Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills lack of top notch talent at WR is really starting to show up and hurt the passing game. Fitz finally throws a decent downfield pass the receiver stumbles over grass and falls. Our WR's just don't get much separation..it's like the other teams DB's are glued to them.

This Walker douche makes me miss Timmy even more. The idea he does not even pander to our loyal canvass is amazing. We are easily the most diehard in the AFCE. Only NE comes close because their recent success. We ride with this team in good or bad. Where are Jets fans and Dolphin fans when things go South. I am sorry, but Walker doesn't know **** about the AFCE and needs to go back to the lowly AFCS.

The Bills lack of top notch talent at WR is really starting to show up and hurt the passing game. Fitz finally throws a decent downfield pass the receiver stumbles over grass and falls. Our WR's just don't get much separation..it's like the other teams DB's are glued to them.

I don't disagree 100%...But...I know it's just one play, but you can't get any more wide open deep than Jones was when Fitz overthrew him by 5 yards plus last week...That's a Pass a guy making $9 million per year needs to make 99% of the time...So granted the Bills need a better WR option opposite Stevie...But it's not all the WR's either...Fitz has made some pretty crappy throws at times as well... B-)

The Bills lack of top notch talent at WR is really starting to show up and hurt the passing game. Fitz finally throws a decent downfield pass the RB who is playingreceiver stumbles over grass and falls. Our WR's just don't get much separation..it's like the other teams DB's are glued to them.

There, fixed that one for you.

The problem is like most of the Bills positions, They have some good players, but no body outstanding or top tier. Stevie johnson is a good WR, but not someone who is great, he only looks great to us because of his backstory about where he was drafted and that he is the best of this bunch. Even with evans, he was a very good receiver in his prime, but not that great player that abunch of teams have.

There, fixed that one for you.

The problem is like most of the Bills positions, They have some good players, but no body outstanding or top tier. Stevie johnson is a good WR, but not someone who is great, he only looks great to us because of his backstory about where he was drafted and that he is the best of this bunch. Even with evans, he was a very good receiver in his prime, but not that great player that abunch of teams have.

This is very true. Bills don't have a WR who can usually beat the guy covering him. Having Plexico Burris who can catch anything wihtin 5 yards of him makes Sanchez a far better QB. Eli Manning also has erratic accuracy sailing the ball high frequently, but the tall hands guys bail him out a lot.

Adding a big WR that can separate and can catch anything near him make all the difference with a QB like Fitz who is smart, quick but a little inaccurate. If they they make it a prioity to add that type of player to the roster, maybe even two of them, Fitz would start looking like a Probowl QB...

I don't think chan ever has a plaxico type because he's not a good route runner. Hes a bit of a plodder that nonetheless creates huge physical mismatch problems. Gailey Wants route runners like he's watching some video game. Evans had a speed advantage and he got rid of him, James hardy had a size advantage and it seemed like was never given a chance. I think in both cases they're route runnig skills were in question.

Yea, looking at it week-to-week is not a good way to gauge things. It should be obvious that the top QB in the division is Brady by a mile. I would rank Fitz second. Sanchez remains the luckiest man in professional sports to have a job; he is surrounded by unbelievable talent and is only asked NOT to do anything foolish game in and game out. I would rather have Fred Jackson than Greene/LT but the rest of the Jets' offensive players are man-for-man as good as or better than the Bills' at every other position. Meanwhile, Moore is just a place-holder until the Dolphins find a new QB in 2012.

I watched Sanchez last night and I'd say he might very well be the worst qb in the division. He has two all pro offensive linemen, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller to throw to, and three years experience as a starter for that team and he's making throws that a rookie wouldn't even make, has no sense of game strategy.

Fitz? an offensive line with NO legitimate probowlers and receivers who are not in the same league at any level as the Jets. Craziness to even consider him as the worst in the Division or the NFL. He is where he should be...the eleventh best quarterback in the game.

Correct. I think our OL (when healthy) has been amazing this year, and they've been covering for the weakness in the WR corps.

Gailey and Nix were probably counting on Easely stepping up. When he finally played some in preseason you could see why they were excited about him. He's a difference-making athlete. Stevie is a good receiver - as is Nelson - and they have some size to create matchup problems, but not the speed to get consistent seperation.

Evans 5 years ago would be a big help. Moulds in his prime would work too.

I think WR is right up there with OLB for team needs. The cool thing is, those two spots might be the only BIG needs. Big improvement from years past.

OMG the sky is falling!!!! ESPN hates Fitz!!! Holy crap, all is lost, maybe it's not to late to start sucking for Luck!!!! Quick, jump off the Fitz bandwagon NOW!!!!

:thumbdown:

There's plenty of room on the Fitz bandwagon. And I mean plenty. You could lay down and spin and you wouldn't hit anyone.

There's plenty of room on the Fitz bandwagon. And I mean plenty. You could lay down and spin and you wouldn't hit anyone.

I hope he is our QB for awhile, so we can use our draft picks to get talent on the team. If we had done that with Collins at QB, instead of trying to appease the fickle fan base by changing QB's every couple seasons, we would be a much better team.

In addition to the line the WRs obviously have a lot of influence. I keep thinking about the perfect deep ball he threw to spiller that was dropped. That's 50 yards at least, and maybe even an 80 yard TD. And it would have given bills at least some hope against Dallas.

Haven't seen any of Moore so i don't know about drops for him but I've seen all of Sanchezs last 2 and dont recall Anything that dramatic

Miami must be leading the league in WR mistakes. Drops galore.

Well when you pay a guy to be your franchise guy & the future you expect a lot from him & they are suppose to be a guy that can put the team on his back and carry them when things get tough !!

I like Fitz & think he has some real good things about him i just don't get what has happened to our Bills :blink: ??

He still has the people , i know the O line is hurting & think that we aren't using CJ at all near his potential in our offense especially with an offensive coach like Gailey !!

There should be wrinkles we can throw in our game with CJ & the guy (QB - WR) we got from the Jet's for $15 Mil . That how much he has impressed me with his play this year i can't remember his name !!! :angry:

OMG the sky is falling!!!! ESPN hates Fitz!!! Holy crap, all is lost, maybe it's not to late to start sucking for Luck!!!! Quick, jump off the Fitz bandwagon NOW!!!!

:thumbdown:

HaHaHaHa Thats funny!! I would still take Fitz over Moore and Sanchez and most QB's in the league. Hes not the problem his receivers have caused most of his interceptions because they are completely sucking. The whole team has crumbled as of late

Man, his passes were off today. I thought he might have got over that hump. Even on his good days though there is some really bad passes. I'm afraid our times up and soon a lot of those passes will be costly interceptions.

The cold hard truth is we splurged all of our money on a half-decent backup QB because he didn't suck as much as Trent Edwards

Did the O line hurt him on our first drive on that 3rd down throw to a wide open Stevie that was a foot high? I always liked Fitz but I can't sit back as a loyal fan and continue to support him, he is costing this team more than you guys want to admit, we made another terrible signing, move on and draft a rookie like we shoulda done last year.

Did the O line hurt him on our first drive on that 3rd down throw to a wide open Stevie that was a foot high? I always liked Fitz but I can't sit back as a loyal fan and continue to support him, he is costing this team more than you guys want to admit, we made another terrible signing, move on and draft a rookie like we shoulda done last year.

He is getting little help but he surely is missing somew easy passes. If he makes a few plays early today we are in the lead by more that 3-0.

I am very disappointed in his recent play.

Ya know, everyone got on me when I said 5-11 this year, also got on me for saying Fitz is NOT a franshise QB.

I hate it when I'm right about this team (because it usually means they suck), but I am right.

5-11 is looking more like a possibility, and Fitz just pulled a fast one on this organization like Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie & Jauron did.

So, all those ppl who were saying this team can't possibly implode like the Trent Edwards team???

Time to eat some crow guys.

Say someone has the guts to go in and say, "We made a mistake and we need to go in a new direction at QB." This after selling the money people that Fitz was worth locking up long term at nearly $10M a year because his stock was rising. How long would it take to have the Photoshop hack rearrange a photo and have said person removed from the team photo?

The wagon (or anchor) is firmly attached at this point. It's all water under the bridge.

I hate to say this, but it looks like Fitz and Jauron have something in common.

They were both signed prematurely in the middle of the season and tanked right afterward.

Now we are stuck with Fitz for a while like we got stuck with Jauron for an extra season.

Sure hope Fitz finds his game someday.

They were both signed prematurely in the middle of the season and tanked right afterward.

Now we are stuck with Fitz for a while like we got stuck with Jauron for an extra season.

Yes sir indeed. IIRC the guaranteed money for Fitz in the next 2 years would be about equal to Dick Jaurons contract, which all of it was guaranteed I believe. With the 24 mill guaranteed in the next 2 years with Fitz contract the Bills can opt out and not cost them anything. But that also means not addressing the QB which we surely need to do.

Fitz can't complete passes beyond 15 yards. Were screwed.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Over the last three games Fitz has a QB rating around 47. This is really bad! It is not fair to blame him completely. After all, he is hampered by an inferior coaching staff and an inferior offensive line. BTW, does anyone know why the Bills' defensive coordinator has a job in the NFL? His track record is abysmal. Look at his record in Buffalo and he has to be the worst DC in the league and yet he still gets a paycheck. For what?

Over the last three games Fitz has a QB rating around 47. This is really bad! It is not fair to blame him completely. After all, he is hampered by an inferior coaching staff and an inferior offensive line. BTW, does anyone know why the Bills' defensive coordinator has a job in the NFL? His track record is abysmal. Look at his record in Buffalo and he has to be the worst DC in the league and yet he still gets a paycheck. For what?

He wasn't qualified when we hired him and he hasn't shown that he has any clue. Coaches scared defense.