Post UFA 'signings' here

Douglas, the RB, had the 2nd highest yards per carry in the nation this year...6.9.

He slips to UDFA because he only had 150 carries, sharing the touches with another RB.

He has 4.4 speed, great attitude, and great work ethic.

Of course, he woul be competing with Johnny White for the #3 spot, or will be on the PS and picked up by the Eagles where he will lead the league.

Don't forget about Choice.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about Choice.

If I had a choice, he'd be gone. There has to be a better option that can be developed. Either that or free up a roster spot for another posiion (like DE).

Point #1: Matt Barkley has a pretty good chance to be a top 3 pick in 2013 right? Name a QB that wouldn't be passed by him pretty quickly.

Point #2: Kellen Moore's arm strength is awful. The fact you even want him to come to Buffalo has ME shaking MY head a bit.

Because he heard of Kellen Moore!...LOL I think Corp will be given a real shot at making this roster considering the severe lack of QB talent after Fitzpatrick. He has the size, decent arm and the footwork looks pretty good. The footwork helped Tom Brady make the big leap from long shot 7th rounder to star NFL QB so here's hoping the Bills have maybe found themselves a hidden QB gem. You never know about QBs. It's the one position that's the hardest to figure out who can make it and who can't. Just look at what Fitzpatrick's done as a former 7th rounder. One thing for sure is that Moore's physical limitations are just too much to overcome. He seems like a great kid, but he's way too small to play with NFL giants. Maybe as a backup for a game or two, but he will never be a full time starting QB.

Looks like the Bills have done a pretty poor job at adding ufa's. I wouldn't expect any of the guys they signed so far to make the roster.

I 'm disappointed the Bills didn't 't bring in a better QB to challenge Thigpen. He was horrible the preseason last year.

Key word: preseason.

He might be the best of the FA crop. But, that ain't saying a hell of a lot. Broke his leg, tore his ACL, not a lot of W's, but, a lot of ints. Why bother bringing him in? Durability seems to be the top issue, then his decision making (ints). If he ever gets to play, what will be his next injury? He's a long shot to make the PS, let alone the 53. Buddy... keep looking, this guy ain't the answer.

Point #1: Matt Barkley has a pretty good chance to be a top 3 pick in 2013 right? Name a QB that wouldn't be passed by him pretty quickly.

Point #2: Kellen Moore's arm strength is awful. The fact you even want him to come to Buffalo has ME shaking MY head a bit.

He was a 3rd year sophmore getting passed by a true freshman. Corp was also average at best in Richmond. Sooooo...

I don't care what Mel Kiper or McShay says about Moore. Did you watch him carve up that Georgia secondary (on the road) which was one of the best defenses in the country this year? He had a better game against UGA's defense than any other QB had last year. How about two years ago when he beat Va Tech on the road? Bud Foster had all year to plan for him. Both teams had a few guys drafted and were SEC/BCS teams. Btw, HE PLAYED AT BOISE! I watch football and I don't care what McShay or Mayock thinks. Moore will make the Lions and Corp will be lucky if he makes it to the third preseason game.

He might be the best of the FA crop. But, that ain't saying a hell of a lot. Broke his leg, tore his ACL, not a lot of W's, but, a lot of ints. Why bother bringing him in? Durability seems to be the top issue, then his decision making (ints). If he ever gets to play, what will be his next injury? He's a long shot to make the PS, let alone the 53. Buddy... keep looking, this guy ain't the answer.

He atleast has an nfl arm, which is good for camp work.

I can't believe anyone thought that after pick 41 we would find someone to challenge thigpen anytime soon.

He was a 3rd year sophmore getting passed by a true freshman. Corp was also average at best in Richmond. Sooooo...

I don't care what Mel Kiper or McShay says about Moore. Did you watch him carve up that Georgia secondary (on the road) which was one of the best defenses in the country this year? He had a better game against UGA's defense than any other QB had last year. How about two years ago when he beat Va Tech on the road? Bud Foster had all year to plan for him. Both teams had a few guys drafted and were SEC/BCS teams. Btw, HE PLAYED AT BOISE! I watch football and I don't care what McShay or Mayock thinks. Moore will make the Lions and Corp will be lucky if he makes it to the third preseason game.

Fine, disregard kiper- but what about 32 GMs passing him up?

Because that never happens...Romo, Cruz, Freddy, Peters, Fletcher, Gates, Welker, Foster, Harrison all say hi...Kurt Warner too.

And I'm not saying Moore is going to be any of those guys but he is clutch, he is a winner, he is smart and throws with better anticipation than most. He could be Chad Pennington someday which isn't bad. Corp will not make a roster. That's all. No big deal.

He atleast has an nfl arm, which is good for camp work.

I can't believe anyone thought that after pick 41 we would find someone to challenge thigpen anytime soon.

Detroit didn't pass him up. They just didn't draft him. Everybody knows what his shortcomings are (har har), but he's got a lot of intriguing qualties and I don't doubt that he's going to work hard to get better. He just made another smart move and signed with a playoff team that plays in a dome, with an oft-injured starter. I'll be rooting for Moore.

Because that never happens...Romo, Cruz, Freddy, Peters, Fletcher, Gates, Welker, Foster, Harrison all say hi...Kurt Warner too.

And I'm not saying Moore is going to be any of those guys but he is clutch, he is a winner, he is smart and throws with better anticipation than most. He could be Chad Pennington someday which isn't bad. Corp will not make a roster. That's all. No big deal.

Thank you. I'm not going to write off Corp, but I think there are plenty of reasons to believe in Moore, and to have taken a late round flyer on him rather than wasting a draft pick and potentially a roster spot with a 2nd kicker from western Michigan. I'm sure the competition was heated for the kicker, but c'mon.

Detroit didn't pass him up. They just didn't draft him. Everybody knows what his shortcomings are (har har), but he's got a lot of intriguing qualties and I don't doubt that he's going to work hard to get better. He just made another smart move and signed with a playoff team that plays in a dome, with an oft-injured starter. I'll be rooting for Moore.

I'm sorry, but if you think stafford injury woes put him near the field any time soon id have to say I disagree. He will be lucky to make the 53 yet alone challenge for qb2. He needed a dome, and some sort of qb guru with a scheme that fits his talent. Looking at the starter for anything beyond similar skill sets would be foolish.

Ok, and GMs aren't perfect, but spouting like we're still talking about mock drafts and where mcshays and kipers rated him is silly when we know where teams rated him.

I wasn't commenting on his potential with that as much as your argument sounding disingenuous.

Edited by NoSaint

If you have no size, you have to possess great mobility/escapability and/or a strong arm. Moore has neither. Those three things against him kill him. NFL GMs will consider Wilson in the third round because even though he lacks size he has exceptional mobility and an exceptional arm to make up for it.

Ok, and GMs aren't perfect, but spouting like we're still talking about mock drafts and where mcshays and kipers rated him is silly when we know where teams rated him.

I wasn't commenting on his potential with that as much as your argument sounding disingenuous.

Disingenuous? Unlike you, I've followed Corps career because I follow USC. Unlike you, I watched the game he played against UW and followed his progress. He was a dual threat QB who couldn't compete at USC and was average at Richmond. His biggest accomplishment was beating out Mitch Mustain who was another overhyped bust at Arkansas/USC. So you shouldn't be commenting on a guy who you just heard of because that's the definition of disingenuous.

Thigpen isn't going to make anyone forget about Jim Kelly anytime soon, but remember that he only had a couple weeks with the playbook and his new team before the exhibition games started - not the ideal situation for a QB (look back to Carson Palmer's performance after being dealt to Oakland last year). Maybe he came along well enough throughout the season to serve as an adequate backup this year?

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm some huge Thigpen fan, but it doesn't seem fair to be too critical of his performance in preseason last year...

Thigpen is awful.

If you have no size, you have to possess great mobility/escapability and/or a strong arm. Moore has neither. Those three things against him kill him. NFL GMs will consider Wilson in the third round because even though he lacks size he has exceptional mobility and an exceptional arm to make up for it.

I like Wilson more no doubt and for those reasons. Again, I don't think he's going to be great. I think he could be a great backup and will have a better NFL career than Corp. Chase Daniel was too small and had no arm too but he's been backing up Brees now for 3 years. That's my point.

Disingenuous? Unlike you, I've followed Corps career because I follow USC. Unlike you, I watched the game he played against UW and followed his progress. He was a dual threat QB who couldn't compete at USC and was average at Richmond. His biggest accomplishment was beating out Mitch Mustain who was another overhyped bust at Arkansas/USC. So you shouldn't be commenting on a guy who you just heard of because that's the definition of disingenuous.

I never claimed to know anything about corp. he's got a bit livelier arm is all I've noted. Is it really that crazy for me to note that its more than the kipers of the world that didn't put him higher?

Edited by NoSaint

Question for you sir: Colt Brennan, Ty Detmer, Case Keenum, the rest of the Top 10 all time NCAA passing yard leaders (aside from Philip Rivers)....what do they have in common?

Answer: They tore up NCAA secondaries, much like your beloved Kellen Moore, and didn't do squat in the NFL because of their physical skills or lack thereof

I think Corp was a good qb to take a flier on. If he hadn't gotten injured and allowed Barkley the chance to steal his job, who knows how his college career would have gone. USC starting QBs tend to go in the first round under the label "franchise."

In any case I can't believe people are complaining that the UDFAs don't look promising on paper. Of course they don't, no UDFAs do, thats why they weren't drafted. You bring them in to be camp bodies and hope that someone surprises you.

Also, I very much doubt that Buddy and Chan are or were ever looking for a bona fide replacement for Thigpen. Fans want it, but Chan went an entire season with Thigpen as a starter at one point. Thigpen is one of Chan's guys and will be the backup QB until they either draft someone to eventually replace Fitzpatrick, or one of the developmental qbs (like Corp) clearly passes him.

Garrick Williams ILB from Texas A&M

P Shaun Powell-FSU

SAF Nick Sukay-Penn State

SAF Delano Howell-Stanford

SAF Ian Wild-Mercyhurst

RB Chris Douglas-Missouri State

QB Aaron Corp-Richmond

CB Cris Hill-Virginia Tech

What the heck position is 'SAF'? :blink:

Question for you sir: Colt Brennan, Ty Detmer, Case Keenum, the rest of the Top 10 all time NCAA passing yard leaders (aside from Philip Rivers)....what do they have in common?

Answer: They tore up NCAA secondaries, much like your beloved Kellen Moore, and didn't do squat in the NFL because of their physical skills or lack thereof

Answer for you sir, Case, Colt and Ty all played in Run-n-gun type offenses from shot gun. Moore played in a pro style attack that had him under center the majority of the time. His offenses were so well thought of that Florida and Texas hired the last 2 Boise OCs to run PRO STYLE ATTACKS. Did you watch Colt get destroyed in the Sugar Bowl a couple of years ago by UGA? Did you watch Moore throw for 300 yards and 3 tds to beat UGA on the road this year? How did Kirk Cousins play against UGA...3 ints. Btw, UGA won the SEC East if it matters. So, before you argue, try watching a game. Btw, Ty Detmer had a 10 NFL career and Keenem(who I think sucks) has yet to play a down.

Edited by John Cocktosten

Looks like the Bills have done a pretty poor job at adding ufa's. I wouldn't expect any of the guys they signed so far to make the roster.

I 'm disappointed the Bills didn't 't bring in a better QB to challenge Thigpen. He was horrible the preseason last year.

S - Delano Howell will!!!

What the heck position is 'SAF'? :blink:

Safety

If I had a choice, he'd be gone. There has to be a better option that can be developed. Either that or free up a roster spot for another posiion (like DE).

What has Tashard done to make you not accept him as our #3 back? The guy is solid and can run the damn ball. We're not asking for him to start but at #3 he did a pretty damn good job.

While Corp may have played poorly last year, you have to remember it was his first full football season since HS. He was the backup at USC for 2 years, then missed a year due to a broken leg, then transfered, then tore up his knee after 5 games. It takes a bit of time to come back into a starters role after seldom playing for a few years due to circumstances outside of his own control. If he is fully healed (pro level strength and conditioning/medical staff will facilitate this) and working with Chan and David Lee, I think he has a shot to overtake thigpen, if not this year then next for sure. You have to remember the talent is there despite it being very unpolished as he was once a very highly sought after prospect.

While Corp may have played poorly last year, you have to remember it was his first full football season since HS. He was the backup at USC for 2 years, then missed a year due to a broken leg, then transfered, then tore up his knee after 5 games. It takes a bit of time to come back into a starters role after seldom playing for a few years due to circumstances outside of his own control.

That doesn't auger well for making the NFL jump then. The kid's head is going to be exploding at SJF...

While Corp may have played poorly last year, you have to remember it was his first full football season since HS. He was the backup at USC for 2 years, then missed a year due to a broken leg, then transfered, then tore up his knee after 5 games. It takes a bit of time to come back into a starters role after seldom playing for a few years due to circumstances outside of his own control. If he is fully healed (pro level strength and conditioning/medical staff will facilitate this) and working with Chan and David Lee, I think he has a shot to overtake thigpen, if not this year then next for sure. You have to remember the talent is there despite it being very unpolished as he was once a very highly sought after prospect.

That doesn't auger well for making the NFL jump then. The kid's head is going to be exploding at SJF...

Speaking of which, I think John Cocktastic might have an aneurysm pretty soon if we keep this up…

Geez, and we just started to agree on the running game!

I'm just trying to avoid the Brohm/Brown-esque threads that will pollute TBD over the next 3 months!

I'll agree to that but I think Corp is probably better than Brown, he's got a much better pedigree. Brohm, however, could be a very good comparison. I do think that Corp's physical attributes mesh better with Chan's system than Brohm's did.

I'm just trying to be glass half full here because the kid deserves a shot after overcoming a ton of adversity, he seems driven and that attitude will be the biggest factor in his success at the next level.