Caleb Williams is off to a rough rookie start

Posted (edited)

I know he’s just getting used to the NFL but I always thought this talk of Caleb being this once in 5 year kinda talent was little off. Everytime I saw him go against a defense with a pulse in college he struggled. Hopefully that isn’t the case for the Bears sake.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

• 78thealltimegreat changed the title to Caleb Williams is off to a rough rookie start
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Justin Fields 2.0.

Justin Fields wishes he could see the field and throw a football like Caleb... Fields has a big arm but lost in lots of areas

Fields had three first round wide receivers in college LOL

Caleb WAS USC... Came back as a true freshman versus Texas when he was at Oklahoma 

He was the truth right out the gate

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know he’s just getting used to the NFL but I always thought this talk of Caleb being this once in 5 year kinda talent was little off. Everytime I saw him go against a defense with a pulse in college he struggled. Hopefully that isn’t the case for the Bears sake.

Never impressed me in big games of USC that I saw, but in fairness it was only a few games

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It's like.....rookie minicamp and what, 3 OTA practices for the guy?  This is just silly.  He really hasn't even HAD a start yet.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We get this type of thread every year. It's not an indicator of anything.

Caveat: I paid zero attention to any QB in the draft. Couldn't care less.

I like the Bears, though.

Yeah, remember the "Mahomes is stinking it up" chatter in the camp before he took over as starter? 

The "Rookie/young QB struggles in camp" and "(Insert fringe player's name here)'s in the best shape of his life. Big jump coming" articles are rampant every year around this time.

• Agree 2

New system, stepping into a league where everyone is the best of the best, and new people to throw the ball to. It will take him some time to get used to the difference in the speed of the game, the tighter windows, and getting to know his teammates. He'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PBF81 said:

We'll see, but he was drafted by the Bears, that's not a good harbinger.  

Reminds me of this cartoon from years ago;  

Thanks for posting. I literally thought of the same cartoon. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Remember when Chase couldn’t catch a football a few years ago? 

This is nothing to even worry about the kid will be fine 

yea you have to be a real jerk to change your opinion of a guy off an OTA practice having a couple errant balls.

if you thought he was a bum with major accuracy issues I get feeling some confirmation if he’s sailing passes but…. Pretty complete prospect having a mediocre practice l? Pfffffft.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, H2o said:

New system, stepping into a league where everyone is the best of the best, and new people to throw the ball to. It will take him some time to get used to the difference in the speed of the game, the tighter windows, and getting to know his teammates. He'll be fine.

Ive always said if a guy throws zero picks in practice that’s kind of a concern itself. You can’t be an idiot out there all the time but sometimes you have to actually take the learning reps and that’s by far the best place to see what you can and can’t get away with, right?

obviously you want to see lots of success but having zero fails means you probably aren’t pushing yourself much either. There’s a balance there.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Remember when Chase couldn’t catch a football a few years ago? 

This is nothing to even worry about the kid will be fine 

No, but I remember the reports of all the interceptions that Mahomes kid was throwing after Kansas City wasted picks to move up and get him.

• Like (+1) 4