We need your help!

SDS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More mods won't solve the problem, it'll take them away from contributing as much as they do.

Find the top 100 or 150 posters, by whatever variables that is, and start a separate invite-only board with those people and let it grow into the place this place can never be. Have one board where those who aren't going to flame, be snippy, act like idiots and generally be a menace, can go and have legit discussions. Any discursive attitudes you get cut out. There is a Red Sox board just like it for just the same reason.

The attitudes here have spoiled my own attitude and how I respond!

Geez do we really need another "Step up or shut up" thread! Can we get a mod to close this thread and ban the poster while we are at it!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

If choosen, my first act as a mod will be to put 95altima on double secret probation for his previous comment

More mods won't solve the problem, it'll take them away from contributing as much as they do.

Find the top 100 or 150 posters, by whatever variables that is, and start a separate invite-only board with those people and let it grow into the place this place can never be. Have one board where those who aren't going to flame, be snippy, act like idiots and generally be a menace, can go and have legit discussions. Any discursive attitudes you get cut out. There is a Red Sox board just like it for just the same reason.

I understand your frustration, zonabb, but who chooses the top 100-150 posters?

Since this is a public forum, with rules and moderators and banishment, as a last resort, the best thing I have learned to do is just ignore the idiots. They THRIVE on ticking you off anyway. After a while, it is background noise if you do not let it bother you.

Yahoo and others have ways to set up your own invitation only groups, if you need to go that route. I prefer to 'separate the wheat from the chaff' myself right here!

Never let someone's poor attitude spoil yours.

Thanks for stepping up everyone. We have a pretty good list to sort through. Maybe we go with more five... Might as well show up to a knife fight with Tomahawk cruise missile. :)

I'd volunteer, but i'm a firm believer in less five myself.

Actually, that's a reason why you would want more mods.

I frequent an Alabama board that is free, open to the public, and heavily moderated.

Insults and discourse are not tolerated, even slightly.

Yes, the mods can be heavy handed, but I can disagree with a poster and not worry about being called a 'moron', 'idiot', etc... because I do not agree with their opinion.

why dont you find 1-2 friends and start that site. your idea is laughable.

and no im not trying to pick a fight. its just not a good suggestion. plain and simple.

dont let another poster ruin your attitude and how you respond. what???

I'll straighten these rat bastards out.

we frown upon the use secret police, propaganda, terror tactics and elimination of criticism of the regime to maintain our power, Saddam. We will consider your application when the political winds turn in the direction of totalitarianism. :pirate:

Ok, we added 6 new Global Moderators. There are a few more I wanted to add, but I want to wait and see if this is enough. We had a tremendous response in this thread and by PM... The new mods are:

Jack

Beerball

BuffaloBill

Chandler#81

bartshan-83

Sisyphean Bills

I could have easily added another 10, but decided to stop there for now. Hopefully this will give us a more active presence where if the tone is always set - then others can follow. We will have more guidelines to follow, so that everyone will know what is and what is no longer acceptable.

Although not set in stone - the basic rule will be somewhat along the lines of - "Write your response like you are talking face to face to someone MUCH bigger than you." :)

More to come...

Ok, we added 6 new Global Moderators. There are a few more I wanted to add, but I want to wait and see if this is enough. We had a tremendous response in this thread and by PM... The new mods are:

Jack

I thank you and the rest of the staff for allowing me this opportunity.

Thanks for stepping up everyone. We have a pretty good list to sort through. Maybe we go with more five... Might as well show up to a knife fight with Tomahawk cruise missile. :)

Great. Bigger government. :ph34r:

Though I'm moderately interested, I'm busy campaigning for lesser at a much larger scale. :beer:

Jack

Beerball

BuffaloBill

Chandler#81

bartshan-83

Sisyphean Bills

I could have easily added another 10, but decided to stop there for now. Hopefully this will give us a more active presence where if the tone is always set - then others can follow. We will have more guidelines to follow, so that everyone will know what is and what is no longer acceptable.

Although not set in stone - the basic rule will be somewhat along the lines of - "Write your response like you are talking face to face to someone MUCH bigger than you." :)

More to come...

Sounds good to me.....but no Cablelady or Promo? Maybe they will be in the next round of additional moderators.