills in any capacity by game 1. Maybe I am way off base, and certainly our scouts are smarter than me..but I just do not see it. Big kid, I think he has become a bit gun shy after two big leg injuries. But as mentioned above, that could be a product of a shite o line as well. Nice kid, did not big time the team,school or community , and trust me we were every bit as pumped for him coming as Mario signing with the Bills.

Hope I am wrong, two Spiders on the team would be great..I just don' t think the talent is there.

Looks like the Bills have done a pretty poor job at adding ufa's. I wouldn't expect any of the guys they signed so far to make the roster.

I 'm disappointed the Bills didn't 't bring in a better QB to challenge Thigpen. He was horrible the preseason last year.

Me, too. They should pick up at least one future Hall of Famer, two starters and three quality back-ups. This team sucks.

A number of tweets say that Aaron Corp, QB - Richmond (late of USC) - signed with the Bills. Any promise there? He had 17 TDs to 13 Int at a FCS school.

(i'm not entirely sure but) Doesnt this phrasing mean "most recently?" So he was at Richmond, then went to USC, and now to us?

Not to jump on your post, and maybe i'm wrong, but I got the wrong impression until I clicked a couple links. I was thinking that USC snagged him from Richmond so I got excited.

I am a Richmond season ticket holder, and that team was a mess this year. Little talent around him, new head coach 4 days before opener, always behind...made him force throws into covered receivers etc.

That being said, I would not envision Aaron being on the Bills in any capacity by game 1. Maybe I am way off base, and certainly our scouts are smarter than me..but I just do not see it. Big kid, I think he has become a bit gun shy after two big leg injuries. But as mentioned above, that could be a product of a shite o line as well. Nice kid, did not big time the team,school or community , and trust me we were every bit as pumped for him coming as Mario signing with the Bills.

Hope I am wrong, two Spiders on the team would be great..I just don' t think the talent is there.

Looks like in the video clip he was pretty accurate and hit his receivers in stride. That was nice to see. The team must have been hurting if you can lose a game despite your QB going 31 out of 34.

I still want a big WR on this team (and I could've sworn Buddy said he did too a few months ago). So here are a couple of UFAs who might fit that mold.

(1) Dwight Jones UNC: I know he's a bonehead who imploded but I'd be up for giving him a shot. He's 6'3" 230 lbs and ran a 4.55 40 yds at the Combine (where he had issues listening to the position coaches). Stats last season: 79 recs. 1,119 yds and 11 TDs. 2nd team all-ACC.

(2) Gerell Robinson ASU: 6'3" 227 lbs. Ran slow 40 at Combine 4.62. 77 recs. 1,397 yds and 7 TDs (785 yds came in last 5 games of season--against Boise St. he had 13 recs. for 241 yds). Senior Bowl invitee. Some info. http://mobile.houseofsparky.com/2012/4/25/2972403/2012-nfl-draft-profile-gerell-robinson

Dolphins signed Jeff Fuller from Texas A&M (probably to make Tannehill feel loved).

Dwight Jones signed with the Texans. Interesting, given the UNC connection with Yates (who threw to him for a couple of years).

Corp is awful. He got his shot at USC and was passed in one week by a true freshman. Corp over Moore has me shaking my head a bit. Hopefully Jeff Fuller or Dwight Jones will be brought into camp at WR. They will be longshots, but at least they were productive.

Edited by John Cocktosten

Corp is awful. He got his shot at USC and was passed in one week by a true freshman. Corp over Moore has me shaking my head a bit. Hopefully Jeff Fuller or Dwight Jones will be brought into camp at WR. They will be longshots, but at least they were productive.

Read two posts above yours.

Have you accounted for the fact that there was no offseason training or workouts last year? It affected a lot of players.

Not saying Tyler's the answer at backup QB and yes, I thought they'd bring in a decent QB prospect. The list of FAs is not very stout.

Edited by Nanker

Thigpen isn't going to make anyone forget about Jim Kelly anytime soon, but remember that he only had a couple weeks with the playbook and his new team before the exhibition games started - not the ideal situation for a QB (look back to Carson Palmer's performance after being dealt to Oakland last year). Maybe he came along well enough throughout the season to serve as an adequate backup this year?

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm some huge Thigpen fan, but it doesn't seem fair to be too critical of his performance in preseason last year...

Douglas, the RB, had the 2nd highest yards per carry in the nation this year...6.9.

He slips to UDFA because he only had 150 carries, sharing the touches with another RB.

He has 4.4 speed, great attitude, and great work ethic.

Of course, he woul be competing with Johnny White for the #3 spot, or will be on the PS and picked up by the Eagles where he will lead the league.

Corp is awful. He got his shot at USC and was passed in one week by a true freshman. Corp over Moore has me shaking my head a bit.

Point #1: Matt Barkley has a pretty good chance to be a top 3 pick in 2013 right? Name a QB that wouldn't be passed by him pretty quickly.

Point #2: Kellen Moore's arm strength is awful. The fact you even want him to come to Buffalo has ME shaking MY head a bit.