This may be Beans best draft ever. I loved every pick

2 minutes ago, Buckets said:

You can tell a lot about the draft when one of the highlights is "we got more picks next year"

lol dude, we picked the same amount of players and got an extra 4. I loved the way Beane weaved through this draft

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buckets said:

You can tell a lot about the draft when one of the highlights is "we got more picks next year"

Extra picks are always great Mr Sunshine.  And IMO Beane nailed the draft.  The extra picks is the cherry on top

19 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Your posts are too hard to read

do not waste your time reading that drivel.  Life is too short

This isn’t a draft to get excited for, in a traditional way, but it was (probably) exactly what the doctor ordered. I appreciate the philosophy used this off-season and am completely on board with setting the table for next year (2025). 

If things go well we will make a playoff run this year. It will be superbowl or bust in 2025. 

IF josh was going to miss time with an injury in his career, this would be the year to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bills6969 said:

BuT hE dIdn’T pRiOriTize WRs tHat cAn geT seParAtIoN  

That’s like not prioritizing “pass rushers that can rush the passes” or “offensive linemen who can block.” Imagine living in a world where you don’t think it’s an important skill for a WR to get open. 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

This. I remember when I used to fall for their crap too. Now it’s just the same old crap every year. While I do like some of the picks in this draft, I can’t help but feel like we are definitely rebuilding. Just sucks we’re dealing with this in the middle of having the best player that will ever wear a bills uniform. Such a waste 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

While I definitely fall more on your side about this draft.... every team that has an elite QB for 10-15 years has to have at leadt one reset in that time. Because other position players don't age as well as Quarterbacks. New England had reload years with Brady. They still won their division and made the playoffs because the AFC East was a disaster zone. New Orleans had three 7-9 years in a row in the middle of Brees. Green Bay missed the playoffs twice mid-Rodgers. It is inevitable.

Personally I expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year. But I don't think it is a Superbowl window year. Though as I said last night 2022 was supposed to be that for the Chiefs and their rookies all balled out and they won the Superbowl anyway. 

I do believe the terms “reset” or “reload” are more appropriate than “rebuild.”  The Bills don’t have to rebuild anything; they still have a very talented roster and the most important piece in place.  I posted earlier this offseason, as players were being released and traded, that it made no sense to try and “run it back” again with the same guys who couldn’t get to the promised land.  The injection of fresh young talent and a few veteran FAs was needed.  We gave it our best shot with those guys and now it’s time to reset the standard with the next group.

The Bills should still be the AFCE favorites because they have the best QB (sorry Aaron) and best coach.  I don’t study the draft enough to have a strong opinion on anyone they selected; I’m good with trusting the guys paid to make those decisions because the Bills are obviously in good hands.

I’m very excited to see all of the competition and new energy all of these young guys will bring to training camp.  I’m not at all expecting this to be a “disappointing” or “wasted” season.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

We can all b!tch and moan or praise a draft when the selections are made, but….

the ONLY WAY to know is when these kids hit the field. FACT

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

plus a cpl likely comp picks.. good job indeed.. 

You mean comp picks to NE. 😁

21 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

This isn’t a draft to get excited for, in a traditional way, but it was (probably) exactly what the doctor ordered. I appreciate the philosophy used this off-season and am completely on board with setting the table for next year (2025). 

If things go well we will make a playoff run this year. It will be superbowl or bust in 2025. 

IF josh was going to miss time with an injury in his career, this would be the year to do it. 

What the hell, don't even think those thoughts. It's bad juju.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s like not prioritizing “pass rushers that can rush the passes” or “offensive linemen who can block.” Imagine living in a world where you don’t think it’s an important skill for a WR to get open. 😂😂

Apparently one is an ignorant yahoo for being concerned about it. They went into one of the deepest drafts at WR and took one shot.

That fella may turn out well, and I sure hope he does, but separation is an issue -- this after Beane explicitly said they were looking to be more explosive and that separation was a criteria for improving the WR room.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

added a 4th next year, and we already added a 2nd for Diggs. 

Next season the Bills have picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7 and we have cap room!  Nice job Big Baller Beane!

1,2,2,3,4,4,4,5,6,6,7 with the two anticipated comp picks 

• Like (+1) 1

The problem people have is there was no 2nd WR early. The fans on this board wanted to drive the brand new Ferrari off the lot even if it might be defective  but instead got the Honda CRV that isn’t exciting but will get the job done a lot longer 

• Agree 1

All we can do is judge based on positional value, who they selected and their projections, but in doing so…

If Keon Coleman is the next Tee Higgins, I agree that this has a chance to be an elite class. 

Got the next anchor of our Secondary in Cole Bishop.  A rotational DT with pass rush ability (which is important in our scheme).   Don’t love RB in RD4, but Ray Davis is definitely a good player & the offense doesn’t need to shift much when he’s in the game as he’s an excellent receiving back. 

RD5 is where this draft class may seal the deal.  Similar to Torrence, we got a steal on the OL who slipped due to lack of position flex - Van Pran is a RD3 talent and could push to start pretty soon.   Solomon as a designated pass rusher could be an absolute demon off the edge in passing downs & it’s about time we jumped on this trend (see Bryce Huff types). 

Thats 6 guys who I think may make contributions as early as this year.

Daequan Hardy has a good shot at making the roster with strong slot corner tape and massive punt return ability.   And we drafted a linebacker who will give us more young, athletic depth and be a core special teams. 

8 guys who probably make the 53.   Some potential difference makers.  Picked up an extra 4th next year.  

A lot to be excited with for this draft.. even from someone like me that really hopes there’s more to the plan at WR for this year.  Because we look good almost everywhere else on this roster. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

1,2,2,3,4,4,4,5,6,6,7 with the two anticipated comp picks 

How are the bills getting a 4th for gabe davis when edmunds and his monster contract got them only a 4th? Davis’s 3 years / $39 million deal is really not that much, and given the Samuel signing (3/24), I honestly expect a 5th at best and maybe even a sixth.

Best Draft. No. I mean it could be but its a little rich to say right now. 

I dont like the doom and gloom posters. Mostly because I dont think they have a clue what they're talking about and base opinions on their personal Madden Franchises.

Beane set the Bills up for a fantastic 2025 FA and draft. 

I think Beane got a lot of solid guys in this draft who are going to start. 

Next year Edge, Corner and either IOL and receiver must be their first 3 picks. Id rather trade for an established edge like the Giants did with Brian Burns.