Von Miller +25,000 DPOY Odds

7 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

The Von Miller that had 8 sacks in 11 games was 'only' 33 years old and was not coming off a major knee injury. 

The 2024 Von Miller is 35 years old and coming off a major knee injury.

I'd put the betting line for his sack total on the season at 4.5

Yeah... this line of argument is silly.  It looks at age in a vacuum rather than looking at the player individually.

He was fantastic at 33 when he was on the field and healthy at 33.  Last season was the year he was "coming off a major knee injury."  At this point... what is at the moment 1 1/2 years separate from that injury and will be almost 2 full years separate from that injury once the season starts, I don't even think the injury is a factor in this equation.  It's entirely age.  And I've given my argument about the age thing already.  He showed no signs of slowing down last time he was on the field and healthy in 2022 at 33 years old.

4.5???  Wanna make a friendly wager that he gets more than that?

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

Most dlines rotate in the NFL. People who think the Bills are unique by rotating just don't understand how common it is. Not saying that is you, but I see a lot of people complaining about the dline rotation.

True, but with players like Watt, Bosa, Garret, etc... teams don't rotate them. Those guys are 3-4 down players and typically only come out for a breather. We don't have that guy. Even if Miller returns to form, with his age and injuries, he will be rotated like everyone else to keep him fresh into post-season.

2 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Serious Question - Can Von Miller bet on himself here, or is that against league rules? I'd be genuinely curious if this were allowed, how many players would bet on themselves to win certain awards... 

Like Herc said - chances are slim to none that any of our defensive linemen are considered for this, but i'd still be curious!

why not?  He certainly has $100 to throw away on this bet...

Just now, Herc11 said:

True, but with players like Watt, Bosa, Garret, etc... teams don't rotate them. Those guys are 3-4 down players and typically only come out for a breather. We don't have that guy. Even if Miller returns to form, with his age and injuries, he will be rotated like everyone else to keep him fresh into post-season.

Yeah, we don't have that kind of player. But we've seen Ed Oliver's snap percentage increase as he has gotten better and better. I would assume that if we had an elite guy, he'd get pretty high snaps too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You put $100 in and he explodes....you get yourself a new kitchen.

Here's the list of latest odds for all the NFL.

If Watt stays healthy, I think he wins it.  He's just too good.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/defensive-player-year-odds/

You’d have a better chance of burying a $100 bill in your yard and a money tree sprouting.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Serious Question - Can Von Miller bet on himself here, or is that against league rules? I'd be genuinely curious if this were allowed, how many players would bet on themselves to win certain awards... 

Like Herc said - chances are slim to none that any of our defensive linemen are considered for this, but i'd still be curious!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525p1qbr8gqpw2ahwvqv

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

In a way Von is betting on himself this season, by voluntarily reworking his contract to lower his guaranteed $$ and replace with incentive-based bonuses. But at way worse odds than the DPOY prop.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah... this line of argument is silly.  It looks at age in a vacuum rather than looking at the player individually.

He was fantastic at 33 when he was on the field and healthy at 33.  Last season was the year he was "coming off a major knee injury."  At this point... what is at the moment 1 1/2 years separate from that injury and will be almost 2 full years separate from that injury once the season starts, I don't even think the injury is a factor in this equation.  It's entirely age.  And I've given my argument about the age thing already.  He showed no signs of slowing down last time he was on the field and healthy in 2022 at 33 years old.

4.5???  Wanna make a friendly wager that he gets more than that?

There's a BIG difference between age 33 and age 35 for edge rushers. If statmuse is correct there's been 19 seasons in NFL history where a player age 35+ had 10+ sacks. 

There's also a big difference between 10+ sacks and the 4.5 line I came up with. 

Von Miller is a washed up bum though so i'll take the under.

Wager: 100 units of pride

I'll bump the thread in January to celebrate if I win, or earlier If I lose to eat some crow. 

15 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

There's a BIG difference between age 33 and age 35 for edge rushers. If statmuse is correct there's been 19 seasons in NFL history where a player age 35+ had 10+ sacks. 

There's also a big difference between 10+ sacks and the 4.5 line I came up with. 

Von Miller is a washed up bum though so i'll take the under.

Wager: 100 units of pride

I'll bump the thread in January to celebrate if I win, or earlier If I lose to eat some crow. 

What evidence do you have to suggest that Von Miller is a washed up bum???

I'm confused.  Are you putting out that state about 10+ sacks for 35+ players because you think it proves something?  If it does, I think it proves my point more than yours.

Posted (edited)

I think many are missing the real opportunity which is for a mere twenty-five grand, you can be almost assured of winning a 25,100 bucks!

Edited by mbs
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Against league rules.  Big time

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

CPOY may be achievable if he hit double digit sacks.

Pffft. He didn’t even die on the field last year. 

41 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

$4 gets me 100k?

I mean the odds gotta be better than powerball. Ive wasted more than that on powerball

It gets you $1000.  The numbers are based on betting $100.

• Thank you (+1) 1