Rd 5, Pick 168: Edge Javon Solomon, Troy

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Tell Milano and Benford they have to leave then.  

You could argue this is where the really good teams separate themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I really want to be happy with so much here, but I’ll have that knot in my stomach until I see how Coleman looks. 

They got the right Josh, so I’ll just be hopeful that they got the right WR. 

Honestly, they've been pretty good at scouting WRs. I fault them for never making it a huge priority, but when they've drafted receivers (including TEs) the prospects have turned out good.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Production over size. Sounds about right for end of 5th round. This is another need pick imo. 

All picks are need picks, it can’t be argued otherwise,

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, but all Beane has done is trade down. All these other GMs are going up to get players they think are worth it but obviously Beane sees something else that he's cool letting them take their pick from them. I just think it's weird. He could be a lot smarter than these other GMs. I'm not pretending to know more than Beane as an "armchair GM". I just found it interesting 

I had to reread that. I thought you said "I love this prick" lol

No they aren't all moving up as for everyone that is moving up means another one is moving down.

Many articles prior to draft said overall a weak draft as players stayed in school because of NIL $$ ans there was s2nd reason that I don't recall.   Think it may have been 6th year of eligibility due to COVID??

So Beane feels overall weak draft so move down.  I'm traveling today so not paying close attention, but thought I saw a post that he picked up a 2025 pick, so maybe he feels next year will be stronger.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

All picks are need picks, it can’t be argued otherwise,

I think some picks are really more just best player on your board. This draft it seemed a lot like we passed on better players available to take guys at need positions. Like, we had some gaping holes at WR, S, back up DL and RB, and C. Lo and behold we wind up draftng basically in that order. 

If you go back through Beane's other drafts, it's felt more like a mix between BPA and need. Edit: I'm not criticizing either. We had to do it, and for the most part I really like who we picked, Soloman included.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, I dont want to fall into the trap of your first post, but Benford, Dane Jackson, Poyer (7th round), and Hyde (5th round), all say otherwise.

Matt Milano was a 5th, Kyle Williams was a 5th, Stevie Johnson was a 7th, Nacua was a 5th, Purdy was a 7th, Brady was a 6th, Gabe Davis was a 5th. 

13 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

Matt Milano was a 5th, Kyle Williams was a 5th, Stevie Johnson was a 7th, Nacua was a 5th, Purdy was a 7th, Brady was a 6th, Gabe Davis was a 5th. 

You had me until Gabe Davis. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

• SDS changed the title to Rd 5, Pick 168: Edge Javon Solomon, Troy

I love this pick!  His interview was great.  I really liked all of todays picks.  Every draft pick that was interviewed today had awesome attitudes.  They all are humble and hungry and love to study film and they all love to play football and most were captains.  Every one of then has Bills DNA. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Well we just got a next years 4th. That’s actually good value. Get another 4th. Package those with your 2nd from Diggs. Along with your own 2nd. Your 1st. Get into the top 5 and get an actual good WR next year. 

hell, at the rate we’re going this year we’ll be somewhere around 15 next draft so it won’t be that much of a move. 

Wait. what?

19 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Corey Moore broke Bruce Smith sack record at Virginia Tech.

He' gonna be our best pick hands down

56 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I like it, actually better pick than Chop Robinson for Mia.  This guy is productive.  

Yeah, I like our value here better than Mia taking Chop at 21.

We will see, but I won't be stunned to see Solomon put up 8 sacks as a rookie.  He's ready to go as a situational rusher.

• Like (+1) 1