Here's my Training Camp Report from 7/30/2011

I almost forgot to share this with you guys. Hope you like it. Leave me any thoughts or comments in the thread. I'm going to take a nap now because I gotta work tonight and go to the night practice.

Michael

----------------------------------------------------

Finally! The lockout is over with and so is the fast paced offseason. Now it's time for Buffalo Bills training camp. The Bills had their first practice on the new grass field at St. John Fisher Saturday afternoon. It's a lot different from prior years at camp. There are lots of seats now, fans can sit in the bleachers on the new Track and Field stadium. But they can't hide under the trees anymore to keep cool. The fans are also sitting in end zone seats and don't get the nice sideline action that they were used to. The players also don't have a whole 100-yard field to practice on anymore. They now have the field split in half with two 50-yard vertical fields. It's definitely a major change from what the team and fans are used to. As for the practice, it was a steamy day outside and the players didn't do much contact due to the new CBA rules. But it was still a pretty good first day, especially when you consider the team had no mini-camps or offseason workouts.

The day started off like any other day. The Bills worked on their individual drills and did the stretches with their units. I tried to keep an eye on the wide receivers and noticed that Stevie Johnson was catching everything thrown his way. Marcus Easley on the other hand dropped a couple. After the individual drills, I noticed something weird. The wide receivers and defensive backs were doing a drill together. They ran a route and had a broom behind their backs. I'm guessing that was so they learned not to use their hands, but I might be wrong..... CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

No problem! Glad you like it! I will try to have more photos and hopefully better ones tonight. I wasn't a fan with how they came out this time.

as someone who lives outta town, i truly appreciate you taking the time to update what happens out there!,again.. thank you!

Thank you a whole lot.I'm another out of towner that wishes he were there.

Your reporting is so great.Its detailed.Please keep up the good work.

I am totally focused on the "D" this year.I love that Batten and Jasper are going full out so far.

I would also like to know what Merriman and Heard are doing.

I'm dreaming of a Dareus,Jasper,Heard goal line stand coming up this year.

Edited by AthensThunder

I almost forgot to share this with you guys. Hope you like it. Leave me any thoughts or comments in the thread. I'm going to take a nap now because I gotta work tonight and go to the night practice.

Michael

Finally! The lockout is over with and so is the fast paced offseason. Now it's time for Buffalo Bills training camp. The Bills had their first practice on the new grass field at St. John Fisher Saturday afternoon. It's a lot different from prior years at camp. There are lots of seats now, fans can sit in the bleachers on the new Track and Field stadium. But they can't hide under the trees anymore to keep cool. The fans are also sitting in end zone seats and don't get the nice sideline action that they were used to. The players also don't have a whole 100-yard field to practice on anymore. They now have the field split in half with two 50-yard vertical fields. It's definitely a major change from what the team and fans are used to. As for the practice, it was a steamy day outside and the players didn't do much contact due to the new CBA rules. But it was still a pretty good first day, especially when you consider the team had no mini-camps or offseason workouts.

The day started off like any other day. The Bills worked on their individual drills and did the stretches with their units. I tried to keep an eye on the wide receivers and noticed that Stevie Johnson was catching everything thrown his way. Marcus Easley on the other hand dropped a couple. After the individual drills, I noticed something weird. The wide receivers and defensive backs were doing a drill together. They ran a route and had a broom behind their backs. I'm guessing that was so they learned not to use their hands, but I might be wrong..... CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Much appreciated,Mike. Great stuff for Bills fans, especially those of us who are out of state.

This is what WGR is supposed to be doing, but I guess it gets in the way of their comedy movie drafts.

PTR

That's not true at all. WGR gave an excellent camp report the other day. I was glad to hear that Sinbad is still looking good in spite of his age. Although I'm a little worried about locker room chemistry. Supposedly a big fight broke out amongst the players after Kathy Ireland kicked someone in the the nuts.

Michael

:thumbsup::thumbsup: THANKS Michael!!! You give us insight that no one else does .... it is really appreciated!

Do you recall who Jasper was pushing around? Was it Wood or Hangman or someone else at C? What number was he wearing? I need a new Jersey...

If it was Wood I am very impressed, if it was Hangman - nothing to get excited about. He is a shopping cart. Appreciate the isnight. Im not from out of town like most, live less than a three min drive to Fisher, btu I appreciate the reports also. I particularly like hearing what teh lineups look like, so if you happen to write another report, let me know who is lining up at LB and such, I didnt see that in their. Thanks.

Edited by Thoner7

Great stuff, Mike!

I wonder if all the strength work that Fitzy put in during the offseason will result in him needing to re-calibrate his arm, so to speak. Seems like Mike was reporting a lot of overthrows, especially on deep balls, so maybe he needs to adjust for the increase in strength and/or arm speed.

Love hearing about A.Williams at the CB spot. Like a lot of you guys, I loved this draft and I have a feeling we found some players on D who will really help us. I was firmly in the camp that wanted the defense improved dramatically, and when you really look at what they did you can see that, while they're very young, the potential is there. Of course, we've been dealing with "potential" for ten years, but I just have a feeling we're making progress with this regime. We have a nice mix of vets and young kids on that side of the ball.

And glad to hear Jaspar is pushing bodies around. I have a manfatuation with him ;)

Quote:5. Michael Jasper is a very big boy and hard to move. He was like a brick wall and had nice push on the center several times. I watched him more than once shove the center or guard back at least 5-yards yards. I look forward to watching him at camp. He might be a sleeper.

Great stuff, Mike! Thank you.

Thank you Michael, as always, outstanding report. Can't tell you how much us 'out of towners' appreciate them.

One request...if you get a chance to focus on the LBs let us know how Batten (and to a lesser degree Merriman) looks.

And of course...more Jasper :D

Thank you Michael, as always, outstanding report. Can't tell you how much us 'out of towners' appreciate them.

One request...if you get a chance to focus on the LBs let us know how Batten (and to a lesser degree Merriman) looks.

And of course...more Jasper :D

Yes! More Big Shadow Mike!

Thanks for the writeup.

Do you recall who Jasper was pushing around? Was it Wood or Hangman or someone else at C? What number was he wearing? I need a new Jersey...

If it was Wood I am very impressed, if it was Hangman - nothing to get excited about. He is a shopping cart. Appreciate the isnight. Im not from out of town like most, live less than a three min drive to Fisher, btu I appreciate the reports also. I particularly like hearing what teh lineups look like, so if you happen to write another report, let me know who is lining up at LB and such, I didnt see that in their. Thanks.

Sorry, I thought I wrote it in the article. It was some scrub named Michael Switzer.

Not sure what the he'll fisher was thinking. They didnt clear it with the Bills first.

Agreed. With all the money that the Bills have donated to that school, I don't know WTF they were thinking either.

Michael

Thanks! Really appreciate the insight.

Hopefully Fitz is just rusty on the long balls and will get it right soon. Maybe he muscled up in the off season and it doesn't take as much Oooomph for him to put the ball out there?

Any comments on Merriman?

Imagine if Jasper is some sort of sleeper hit like Pat Williams or to a lesser extent Jason Peters?

If he can get out of the gate a be a good NT we can then flank out Williams to DE and have a D-line of Williams-Jasper-Dareus and then have Edwards, Troup, Carrington, and Johnson off the bench. That's a deep nasty D-line if Dareus is as advertised and Jasper is some sort of sleeper hit.

I know I am letting my imagination run away with me but hey its training camp (The beginning none the less) that's when you are suppose to have disillusions of grandeur about your team.

Imagine if Jasper is some sort of sleeper hit like Pat Williams or to a lesser extent Jason Peters?

If he can get out of the gate a be a good NT we can then flank out Williams to DE and have a D-line of Williams-Jasper-Dareus and then have Edwards, Troup, Carrington, and Johnson off the bench. That's a deep nasty D-line if Dareus is as advertised and Jasper is some sort of sleeper hit.

I know I am letting my imagination run away with me but hey its training camp (The beginning none the less) that's when you are suppose to have disillusions of grandeur about your team.

This is what I'm hoping for. :D

To the OP, thank you very much for the report, love reading them!

Hopefully Fitzpatrick can get going, though. :(

Michael

Thank You for this!! Great job (as always) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you liked this. I didn't go yesterday, due to some other stuff going on...but I'll be there this afternoon. I'll try to have the report up tonight, but it might not be until tomorrow afternoon.

Awesome report - thanks!!!

(time to change the avatar) :)