Dan Gronkowski Cut

Astrobot

Haynesworth, Vollmer, Wright, Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski absent from practice.

Haynesworth wasn’t on the field because of a back injury, and with defensive tackle Myron Pryor being placed on injured reserve this week after suffering a season-ending shoulder injury, and Mike Wright (concussion) not expected to be available any time soon, DL should only be great instead of fabulous.

Edited by Astrobot

I BET this is a ploy by Billichek to force the Bills to gameplan around their status. Any time trying to 'figure out' who's actually playing is wasted time.

I wouldn't put it past Billichek; remember, Brady was on the weekly injury report a few years ago for the entire season and he was not injured at all. :thumbdown:

Sign the man! Maybe he can tell us how to stop Brady.

On a more serious note, that really sucks. I mean, right before playing in front of his family and hometown crowd alongside his brother? Man, that's cold.

Who are you Pat Moran? Dan Gronkowski was not cut. Please close this thread.

he was NOT cut...

Gronkowski missed practice because of a hamstring ailment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/09/23/haynesworth_misses_practice_with_back_injury/

He was CUT, hence the thread.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/09/23/patriots-release-te-dan-gronkowski/

I see the Troy Vincent Lawyer Milloy (my brain is getting old) affair happening all over again (assuming Buddy's smart enough to sign DG - the dude knows the Pats* playbook so we'd be stupid not to pick him up, even if it's just for the week).

Edited by MaineMoxie

I see the Troy Vincent affair happening all over again (assuming Buddy's smart enough to sign DG - the dude knows the Pats* playbook so we'd be stupid not to pick him up, even if it's just for the week).

Maybe hevwas cut.. just so Nix would sign him. ...and give Chan false information. sneaky fuggin Patriots*

Maybe hevwas cut.. just so Nix would sign him. ...and give Chan false information. sneaky fuggin Patriots*

Come on, guys. BB is obviously trying to get us to pick up DG. He will then scoop up the poor schlub that we cut to make room for him. No one else sees this? :doh:

I see the Troy Vincent affair happening all over again (assuming Buddy's smart enough to sign DG - the dude knows the Pats* playbook so we'd be stupid not to pick him up, even if it's just for the week).

Do you mean Lawyer Milloy? Vincent came from Philly.

Maybe its a ploy for Billichek to get a camera into our last practice before the game... do they still do that? :unsure:

I'm sure they do.

1) I think maybe you meant Lawyer Malloy? :unsure:

2) Nix got the Pats playbook when he signed Lee Smith on September 5th

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

WHO is playing tight end for them again besides the other Gronkowski? WHY would they cut him and leave them with no other viable TE if Hernandez isn't back?

Odd. VERY odd.

I'm also trying to figure out why they* would leave themselves* with only one TE - particularly since they* run more multiple TE formation plays than any NFL team.

There is no word yet on a corresponding roster move, but the team* could add an offensive lineman for depth now that starting right tackle Sebastian* Vollmer* has been ruled out of Sunday’s game at Buffalo. It’s also possible that the Pats* may need to add a punter if Zoltan* Mesko* is unable to play through a left knee injury. The Pats* also could add a tight end, with practice squad member Garrett* Mills* the most likely candidate. With Aaron* Hernandez* ruled out of Sunday’s game, Dan’s brother, Rob* Gronkowski*, is currently the only active tight end.

(Link - Un-Gronk’d: Patriots* release TE Dan Gronkowski)

This can only be good news for the Bills, and I may have to revise my original prediction of...

BuffTown Bills 57

New* England* Cheatriettes* 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

I see the Troy Vincent Lawyer Milloy (my brain is getting old) affair happening all over again (assuming Buddy's smart enough to sign DG - the dude knows the Pats* playbook so we'd be stupid not to pick him up, even if it's just for the week).

I don't know if it would help this close, but the man is an area local, decent TE. Maybe we play him as WR? :rolleyes: