New Bills WR. Former Lion Quintez Cephus

MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So this has to tell us that the Bills viewed Cephus as a better low cost investment than a Day 3 WR?  

Beane clearly had this in the works yesterday and mentioned it in his press conference. 

I just don’t get it.

After Coleman, Samuel & Shakir, we have JAG’s battling it out for 4-6. 

But you can say that just about any other WR room too though. 

the WR room is going to be in transition to the new offense and is being built as such. But with the tight cap it will likely be a multi year Reshape of the WR room. 

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Translation available?

Sure a group of fans are going to fall in love with Cephus. Just like Shorter. And they will likely be arguing all camp on which one makes the team. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Isn’t that the case with most teams’ WR corps though? I mean what team honestly has pro bowlers at WR4-6?

Don’t need a pro-bowler, I just think we need 4 legitimate WR’s. 

We have 3 currently.

Mack Hollins a solid WR5.   WR4 puts him in the rotation, which isn’t where I think he should be. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Isn’t that the case with most teams’ WR corps though? I mean what team honestly has pro bowlers at WR4-6?

Not 4-6, but we're 1 injury away from potential disaster.  

I've been saying it for years, but there's no way Beane would have drafted Chase the year after Higgins or most recently, Odunze after already having Moore and Allen on the roster.

That's problematic for me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Underwhelming, but are the daily doom sayers really throwing a fit over DJ Chark now lol?

Look, I get he may have won you a fantasy football game 5 years ago but there’s not much daylight at all between Cephus and Chark in 2024.. Crying because this guy isn’t DJ Chark is frankly pathetic. We’re like an argument away from some of you pounding the table for Adam Humphries at this rate.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, zevo said:

LMAO. It is incredible how the fanbase has been brainwashed into 40 times. 

Is it about 40 times? I thought it was about adding good players with speed. That’s something I think would help this team, especially compared with adding good players who are not fast by NFL standards. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty low I am guessing. Low risk signing. There are a couple other on the roster already like him. 

Appreciate the insight Bobby. 👍 

It was a joke referencing the gambling though. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I would love to know who in the pro personnel dept is pounding the table for guys like Cephus and Hollins.  This is the worst group of receivers I’ve ever seen.  It’s almost comical.

You need to watch other teams if you think this is the worst we’ve ever had. 

Its a downgrade from last season, but it’s not like we are running David Nelson and TJ Yeldon out there again 

• Agree 1

If people thought it was a guy who was a current free agent then they’re lost. You don’t work out guys who played at a decent level last year. You work out a guy who has not played in awhile. At least people now have that answer 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I would love to know who in the pro personnel dept is pounding the table for guys like Cephus and Hollins.  This is the worst group of receivers I’ve ever seen.  It’s almost comical.

Not quite as bad as the rag-tag group they put around Josh his rookie year, but pretty uninspiring. It’s like they are allergic to going all in and leaving no stone unturned to help Josh. But, boy, I’ll be damned if McD doesn’t make sure his defense doesn’t have any holes. That same defense that disappears year after year in the playoffs. 

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You must have missed Josh Allen’s rookie season.

Now THAT was the worst WR room anyone has ever seen, outside the 1984 Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

At what point does Josh tell Beane and McD to F off? Incredible that this is their solution rather than just drafting another one. I guess none of these receivers in the draft looked as promising as Boogie Basham so it wasn’t worth the double dip. 🤦‍♂️

Josh isn’t going to tell anyone to F off.  He’s going to prove this year that his was the bigger reason for Diggs’ success, much like many other receivers that have had their best years playing with Josh.  MVP-caliber season ahead.

• Like (+1) 2