What can we expect on day 3?

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course there are outliers. But they're generally the exception and not the rule. 

If you're taking a guy who's talented, but still on the board in Round 4 - they're generally the very definition of "Boom or Bust". If the league felt Troy Franklin had little to no potential of not working out, he'd have been taken by now. It's obvious that they do think he's far from a sure thing.

For whatever reason, players always slip through the cracks every year. I wouldn’t even call it an “exception,” it’s more so the “norm.” Whatever those reasons, real contributors can be had in any round and even undrafted. I like Franklin, the league has its reasons for not selecting him thus far, but if he does go on to be a real contributor I wouldn’t be surprised just because he’s picked in the 4th or 5th or wherever. Amon Ra St Brown just signed one of the heftiest WR extensions in history and he was picked in the 4th. We should know by now there are no sure things even if players are called “can’t miss.” 

I fully expect the Franklin suckoff fest to continue until some other team finally drafts him and puts dozens of posters here out of their misery. In fact I’d bet my house on it, especially since comments already in this thread show it just won’t stop. Definitely one of the more bizarre things I’ve seen on here. And that’s saying something. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

The Bills have had success in day 3 under Beane.  Benford, Shakir, Davis, Teller (oops!), T Johnson, Dane Jackson, Neal, Hamlin, Bass & Spector are all 3rd day selection.  McD helped grab Milano as well in the 5th. Milano, Shakir, Johnson and Benford are all critical pieces for the Bills next season.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

9 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Position focus: Edge, RB, WR, OL, CB, possibly P

In Rd 4, I think its very possible we move up into the top 10 range.  Some team like Min, who could use an extra pick.

Buf trades: 128, 144

Min trades: 108

Leaves us with 1 4th, 3 5ths, 1 6th, 1 7th.  6 picks, matching 6 positions up above (possibly we only need 5).

I think top of Rd 4 could literally be any of those positions (except P).  I could argue for WR (def some talent has slid), Edge (Mo Kamara would be a nice get), etc.

But I think the Bills really like Devonshire from Pitt, that's been linked publicly and my Steeler source confirmed that.  Steelers are also heavily interested in him.  He's a Rd5 talent IMO.  He could certainly be our new punt returner immediately.  Pitt has very good secondary coaching, they come into the NFL with a solid foundation.

I think highest valued at each of those positions listed makes most sense per round.  And I can't see us keeping all 4 5ths.  Rd 4 is ripe for a potential trade up, if another team desires additional picks.

Instead of Kamara, I'd prefer Solomon. Longer arms and bigger hands. It does make a difference.

• Like (+1) 1

We can expect me to keep drinking. Anything to crack open a cold one and sit around doing jack ***** watching players that will never play get hyped up as the next Brady is all I need to have the time of my ***** life 

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He can honestly go up as high as he wants with  2 5th if he chooses but looks like he’d rather maintain 3 of those if he could help it. 

He can get up around 109 or 110 by trading away just his highest 5th 

Posted (edited)

ESPN's best available.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

Top Corners- TJ Tampa - 46th overall - they compare him to Kaiir Elam (nooooooooooo!); Cam Hart (82nd), Draine (92nd), K Jackson (102nd)

Top WRs - Franklin (73rd), Rice (81st), Baker (87th) & Walker (91st), Washington (99), J Wilson (100), Means (134)

Top Edge - Booker (83rd), Brennan Jackson (115th), Ced Johnson (120), Kamara (126), Hall (135)

Top C - Van Pran (105th), Bortolini (117th), Nourzad (130)

Top RBs - Wright (97th), Davis (129), Allen (142), Guerendo  (146)

Top OT - Chris Jones (84th), Foster (107), 

Top DT - Dorius (79th) - kind of a combo DT/Edge, Wingo (88)

Top S - Hicks (59th), Demerson (119th)

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I remember the Bills having meetings with RB Audric Estime and CB MJ Devonshire....wouldn't be surprised if one or both of their names are called by the Bills.

Estime strikes me as a guy with BAD feet.

46 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I fully expect the Franklin suckoff fest to continue until some other team finally drafts him and puts dozens of posters here out of their misery. In fact I’d bet my house on it, especially since comments already in this thread show it just won’t stop. Definitely one of the more bizarre things I’ve seen on here. And that’s saying something. 

I can't wait to learn more about Troy Franklin's draft profile and why he is a day three pick and not a day two pick. His production was elite, and his advanced stats/analytics are mostly top-5/top-3, and apparently Joe Brady recruited him way back when. And he gets behind boundary DBs. Seems like the exact kind of guy the Bills are lacking. 

REALLY looking forward to learning more about why the NFL judged him to be a day three pick. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Audric Estime no matter what

Estime's slow footwork and acceleration are huge red flags for me. I have several family members who are Notre Dame alum, and I tend to watch their games. Estime seems like a bad pro projection.

I remember upstairs at Tempo watching Doug Whaley, in person, mock Trent Richardson's lethargic, excessive footwork. To my recollection, Whaley was with a newly-acquired Shady and the rest of the RBs, and trying to fit in by pooping on an RB who CLEARLY (to all of them present) just wasn't a legit pro. But it might have been a year or two earlier than that. I remember Shady (when he first arrived) being a snipey prick who cast mucho SHADE (of course). The younger dudes immediately gravitated to him. Shady was a doosh tbh. So I recall Whaley trying, with success, to match that energy and poop on a former 3rd overall pick at RB who just could not play in the league. Estime seems like that to me. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Top Corners- TJ Tampa - 46th overall - they compare him to Kaiir Elam (nooooooooooo!); Cam Hart (82nd), Draine (92nd), K Jackson (102nd)

Top WRs - Franklin (73rd), Rice (81st), Baker (87th) & Walker (91st), Washington (99), J Wilson (100), Means (134)

Top Edge - Booker (83rd), Brennan Jackson (115th), Ced Johnson (120), Kamara (126), Hall (135)

Top C - Van Pran (105th), Bortolini (117th), Nourzad (130)

Top RBs - Wright (97th), Davis (129), Allen (142), Guerendo  (146)

Top OT - Chris Jones (84th), Foster (107), 

Top DT - Dorius (79th) - kind of a combo DT/Edge, Wingo (88)

Top S - Hicks (59th), Demerson (119th)

Bolded are some guys I like tomorrow.

A running back, a wide receiver, an edge, and a few special teams DBs/LBs will likely do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Likely an IOL like Mason McCormick or Beau Limmer
Tez Walker or Ryan Flournoy
MJ Devonshire or Quantez Stiggers or TJ Tampa

Austin Booker or Javon Solomon or Braiden McGregor or Xavier Thomas

Kristian Boyd

Jeremiah Trotter Jr

Tory Taylor or Ryan Rekhow or Matthew Hayball (lefty)

Probably a RB

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

There are a couple of guys I’ve been looking at that I think can help our team that are still on the board

C - Sedric Van Pran (Yes, I’m a UGA fan, but he is a very good center)

WR - Tez Walker - Decent size and excellent speed.

RB - Isaac Guerendo - 6’ 220 and ran a 4.33 40 at the combine.  99 athleticism score at the combine.

Speed kills in NFL

A big steaming pile of you know what.  Deepest WR draft in decades and we turn down Worthy, Leggett, to take Coleman as the lone WR and draft CB and DT.  This organization deserves to fail 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Brandon Beane sucks

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

our biggest needs going forward IMO-

WR who can take the top off, that opposing D must fear their speed

RB who can pass block, and own 4th and 1.

those are our biggest needs IMO

with additional draft picks- LB depth, Edge depth CB depth and special teams demons

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1