What can we expect on day 3?

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

7 more picks to go.

1 - 4th - 128

4- 5th - 141, 144, 160 & 163

1 - 6th - 204

1 - 7th - 221

I doubt Beane makes all these picks. Given the FA signings, I’m not sure we have room for 10 rookies.  Last year we sent two 7th rd picks to the practice squad and lost them both.  I’m also still hoping for a trade up to the top of the 4th. 

Needs: Edge, CB, RB, OL & WR

more of …Beane needs to be fired….

it takes 2 to tango…but thr late 4th and the first 5 th can get you into the top 10 picks in the  4th throw another 5 th it can get you high.

what I don’t know in the top 5 who is rebuilding but doesn’t have many picks left.

thry can also trade a 5 th this yr for a 5 th next year

I’m down for picking the QB with a howitzer of an arm. Joe Milton I believe is his name. And thankfully no one traded with Beane in the 2nd. I thought the trade downs were outstanding, he just needs to let the draft come to him and stop getting so antsy/impatient. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I think they have about 5-6 spots where they think picks can get rostered. I don’t think they want to come away with 7 picks due to how two of their picks last season got placed on waivers. 

They badly need depth at CB, RB and DE that’s three positions where I feel confident they will make selections at. I also think WR, C and DT are in play.

Maybe so but better too much than too little. 

IMO, they will likely need a couple OL for the 53 that aren't on the roster by the end of August, IMO.   And it's a great draft to get some.  I expect La'ell Collins to retire in camp like Brandon Shell did last year........Collins was purdy washed the last time he was relatively healthy.   

What I really doubt they address is QB.   But they should.   Trubisky is a sh!t show.   His confidence and the will to compete looked gone last year.   

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

I remember the Bills having meetings with RB Audric Estime and CB MJ Devonshire....wouldn't be surprised if one or both of their names are called by the Bills.

of course. The Bills are obsessed with Pittsburgh DB’s 

10 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'll be shocked if it isn't Tez Walker.  

another boom or bust type IMO

Potential trade partners tomorrow (actually later today)

Car - owns pick 101, but no picks again until 157 and then 200

Chi - owns 122 and nothing else

NYG - owns 107 and then nothing until 166 & 183

Sea - Owns 102 & 118, and then  nothing until 179

TB - Owns 125 and then nothing until 220

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And Troy Franklin is a sure thing to you? The entire NFL doesn't think so.

Not to pick on you personally, but someone makes this claim every single year. Go back and look at the wide receivers selected before Stefon Diggs. Or Davante Adams. Or Tyreek Hill. Or… you get my point. I remember badly wanting the freakishly athletic Arkansas TE Jason Peters and many on this board were clamoring for him too, but he went undrafted. These evaluators - even though they’re equipped with much more information than we have - get things wrong all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Not to pick on you personally, but someone makes this claim every single year. Go back and look at the wide receivers selected before Stefon Diggs. Or Davante Adams. Or Tyreek Hill. Or… you get my point. I remember badly wanting the freakishly athletic Arkansas TE Jason Peters and many on this board were clamoring for him too, but he went undrafted. These evaluators - even though they’re equipped with much more information than we have - get things wrong all the time. 

Of course there are outliers. But they're generally the exception and not the rule. 

If you're taking a guy who's talented, but still on the board in Round 4 - they're generally the very definition of "Boom or Bust". If the league felt Troy Franklin had little to no potential of not working out, he'd have been taken by now. It's obvious that they do think he's far from a sure thing.

Position focus: Edge, RB, WR, OL, CB, possibly P

In Rd 4, I think its very possible we move up into the top 10 range.  Some team like Min, who could use an extra pick.

Buf trades: 128, 144

Min trades: 108

Leaves us with 1 4th, 3 5ths, 1 6th, 1 7th.  6 picks, matching 6 positions up above (possibly we only need 5).

I think top of Rd 4 could literally be any of those positions (except P).  I could argue for WR (def some talent has slid), Edge (Mo Kamara would be a nice get), etc.

But I think the Bills really like Devonshire from Pitt, that's been linked publicly and my Steeler source confirmed that.  Steelers are also heavily interested in him.  He's a Rd5 talent IMO.  He could certainly be our new punt returner immediately.  Pitt has very good secondary coaching, they come into the NFL with a solid foundation.

I think highest valued at each of those positions listed makes most sense per round.  And I can't see us keeping all 4 5ths.  Rd 4 is ripe for a potential trade up, if another team desires additional picks.

I don't want him with a current 4th but with 1 of our 5ths, RB Braelon Allen from Wisconsin just has a nastiness to his game that I love. He actually engages contact like Josh Allen used to do in his 1st 2 years and just destroys people. I'm picturing the announcers saying "Which Allen is going to run you over today" plus we will most likely be relying on our run game more since we don't have a true #1 WR at the time being. Also I want Allen's to start taking over for the previous Williams', we can now not have too many Allen's. 

Well I'm looking forward to day 3, I think we'll move up in the 4th because of the players who are still there, plus I think there's still some really good players that'll be there in the 5th. That and it's a sipper day for me. It'll be fun, bring the b*tching, the rational, and the absurd. It wouldn't be the draft without it all.