anyone trying to cut out the amount of pop/soda they drink?

The Poojer

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why you would want to stay away from Virginia Beach. Living in Oregon you're used to rain, cold, rain, wind, and rain. Those sunny beaches here might be too much for you take in

Actually, no. I loved the beaches there. I spent a week in Va Beach back in 2000. Don't you remember that?? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I didn't know we had the role models for the spaceship people in Wall-E.

I mean seriously, is this what we have become as a gender? Grown men grousing about our "pop" addictions? :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure anyone with a "pop" addiction would have been left for dead back in the good 'ol hunting and gathering days.

FWIW, I deal with this type of thing everyday. My 5 year old daughter watches too much SpongeBob and insists on sugary drinks. Maybe y'all could form a support group with her?

I didn't know we had the role models for the spaceship people in Wall-E.

I mean seriously, is this what we have become as a gender? Grown men grousing about our "pop" addictions? :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure anyone with a "pop" addiction would have been left for dead back in the good 'ol hunting and gathering days.

FWIW, I deal with this type of thing everyday. My 5 year old daughter watches too much SpongeBob and insists on sugary drinks. Maybe y'all could form a support group with her?

You mean kinda like this Bills support group?

No need for a support group.

Maybe try the approach that I use. My children won't touch anything soda for the life of them... Even if I made them. The old man is the dumping ground for that toxic sludge.

Sometime you gotta "take one for the team."

I wonder if my town knows about those things. They spent 45.5 Million on a new water filtration plant.

But those are only good for drinking water. We had hard water in OC and our glasses always came out of the dishwasher badly spotted and that was with one of those water softener things inside it. I used to have to polish the glasses every time I used them.

But those are only good for drinking water. We had hard water in OC and our glasses always came out of the dishwasher badly spotted and that was with one of those water softener things inside it. I used to have to polish the glasses every time I used them.

Good point.

At least some larger folks order a diet soda to go along with their four cheese burgers and three large orders of fry's. Make sense, no?

why drink 200 calories and 60 grams of sugar when you could just order an extra item of the dollar menu? <_<

Did you use a water softener in the whole house? You know the ones that soften the whole house and you have to load with NaCl or KaCl. In the OC where did the water come from? From the north? Does LA still get water from the Owens valley?

Actually almost all places in this country are hard water areas... With the exception of say the Northwest (Oregon) and that area of NV and UT where natural ion exchange takes place to remove the minerals.

I don't mine the hardness so much as the clear water iron... Supposedly my town gets water from wells that are on Lake Superior's level... Yes, SUPERIOR... Not the nearby Lake Michigan. I don't know how true that is?? Yet, they say that they have a water supply for the next 1,000 or so years.

My fight against soda was a tough one. Going into the store, when "the man" grab me and force me to pick up a 2 liter of regular Pepsi, and force me to get in line and buy it, and then that B word at the front of the store that forced me, at gunpoint, to drink it.

Also, I had to take my new car back due to the navigation system installed, again by "the man", that forced the vehicle into every McDonalds drive thru, caused my driver seat to zap me in the ass until I ordered a large everything, and then my airbag would deploy to force it down my throat. Loved the car otherwise, buts its ability to overcome my own will was too much for me. I hate the new clunker I drive, but it was built before "the man" could get his dirty hands on it.

My fight against soda was a tough one. Going into the store, when "the man" grab me and force me to pick up a 2 liter of regular Pepsi, and force me to get in line and buy it, and then that B word at the front of the store that forced me, at gunpoint, to drink it.

Also, I had to take my new car back due to the navigation system installed, again by "the man", that forced the vehicle into every McDonalds drive thru, caused my driver seat to zap me in the ass until I ordered a large everything, and then my airbag would deploy to force it down my throat. Loved the car otherwise, buts its ability to overcome my own will was too much for me. I hate the new clunker I drive, but it was built before "the man" could get his dirty hands on it.

You joke...but Pepsi's a gateway drug. You start with Pepsi, then Mountain Dew...and then, before you know it, you're laying in some back alley somewhere trying to score just one more Red Bull.

actually i use them as motivation....they seemingly lead exemplary lives and are able to overcome everything that comes their way....i aspire to be like them....

Pooj-- This is why ^^ you should never really speak your sincere thoughts. Some just totally act like douches and twist it all around. Sad because some have been out of high-school for a ton or years, yet one gets the feeling they are right back in it.

actually i use them as motivation....they seemingly lead exemplary lives and are able to overcome everything that comes their way....i aspire to be like them....

Or maybe it's that in the grand scheme of things, if the biggest thing you have to worry about is your Coca-Cola "addiction", you're leading a charmed !@#$ing life.

And let's be honest, this thread didn't start getting vicious and cynical because of any thing you said. It started when Fezmid implied that Sierra Mist was the equivalent of meth. Drinking three cans of Coke a day isn't an addiction or a demon, it's just a bad habit, like picking your nose or responding to Steely Dan posts.

You joke...but Pepsi's a gateway drug. You start with Pepsi, then Mountain Dew...and then, before you know it, you're laying in some back alley somewhere trying to score just one more Red Bull.

!@#$ing A your right. No more Red Bull in my Vodka ...... after, or when I finish this one.

Or maybe it's that in the grand scheme of things, if the biggest thing you have to worry about is your Coca-Cola "addiction", you're leading a charmed !@#$ing life.

And let's be honest, this thread didn't start getting vicious and cynical because of any thing you said. It started when Fezmid implied that Sierra Mist was the equivalent of meth. Drinking three cans of Coke a day isn't an addiction or a demon, it's just a bad habit, like picking your nose or responding to Steely Dan posts.

The problem is you. Pooj did post this in reply to Fez and Pooj did nail what came to be. Why not let it go instead of piling on?

IMO this should have diffused what Fez said:

i am amazed at some of the condescending, contrarian and argumentative attitudes about a simple post like this. but then again, having been on this board for some time, i guess i really am not too amazed....and before someone jumps on you about your statement about being an addictive drug...jury is pretty split as to whether it is really addictive or not....

Yet you piled on. I am not saying I haven't done my share of piling on, but come on... Call it what it is.

The problem is you. Pooj did post this in reply to Fez and Pooj did nail what came to be. Why not let it go instead of piling on?

IMO this should have diffused what Fez said:

i am amazed at some of the condescending, contrarian and argumentative attitudes about a simple post like this. but then again, having been on this board for some time, i guess i really am not too amazed....and before someone jumps on you about your statement about being an addictive drug...jury is pretty split as to whether it is really addictive or not....

Yet you piled on. I am not saying I haven't done my share of piling on, but come on... Call it what it is.

Listen, if you keep fighting with DC Tom about this, I might just drive to the store and get a large fountain RC Cola... non-diet.

Stress is a big trigger in my battle here, so I'd appreciate it if you'd just stop yelling at Tom.

Thank you.