Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I betcha Miami takes Washington and KC takes Flournoy. That's life, as a Bills fan 😭

Again, anyone we're taking here has a Year 1 ceiling as either playing Justin Shorter off the roster or more likely being this year's Justin Shorter as a Red Shirt Rookie. I don't understand your urgency to fill the last WR roster spot with a Late Day 3 Pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Hoping we pick Bub Means from Pitt, just for the name alone. But he looks like a baller too. 

If Flourney is Dollar Tree Aiyuk, Means is Dollar General Deebo.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What a weird draft. 

Not bad.. just weird. 

Everything we’re doing makes complete sense.  We’ve added 3 potential starters at WR, S and C, along with a rotational DT and RB.  

Just very business like.  Nothing aggressive.  No real gambles.  Not much boom or bust.. just good players at positions of need, yet nothing that really moves the needle when it comes to Josh trying to slay Mahomes, while fighting off other teams like HOU, NYJ and BAL. 

Yeah, this is why I'm....underwhelmed, I guess. Kind of disappointed.

Yes, we drafted players at areas of need. We needed a WR, S, C, DT, RB, and we got all of those. Great.

But as I've said multiple times this offseason, I've thought for a while now that we lack difference makers. We lack elite talent around Josh. Guys that can step up in big moments. Blue chippers.

This draft...sure doesn't seem like it provided any hope for that type of player. Coleman doesn't scream "Alpha WR1". Maybe Bishop turns into a playmaking safety, but a hard hitting SS is rarely the big difference maker for a football team. I'll bet the center and DT are pretty good players, but they won't move the needle.

I feel like the Bills -- at best -- spun their wheels this season. At worst, I think their roster got worse. I think our WR corps is worse. I think our defense will be worse. 

Whereas, say, KC got a guy who -- by virtue of his field-tilting speed -- could change the entire way teams defend their offense and have a big trickle-down effect...the Bills got an X receiver who seems like he'll be...fine, maybe?

I think I had hope that the Bills would be Super Bowl contenders again this year by virtue of some bold moves to surround Josh with a playmaker or two. Instead, I look at this draft and the 2025 cap space and capital they've collected, and it all screams "two year retooling project" and "2024 is a soft punt". 

So yeah...the Bills filled needs. They got players that look...fine. Some will probably be good. But I'm sick of taking safe picks that fill needs. I wanted a big swing or two, and the Bills didn't make one. I don't see any realistic way they overtake KC or can be viewed as legitimate Super Bowl contenders this year, and that's disappointing to me.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Who cares? None of them have Josh who will elevate anyone we put out there. And as Mahomes just proved, that's all that really matters. Texans are interesting tho. Not worried about anyone else.

Bravado.

Wish I had the ability for blind faith.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Is there any logic to drafting a WR at this point?

Appeasing a bunch of angry internet fans?

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Bravado.

Wish I had the ability for blind faith.

Go enjoy some birthday cake, maybe you'll feel better. (seriously, hfbd :thumbsup:)

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Again, anyone we're taking here has a Year 1 ceiling as either playing Justin Shorter off the roster or more likely being this year's Justin Shorter as a Red Shirt Rookie. I don't understand your urgency to fill the last WR roster spot with a Late Day 3 Pick. 

You've never had a mosquito bite that you just can't reach? THAT'S what waiting this long for a WR feels like. I've gone well beyond reason, at this point.

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You're understanding the potential issue there, yes

Of course, but I put the odds above 75% based on what we've seen from Kincaid/Shakir down the stretch and how Shakir worked last offseason to refine his route running/burst.

On top of that, we're counting on Joe Brady doing a better job than Dorsey, scheming and designing plays.  I'd say that is definitely a much better chance, given what we saw with Brady....basically inheriting Dorsey scheme and running it better than him.   Now we see Brady design what he actually wants