anyone trying to cut out the amount of pop/soda they drink?

The Poojer

i know i have been trying....i have been drinking Sam's Choice Clear American Sparkling Water beverage from wal-mart....zero calories, zero everything on the nutrition label...they come in different flavors....they are really good and at $0.68 for a liter bottle, i am not missing pepsi or other softdrinks at all....the aspertame may kill me, but it can get in line....just an fyi for anyone else struggling to cut stuff out of their diet.....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic could be in the fat thread. About the only time I drink soda is at the monthly company meeting when we order pizza.

For lunch I usually go with water or a Vitamin Water type drink. Dinner is usually beer or wine.

hahahaha....where is the 'fat thread'???? did not know one existed

This topic could be in the fat thread. About the only time I drink soda is at the monthly company meeting when we order pizza.

For lunch I usually go with water or a Vitamin Water type drink. Dinner is usually beer or wine.

My wife puts these packets of 0 calorie flavoring into regular bottled water. Not sure what they're called, but she likes 'em.

I drink a can of Dew in the morning, and then water the rest of the day. About a gallon of water a day -- people make comments when they see how much I drink during a meal. :thumbsup:

My wife puts these packets of 0 calorie flavoring into regular bottled water. Not sure what they're called, but she likes 'em.

I drink a can of Dew in the morning, and then water the rest of the day. About a gallon of water a day -- people make comments when they see how much I drink during a meal. :thumbsup:

That's how I am....I drink a SHITLOAD during a meal.

I stopped drinking pop and started getting those individual packets of Crystal Light or Propel, and just mix with a bottle of water. Good stuff, no calories or sugar.

i know i have been trying....i have been drinking Sam's Choice Clear American Sparkling Water beverage from wal-mart....zero calories, zero everything on the nutrition label...they come in different flavors....they are really good and at $0.68 for a liter bottle, i am not missing pepsi or other softdrinks at all....the aspertame may kill me, but it can get in line....just an fyi for anyone else struggling to cut stuff out of their diet.....

I too started doing this same exact thing back in April or May and I've lost 43lbs. I also stopped eating after 6:00pm, for the most part, every day as well. Those SC Clear drinks are the ticket because my kids still think they are drinking soda, but it's just flavored, cabonated water. :sick:

people struggle to not do alot of things.....may seem like a non-issue to some, but others its a big struggle....much like overeating, taking drugs etc...everyone has their 'demons' to fight......

Do people really "struggle" to not drink soda? :sick:

At least some larger folks order a diet soda to go along with their four cheese burgers and three large orders of fry's. Make sense, no?

0:) Isn't that the truth. "Gimme 2 Big Mac's, Large fry, apple pie, oh they're 2 for a dollar?, I'll take two, and a hot fudge sundae. Oh yeah, and a large diet coke." :sick:

And Scott asked whether people actually "struggle" to not drink it - the answer, as is the case with any addition, is YES.

They maybe I should change that from don't drink it to don't buy it. You can't drink soda/coffee if you don't have any in the house. When I was quitting drinking booze we didn't have any in the house. It was a tough couple of weeks but I made it through.

Lots of people are addicted to caffeine. Coffee and pop (not soda... :thumbsup: ) are the main culprits.

Soda is vice for me and probably why I pack on the extra 20 pounds. Yet, it doesn't have to be caffeinated, I can goes weeks without caffeine. Me it is just a habit and it is cheap... One can pick up a 2 litre for a buck.

I still think abusing soda it is better than alcohol. Unfortunately, they have opposites effects on one's weight. Of course everything in moderation!

Soda is vice for me and probably why I pack on the extra 20 pounds. Yet, it doesn't have to be caffeinated, I can goes weeks without caffeine. Me it is just a habit and it is cheap... One can pick up a 2 litre for a buck.

I still think abusing soda it is better than alcohol. Unfortunately, they have opposites effects on one's weight. Of course everything in moderation!

That's interesting, cause Im the exact opposite. I purposely won't buy a particular soda if there's no caffeine lol

Do people really "struggle" to not drink soda? :thumbsup:

Yes. People drink soda/diet soda for the sugar/caffeine rush to wake them up. It becomes a bad habit. I'm one of them. A few months ago, I started using crystal light with water to cut down on soda. Not totally weaned off soda but getting close.