What can we expect on day 3?

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well Levi Wallace was from Alabama so you should have heard of him but he went undrafted so maybe you didn't.

You're lacking any direction or points being proven on your side. 

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

7 more picks to go.

1 - 4th - 128

4- 5th - 141, 144, 160 & 163

1 - 6th - 204

1 - 7th - 221

I doubt Beane makes all these picks. Given the FA signings, I’m not sure we have room for 10 rookies.  Last year we sent two 7th rd picks to the practice squad and lost them both.  I’m also still hoping for a trade up to the top of the 4th. 

Needs: Edge, CB, RB, OL & WR

We need another WR.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

RB2 is more than an afterthought. They need a bruiser.

I'd still like to add OL depth. In general, I agree with your list.

I just don’t know where the depth goes..

We have our starters.  

We have Lael Collins pushing to start, but also slots in as backup OG, OT.

And we have two guys in the system that the FO likes a lot in Anderson (IOL) and Van Demark (OT)

That’s 8 guys right there.   Room for one more on the active roster, so another guy could make it as OL9. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

You're lacking any direction or points being proven on your side. 

I gave you two guys you clearly never heard of when they drafted them and you brushed it aside. Its after midnight so I don't want to go through it. They got Dane Jackson in round 7 probably never heard of him either until he was playing. We get it your miserable the Bills didn't take who you wanted.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I just don’t know where the depth goes..

We have our starters.  

We have Lael Collins pushing to start, but also slots in as backup OG, OT.

And we have two guys in the system that the FO likes a lot in Anderson (IOL) and Van Demark (OT)

That’s 8 guys right there.   Room for one more on the active roster, so another guy could make it as OL9. 

Yeah, I'm just talking about using one pick on OL. I was mainly just adding a piece to the inventory you laid out.

CB, RB2, WR are my main priorities. They should take a flier on an edge, but I never liked this draft class at that position.

There are a couple of guys I’ve been looking at that I think can help our team that are still on the board

C - Sedric Van Pran (Yes, I’m a UGA fan, but he is a very good center)

WR - Tez Walker - Decent size and excellent speed.

RB - Isaac Guerendo - 6’ 220 and ran a 4.33 40 at the combine.  99 athleticism score at the combine.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WR, S, TE, Edge, OL, RB

Possibly in that order too

I could see us using a 5th to move up in the 4th or 2 of them to try and get an additional 4th

After a 2nd WR, S and a TE I think we're pretty much set

Hoping for 2 out of the following: Walker/Franklin/Baker/Oladapo/Mustapha/Hicks

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

There are a couple of guys I’ve been looking at that I think can help our team that are still on the board

C - Sedric Van Pran (Yes, I’m a UGA fan, but he is a very good center)

WR - Tez Walker - Decent size and excellent speed.

RB - Isaac Guerendo - 6’ 220 and ran a 4.33 40 at the combine.  99 athleticism score at the combine.

I just assumed Van Pran was gone. Walker in the fourth, okay.

Guerendo or Braelon Allen at RB. I wouldn't mind Kendall Milton later in the draft.

Looking at what position groups have space on the roster after these 3 selections.

Spots where there’s definitely room and a need for depth

1- DE

2- CB

3- RB 

Spots where there’s likely room

1- WR

2- O-line

3- DT (yes they drafted one pick 95 but they usually carry 5)

That’s about 5-6 rosterable slots and the Bills have 7 picks.

There is likely going to be a consolidation of picks or trading away for future selections as with 7 picks I think they want to avoid what happened last year where two picks were claimed off waivers.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah this seems like an "off the bus starter" kinda' draft so need seems very relevant to McBeane.

Need(and maybe get in this order):

Edge

IOL

CB

WR

LB

RB

OT

and hopefully a backup QB prospect in there.

Don't get too caught up in the numbers.........players will get injured or trades can be made in camp.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Guerendo or Braelon Allen at RB. I wouldn't mind Kendall Milton later in the draft.

I’m honestly shocked Van Pran and Walker are still on the board.  I’m also surprised OT Christian Jones is still available.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I assumed Van Pran was gone too. I would love to see the Bills land Franklin or Van Pran somehow. 

I think offensively the Bills are going to take a RB for depth and special teams and I think they will take a WR or offensive linemen.

Defensively Corner and DE are also likely with a second DT possible. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I gave you two guys you clearly never heard of when they drafted them and you brushed it aside. Its after midnight so I don't want to go through it. They got Dane Jackson in round 7 probably never heard of him either until he was playing. We get it your miserable the Bills didn't take who you wanted.

Two guys out of how many picks the last 7 years, and only one of them is truly good. Yes, I know Milano was a 5th. No, I don't care about Teller because he's not here. Who then? If you're expecting us to always find late round "gems" who save the class, it's not realistic. When they have a meh day like today, it just compounds everything else. Help JA for God's sake. Stop catering to a coach who has to constantly rotate defensive players in a scheme that always comes up short. One 6'3" guy who has trouble getting separation is not the answer, especially when our OL is still middling. From prior experiences, I'm not confident they'll get 17 some REAL help on day 3. I'm not. 

Beane in his presser said that they would expect to add depth and special teamers tomorrow.  He did say that he'll see what happens in Round 4, but that likely he will move up as players start to drop.  He said that he tried to move up for Bishop in the 2nd because he was the only player left on their board with a second round grade. He said "fortunately, no one took my calls."

Posted (edited)

Why the stated needs

CB - a possible replacement for Douglas

OT - possible replacement for Brown

Edge - possible replacement for Von Miller

RB - backup and change of pace for Cook

C - insurance if McGovern does work out at C or Edwards isn’t good enough to start at guard

WR - I have no faith in our depth after Shakir and Samuel. I also hate the Coleman pick.  

Possible surprise need - TE - Knox could be gone after this season and I’m not impressed with Morris.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah this seems like an "off the bus starter" kinda' draft so need seems very relevant to McBeane.

Need(and maybe get in this order):

Edge

IOL

CB

WR

LB

RB

OT

and hopefully a backup QB prospect in there.

Don't get too caught up in the numbers.........players will get injured or trades can be made in camp.

I think they have about 5-6 spots where they think picks can get rostered. I don’t think they want to come away with 7 picks due to how two of their picks last season got placed on waivers. 

They badly need depth at CB, RB and DE that’s three positions where I feel confident they will make selections at. I also think WR, C and DT are in play.