RG3 Interview with Keon Coleman

3 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Watch them wings, Keon! Deep fried, fatty skin, tossed with mostly butter ... doused in blue cheese ... served with deep-fried carbs ... and washed down with beer.

Can't really think of a more unhealthy (and satisfying) meal. 

There's the celery, though. Dipped in more blue cheese. 

Keon doesn’t partake in alcohol. He’s better than us.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ll add this here: Joe Marino had a guest on his show who talked about the Coleman pick. He openly admitted he immediately texted Joe “I don’t like this pick for you,” but then studied up Joe Brady’s offense more the following day. 

That guest, who I don’t believe was a Bills fan, changed his mind after what he saw from what Brady’s style is and said Coleman is a perfect fit. 

I've done a complete 180 on Coleman.  Think this dude has as good a chance as anyone to be WR1 in this Draft, especially given the QB he's paired with.

That being said, I can't help but cringe at the bolded part..  Daboll to Dorsey, now Brady.. we're never going to have more than 2-3 years of consistency at OC either way.  They'll either go the way of Daboll or go the way of Dorsey.. and getting guys to fit a scheme just makes me a bit uneasy with that knowledge. 

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely loved his answer on pushing through arms in basketball then saying its just like that in football.  You put your arm in there, either you are going to take it or you are going to break it, lol.

Dude has the Louisiana country slang and vibe, where some might think "another Leodis McKelvin" but Coleman (from his interviews I have seen) is very intelligent and just a good genuine dude.  Hope that stays throughout his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I hope Coleman can remain the happy-go-lucky guy throughout his career.  

It's not too long ago when Tre White showed up with his big fun personality.  Then he got injured, and his fun side got injured as well.  I'm not saying it wouldn't have destroyed me either, but Tre was never the same after the first injury.  He rarely did media stuff after that.  Mentally it must've been hell.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rarely discussed but I think the league would be better if RGIII had made it.  He’s a really interesting dude.

I loved his daily press conferences during his knee rehab to address whatever nonsense resulted from that morning's panel show or to rebut something that was shared on twitter.   

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Nah, if you don't love to eat, you can't be Buffalo. Food, the Bills, pray God, the Sabres, it's what we do.

Addendum, and if you listen to the conversation in context, the fella is very focused and bright. This is not someone who is indulgent, but actually pretty wise about allowing a small amount of comfort food into a diet that is not foolish. Not taking care of himself and getting out-of-shape is not going to be one of his vices.

One thing people don't realize is that Buffalo at one point had the highest number of churches per capita in the entire US...not sure if they still do, but I know they are still pretty high up there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Opelousas, Louisiana, Coleman's hometown, has a population of 16K but it has produced Devery Henderson, Ceedee Lamb, and now Coleman over the past couple of decades. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opelousas,_Louisiana

As for food, Paul Prudhomme is from there! Also, Clifton Chenier, maybe the most famous zydeco musician ever.

Surprised KC doesn't like gumbo, but maybe he's sick of it.

• Like (+1) 3

I really enjoyed this interview. I was impressed with how easy he went over plays and remembered everything about it. I loved when he talked about his second TD against LSU and how it was a play he wanted the coaches to run. "There was an option to run into the middle of the field, I'm not worried about any of that. Straight fade, let's go up and get it." We need Allen to get comfortable with Keon and learn to trust him and let Keon make plays while covered.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I could see this kid being a captain in the future. He's got a personality that people gravitate towards and he shows he can keep it fun and lighthearted while still being focused and all about the game. 

I let the negativity get at me when the pick was first announced. I got caught up in the "he can't separate" thing more than the 4.6 40. But then you see the game film and see that the skill and potential is there. Combine that with the character and the fact that he's gonna have a top QB throwing to him in a system that's gonna play to his strengths and it's not difficult to get pretty psyched up for this dude. 

I'm not usually one to make any kind of predictions, it's all "wait and see" at this point but I just get the vibe that he's gonna end up being one of the best WRs from this draft class. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I hope Coleman can remain the happy-go-lucky guy throughout his career.  

It's not too long ago when Tre White showed up with his big fun personality.  Then he got injured, and his fun side got injured as well.  I'm not saying it wouldn't have destroyed me either, but Tre was never the same after the first injury.  He rarely did media stuff after that.  Mentally it must've been hell.

I also think that the Covid season and some of the divisions within the team over that issue messed a lot with Tre's enjoyment of the game.  He seemed like he reluctantly played in 2020 (but played great) and then the injury followed in 2021.  I hope he finds his groove again in LA.  He was just a really good, talented guy.

14 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rarely discussed but I think the league would be better if RGIII had made it.  He’s a really interesting dude.

i didn't like him as a player- he was over hyped by the league,  but appreciate him now. 

18 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

He's got a personality that people gravitate towards and he shows he can keep it fun and lighthearted while still being focused and all about the game. 

the anti Diggs 

I'll have to listen to this later (probably when prepping food for tomorrow) but it matches what I saw in the press conference.

We will see about his football ability, but he seems grounded and has a wry wit that I can appreciate