anyone trying to cut out the amount of pop/soda they drink?

The Poojer

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of the day is water with flavor packets.

That's one thing I've always found odd -- why don't people just drink straight water? Seems like everyone I know wants to add flavor to the water -- isn't the flavor of water good enough?

I guess I should be happy that I like how normal water tastes. :thumbsup:

That's one thing I've always found odd -- why don't people just drink straight water? Seems like everyone I know wants to add flavor to the water -- isn't the flavor of water good enough?

Whenever I start a diet (which I urgently need to do right now) I get sick of drinking water after about three days. It feels like I have to force myself to drink it. The flavor packets help.

I just wanted to let you all know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as face down your demons. I can only begin to imagine what it must be like to face the internal torment that slowly chips away at your health, your family, and your life.

Looking into the eye of Dr. Pepper every day is not something I would wish on anyone and my heart goes out to all of you. May God be with you in your time of need.

those of us that do struggle from time to time with issues that may seem innocuous or trivial to some of you do appreciate your 'heartfelt and sincere' thoughts.

Thoughts go back at you hoping that nothing ever should arise in your life that causes you some distress. But just know that. god forbid something does come up in your lives, there are some of us out here that will listen and or offer advice should it be needed.

I just wanted to let you all know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as face down your demons. I can only begin to imagine what it must be like to face the internal torment that slowly chips away at your health, your family, and your life.

Looking into the eye of Dr. Pepper every day is not something I would wish on anyone and my heart goes out to all of you. May God be with you in your time of need.

those of us that do struggle from time to time with issues that may seem innocuous or trivial to some of you do appreciate your 'heartfelt and sincere' thoughts.

Thoughts go back at you hoping that nothing ever should arise in your life that causes you some distress. But just know that. god forbid something does come up in your lives, there are some of us out here that will listen and or offer advice should it be needed.

Living as a midget's gotta be tough on the little guy. :thumbsup:

He does have an addiction, it's called the Buffalo Bills. How many people do you know that would devote so much time to keeping a fan website going.

Sodas aren't an addiction, they're a habit.

There's a difference.

i know i have been trying....i have been drinking Sam's Choice Clear American Sparkling Water beverage from wal-mart....zero calories, zero everything on the nutrition label...they come in different flavors....they are really good and at $0.68 for a liter bottle, i am not missing pepsi or other softdrinks at all....the aspertame may kill me, but it can get in line....just an fyi for anyone else struggling to cut stuff out of their diet.....

Walmart - the evil empire

try drinking water from the tap

ok, for one thing...i never claimed anything to be an addiction, simply talked about cutting back on something that some have a hard time cutting back on it.....second, there are some pops that have caffeine in it, and i believe caffeine does contribute to or have addictive tendencies.....and it is pretty hard to break habits as well as addictions for some people.....

Sodas aren't an addiction, they're a habit.

There's a difference.

ok, for one thing...i never claimed anything to be an addiction, simply talked about cutting back on something that some have a hard time cutting back on it.....second, there are some pops that have caffeine in it, and i believe caffeine does contribute to or have addictive tendencies.....and it is pretty hard to break habits as well as addictions for some people.....

Yes, caffeine is an addictive drug. But it seems most people on this forum don't believe in addictions. "Just don't do it," and wham, done.

Glad it doesn't work that way in real life, or my wife, who runs a drug/alcohol halfway house, would be out of a job.

i am amazed at some of the condescending, contrarian and argumentative attitudes about a simple post like this. but then again, having been on this board for some time, i guess i really am not too amazed....and before someone jumps on you about your statement about being an addictive drug...jury is pretty split as to whether it is really addictive or not....

Yes, caffeine is an addictive drug. But it seems most people on this forum don't believe in addictions. "Just don't do it," and wham, done.

Glad it doesn't work that way in real life, or my wife, who runs a drug/alcohol halfway house, would be out of a job.

This is easy

Increase the amount of water you drink if any ... just drink an 8oz glass of water 1 to 6 times a day (whatever your comfortable with).

Now I didn't suggest you replace soda with water so ..

your desire for soda will diminish automatically without anguish.

Your welcome :thumbsup:

i am amazed at some of the condescending, contrarian and argumentative attitudes about a simple post like this. but then again, having been on this board for some time, i guess i really am not too amazed....and before someone jumps on you about your statement about being an addictive drug...jury is pretty split as to whether it is really addictive or not....

Yeah, I don't understand people around here either. Whatever.

A couple of interesting articles:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neur...eb3/Howard.html

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=13971

I just assumed it was addicting, due to people complaining about getting headaches and such from not taking it. So while it does have addicting qualities, it isn't technically addicting (at least according to one of the links). Interesting.

Yeah, I don't understand people around here either. Whatever.

A couple of interesting articles:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neur...eb3/Howard.html

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=13971

Amazing. You didn't know what you were talking about. When does that ever happen?

Now crawl back to your "fat people can't help it" thread.

Amazing. You didn't know what you were talking about. When does that ever happen?

Now crawl back to your "fat people can't help it" thread.

Caffeine may not fit the clinical definition of addiction, but that doesn't mean it's easy to stop - there are very serious (sometimes debilitating) side-effects with quitting, making it difficult. Sorry I used the layman's definition of addiction, instead of the DSM-IV's definition. :thumbsup:

Do you really have nothing better to do than to attack people? Seriously, grow up. :thumbsup:

That's interesting, cause Im the exact opposite. I purposely won't buy a particular soda if there's no caffeine lol

I know what you mean... Caffeine is nice... I like the convience of getting a cheap 2 liter of anything... :thumbsup: Then if I only finish half, I heave it out... Most of the time I will finish it over two days maybe more...

Just a sad habit with the high fructose corn syrup. Taste.

NO!

:thumbsup:

Now... I am the only one in my family that really drinks soda. My children are 7 and 11 and don't touch the stuff. They just don't like the carbonation.

Myself... I love the excessive carbonation and the taste that it brings. I hate flat soda.

Back when soda was originated (Dr. Pepper and Coke--- 1880's)... Was carbonation a big part of the appeal??

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

With me... I just don't care... It doesn't chip away at anything. I can still do everything I always did. In the winter I just crank the bindings down even tighter every year.

The only thing that makes this an issue for me is society saying it is an issue... That it isn't in vogue to be a big man. If I want to run out the door right now and do 3 miles, I surley could...

The only thing I am concerned about at 41 is diabetes. So far so good!

He does have an addiction, it's called the Buffalo Bills. How many people do you know that would devote so much time to keeping a fan website going.

Some people can handle the soda. If I was foot shorter at 5-5 or so... I couldn't nearly handle it as well... I would blimp out. God blessed me with height. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Yet, even with that... one can't get complacent because everything will catch up with people as they age.

The water in my town is extremely hard (450 ppm)... Also very high in clear iron with just over 1.0 ppm... We get town water from their wells, not the lake... Water bills are extemely low yet, we have to soften. I use a whole house pre-filter and and post softener filter... Then RO drining water.

Seeing it is DC's birthday and all I posted these cool old Kim Mitchell lyrics in PPP... Enjoy:

Go For a Soda, Original Video

Might as well go for a soda nobody hurts and nobody cries

Might as well go for a soda nobody drowns and nobody dies

So I'm in one of my blue moods

You want to have it your way and I want it mine

All this debating going 'round in a blue mood makes me thirsty for love

Might as well....

Life seems to be a bomb inside of your head

Well, the bomb in my head is love

All this debating going 'round in a blue mood makes me thirsty for love

Might as well....

Might as well go for a soda it's better than slander

It's better than lies

Might as well go for a soda

Oh yeah, nobody hurts nobody cries

Oh yeah, nobody drowns, and nobody dies

It's better than slander, it's better than lies

or live in Northern Ontario. :thumbsup:

Even that is getting polluted or has to be tainted by now!

I would canoe around Algonquin Provincial Park as a child during the late 1970's and into the 1980's and water was already getting sketchy and had to be modified and/or treated... Then again, I guess that isn't too far north!

Even that is getting polluted or has to be tainted by now!

I would canoe around Algonquin Provincial Park as a child during the late 1970's and into the 1980's and water was already getting sketchy and had to be modified and/or treated... Then again, I guess that isn't too far north!

Our water comes from a beautiful fresh water lake in our city, but yes it is treated, but it's as good as it gets out od a tap.