Esiason, Simms out at CBS Sports

dpberr

With the CBS crew I am guessing Nate will take over as the host once JB retires or is let go by CBS. I actually liked the CBS crew. I prefer that over FOX and not just because CBS focuses primarily on the AFC. As for FOX Terry and Jimmy should retire. The rest of them are OK.

• Agree 1

I like Sims when he’s on with Mad Dog.  Seuss on I can take or leave.  Ryan seems like he’ll be good, but will JJJ Watt be there each week?  Watt, Ryan and Burleson along with Coach is a solid group.  And I think the talent of JB (Menafee as well) is very underrated.  To balance out conversations and move things along in a studio like that is not easy.

19 hours ago, H2o said:

Half the time Simms and Esiason just took shots at each other. Now they can go argue in Hardee's every Friday morning for breakfast if they want to continue the tradition. 

That's the best part of their broadcast. While they're cordial on air, they definitely don't like each other. Boomer was always trying to bully Phil, they had to have their chairs moved cause Phil didn't like Boomer rough housing him all the time lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Interesting.  The Fox NFL Sunday is still rolling deep with Terry and Jimmy despite both being terrible.  

They are terrible, especially Terry B. Time to put him on the shelve.

19 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think they must appeal to a certain demographic, by which I mean the guys who grew up watching Bradshaw as a QB and admiring Jimmy Johnson as a coach.

Fox wants to stick with that demographic, while CBS wants to update from Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason.

The Google Webs will tell you the exact opposite in terms of the Fox Network demographic and the CBS Network demographic.  Now, I’m no marketing guy, but some comments made me curious.   Browse at your own pace and consistent with your own tastes.

12 minutes ago, babulator said:

That's the best part of their broadcast. While they're cordial on air, they definitely don't like each other. Boomer was always trying to bully Phil, they had to have their chairs moved cause Phil didn't like Boomer rough housing him all the time lol.

Actually, they are friends. Boomer has mentioned many times on his WFAN show that he and Simms are good friends. 

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Well, for a guy supposedly that dumb, ol' Terry has done pretty well for himself ... 4 SB rings, HOF, and a second successful career in broadcasting.

And his career in broadcasting goes back all the way to the 1980s and then the 90s....almost 40 years in broadcasting...

• Like (+1) 1

Simms and Boomer are still sharper than Bradshaw by a long shot.  It was sad last year watching Terry do the halftime highlights.  He couldn't follow along or explain what was happening on the screen.  He needs to retire, he's not funny anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

Too bad IMO. Simm's show with Chris Russo on Sirius Football Fridays is a must listen for me and part of my Autumn weekend ritual. I like Phil.

The Phil / Boomer dynamic is perhaps an inside joke for people down here who are more exposed to them. I have it on good authority that they are pretty good friends.

Being in NY Metro area and originally from LI Boomer has become a bit of a blowhard on WFAN. Like....Carton went to Jail and Boomer in the mornings got worse.

I've cut ties with FAN. All Sirius now.

Edited by Olliemets
spellimg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Boomer never did anything as player or announcer to impress me. Simms has won something meaningful and is a good analyst. I would put Jimmy Johnson as the best football mind ever over BB. Terry is the worst attention addict I've ever seen. 

Edited by stuvian

4 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

NFL is becoming one big circus act. I refuse to watch pregame or post-game shows.  Pretty soon I probably won't even be watching football. 

I get your point, and feel the same way many weekends. Then watch a great game and I forget all about the outside noise and remember why I love the game. I feel like most people expressing the sentiment that you are end up doing the same as me.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm seeing opinions here about the likes and dislikes from y'all about the pre and post-game commentators. I can't understand why anyone still watches those guys.

Years ago, before the internet, those shows were the most current sources for information leading up to the games and analysis following the games. Now, there are a multitude of outlets to get information without wasting time listening to that clown show.

Just my opinion. I rarely watch the pre-game shows. Occasionally, some post game for game recaps and highlights.  

It doesn't matter to me one bit who is on the desk.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Actually, they are friends. Boomer has mentioned many times on his WFAN show that he and Simms are good friends. 

Yeah, 'Spy vs. Spy' type friends. 🤨

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Terrel Owens would be fun.

I'll see your TO, and raise you an 'AB'.  And don't exclude Leodis McKelvin from consideration. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1