Rd 2, Pick 60: DB Cole Bishop, Utah

SDS

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With how he's supposed to be good covering TEs and he commented on how he got good by covering the Utah TEs in practice specifically Kincaid, have to think the two do have a fun relationship.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

With how he's supposed to be good covering TEs and he commented on how he got good by covering the Utah TEs in practice specifically Kincaid, have to think the two do have a fun relationship.

I'll be happy if he can lock down Kelce when the Bills play the Chiefs.  Mr. Swift has feasted on the Bills every game.

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Jersey revealed. Did Elam change his number because I swore he was 24 already.

IMG_7806.jpeg

Yes, one of the reporters speculated Elam is changing his number to his college number 5

• Thank you (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to Rd 2, Pick 60: DB Cole Bishop, Utah
22 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wanted Safety in Round 4. Do not like this

Agreed but McDermott waited longer than I thought he would to draft a defensive back. 

5 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

I'll be happy if he can lock down Kelce when the Bills play the Chiefs.  Mr. Swift has feasted on the Bills every game.

I’ll be happy if I hit the power ball! 🙂

• Agree 1

I'm wary of Taylor Rapp's ability in pass coverage, so I think it was really important to get a quality safety in this draft.  I think Bishop fits the bill.  Rapp might start out the season as a starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bishop starts before the end of the season if Rapp gives up too many big pass completions.

• Like (+1) 1

This is probably the best player we drafted and yet he has the lowest page count. bump.

Edit: total speculation but one thing this pick might do is re-energize McD. Poyer and Hyde were getting old and slow. Bishop is fast, plays all over the field, and Qbs the defense. 

With Milano and Von back, there's a chance our defense will be really, really good this year.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

This is probably the best player we drafted and yet he has the lowest page count. bump.

Edit: total speculation but one thing this pick might do is re-energize McD. Poyer and Hyde were getting old and slow. Bishop is fast, plays all over the field, and Qbs the defense. 

With Milano and Von back, there's a chance our defense will be really, really good this year.

I'm excited to see what Bobby Babich does as DC, and even more excited to see what he and McD can do with a player like Bishop.

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm wary of Taylor Rapp's ability in pass coverage, so I think it was really important to get a quality safety in this draft.  I think Bishop fits the bill.  Rapp might start out the season as a starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bishop starts before the end of the season if Rapp gives up too many big pass completions.

Rapp could start but he left a lot to be desired so brining in a quality safety to compete with him is a good move/

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Edwards only started 5 games last year, it’s not a stretch to say Bishop will have the opportunity to start at FS. 

I think Edwards is more of the Hyde roll and Bishop is Po. I'm curious how he'll turn out. Safety is tricky (for me) to effectively evaluate when watching "film," but I wasn't blown away. Great athlete for sure.

Edited by NickelCity

On 4/27/2024 at 8:23 AM, Bockeye said:

Second rounders don’t start at all for NFL teams??  Is this a new rule?

How the hell did the Bills get away with putting a late round pick like Benford out there?!?!

Sal was also knife fight hill to die on adamant last year that Dorian Williams would not be looked at as a will. He was wrong there. 

• Agree 1

On 4/26/2024 at 8:14 PM, Warcodered said:

Remember this guy in an interview talking about being good at covering TEs because all that practice he had covering Kincaid in practice.

Shoot.  

Edited by jethro_tull