Rd 4, Pick 128: RB Ray Davis, Kentucky

From Bob McGinn’s draft files:

6. RAY DAVIS, Kentucky (5-8 ½, 208, 4.52, 3-4): In a five-year career at three schools he led Temple in rushing twice, Vanderbilt once and Kentucky once. “He runs hard as *****,” one scout said. “He’s a f------ load. He’s productive, and they (Kentucky) never have an O-line. Never. I don’t know where he goes but every time I saw him on tape he was making yards.” One of 15 children, he spent much of his youth living in homeless shelters and foster care. “Three transfers – I didn’t want to like the guy because of all the transfers,” a second scout said. “The difference between him and Corum is this guy is more explosive. Made some one-handed catches. Height is the only problem. That and he does take a little punishment. I would rather have Corum because I know what he does play after play, but this guy is tough and more explosive. He’ll be 25 (in November).” Finished with 746 carries for 3,626 (4.9) and 29 TDs plus 94 catches, including an FBS high of seven touchdown receptions for a RB in 2023. “I like him way more than Wright,” said a third scout. “Tough, tough, determined, competitive, strength, explosiveness.” From San Francisco.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a beast 

How so? He looks like just another guy in his highlights, more like a free agent or camp fodder than a fourth-round pick. Not fast, big, or elusive. Sort of a dulled-down Singletary. What are you (and the Bills) seeing that I'm not? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

How so? He looks like just another guy in his highlights, more like a free agent or camp fodder than a fourth-round pick. Not fast, big, or elusive. Sort of a dulled-down Singletary. What are you (and the Bills) seeing that I'm not? 

His film I guess? I watched him in person 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, stevestojan said:

Beane is drafting like he has a lifelong contract with the Bills. We have so much need and RB is not one. 

They did need a RB2. They also needed S, DT, WR. The whole draft has been about need.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1