R E L A X

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree it’s not prevalent, I just don’t think that being 300 pounds is ever “healthy”. They are very strong guys, and better athletes than me, but there’s a reason most offensive linemen lose a ton of weigh in retirement. It isn’t healthy to maintain, and they’re intentionally gaining weight to be lineman throughout their football careers. 

Referring to them as athletes is the key here. Even at 300 pounds their cardiac functioning is optimal which is crucial. As long as they maintain an adequate muscle to body fat ratio they would be considered healthy. Also, the fact that their physical activity level is off the charts is another positive factor. As to whether or not lineman lose a lot of weight after they retire I don’t know. Do you have some data. That would be interesting.

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Explain how the Chiefs don't get a WR at 32? The Bills clearly didnt want Worthy. They extorted a pick out of the Chiefs for the privilege of moving up for him.

If the Bills dont trade and take a WR, the chiefs get Worthy.

If the Bills dont trade and take a CB, the chiefs get Worthy.

If the Bills trade with another team and that team takes Worthy - Chiefs pick one of the other WR options at 32

The chiefs dont have a great history of picking WRs either so some people nominating this guy Hill 2.0 is crazy. I remember when Skye Moore was selected this place was annoyed as well.

That's not the point.  You don't trade with your BIGGEST rival.  I don't care what you gain from it.  Andy Reid and Mahomes will continue to be our dad and grandad until they both retire, unless we grow some balls and do something about it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I guess it's a generalization, but it seems like there are a bunch of people upset. I just think it's funny that we are always wrong!

I think we will be fine. 

I was just messing with you. Hard to do on a message board. 😆 I do agree with what you said though. 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

That's not the point.  You don't trade with your BIGGEST rival.  I don't care what you gain from it.  Andy Reid and Mahomes will continue to be our dad and grandad until they both retire, unless we grow some balls and do something about it.  

Why? Because it hurts your feelings? You haven't given a single other reason, nor have you explained how the Chiefs don't end up with Worthy either way.

Unless you suggest we took Worthy despite not wanting him? That does not sound like a great strategy.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Why? Because it hurts your feelings? You haven't given a single other reason, nor have you explained how the Chiefs don't end up with Worthy.

Unless you suggest we took Worthy despite not wanting him? That does not sound like a great strategy.

🤣 it’s because these people live in permanent fear bunkers. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

You will NOT be pleased to know how the Pegulas feel about Bob Kraft or the Hunts 😬

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Why? Because it hurts your feelings? You haven't given a single other reason, nor have you explained how the Chiefs don't end up with Worthy.

What are you even talking about right now?  I DON'T CARE how the Chiefs don't end up with Worthy, if in some alternative reality they didn't pick him.  I don't care who they picked up at that spot.  Why are you focusing on the player they selected?  I'm not.  All I am saying is you DON'T trade with your biggest rival.  Who else does that?  If you don't think there are a lot of Buffalo Bills players who  feel surprised/angry/shocked that we traded with KC, I don't know what to tell you.  It's a horrible look for the franchise right now and it continues to align with the narrative that KC is the bully on the block and we can't do/won't do a damn thing about it. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

There is no such rule! And the fact that you don’t care what you might gain from such a trade is really a bad take  my opinion. It seems like so many posters think Worthy will step on the field and be all world. Beane may actually pulling a fast one here. I’m fine with the trade and I don’t care that Kansas City got Worthy. He is way too boom or bust for me.Why don’t you wait and see what happens today before you render an opinion?

Edited by Mojo44
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Agree on Worthy. However it's amazing how the laundry one wears can change my perception on a player. Had the Bills picked him he would be the best pick ever and a non violent version of Tyreek. But the Chiefs picked him so I believe he's going to be a Mecole Hardman/Marquise Goodwin hybrid.😂

Or, people have been consistent that they are not a huge Fan of Worthy….  But posters sensationalize for the sake of making a point

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

There is no such rule! And the fact that you don’t care what you might gain from such a trade is really a bad taking my opinion. It seems like so many posters think Worthy will step on the field and be all world. Beane may actually pulling a fast one here. I’m fine with the trade and I don’t care that Kansas City got Worthy. He is way too boom or bust for me.Why don’t you wait and see what happens today before you render an opinion?

I guess because I'm a fan of the team and one of the benefits about being a fan is that I'm allowed to make an opinion or forecast based on my own homework and or my own discretion.  I just hate the optics of willingly agreeing to a trade with KC.  If that doesn't bother you, then great, that's your opinion.  I'm not going to knock you for it.  We can agree to disagree.  I just have a really bad taste in my mouth right now and It's obvious I'm not alone here. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

What are you even talking about right now?  I DON'T CARE how the Chiefs don't end up with Worthy, if in some alternative reality they didn't pick him.  I don't care who they picked up at that spot.  Why are you focusing on the player they selected?  I'm not.  All I am saying is you DON'T trade with your biggest rival.  Who else does that?  If you don't think there are a lot of Buffalo Bills players who  feel surprised/angry/shocked that we traded with KC, I don't know what to tell you.  It's a horrible look for the franchise right now and it continues to align with the narrative that KC is the bully on the block and we can't do/won't do a damn thing about it. 

So you refuse to see the potential for it to work out ok for the Bills and even be a gain because you perceive the risk to make the chiefs better too great but you also refuse to consider how the Chiefs would have gotten the player they wanted anyway.

Ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

I guess because I'm a fan of the team and one of the benefits about being a fan is that I'm allowed to make an opinion or forecast based on my own homework and or my own discretion.  I just hate the optics of willingly agreeing to a trade with KC.  If that doesn't bother you, then great, that's your opinion.  I'm not going to knock you for it.  We can agree to disagree.  I just have a really bad taste in my mouth right now and It's obvious I'm not alone here. 

OK. Fair enough. In my opinion it’s not a rule but a consideration. I again would implore you to wait and see what the team does today before you finalize this opinion.

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

So you refuse to see the potential for it to work out ok for the Bills and even be a gain because you perceive the risk to make the chiefs better too great but you also refuse to consider how the Chiefs would have gotten the player they wanted anyway.

Ok. 

I don't refuse to see any of that.  Sure, Worthy might be a bust. It's certainly possible.  But at the very least, let's be real about this.  With 4.21 speed if all he does is fly down the field on go routes all season, he will move over a safety and open things up even more for everyone else, including Kelce.  furthermore, I absolutely think KC would have gotten their man regardless if we would have declined to trade with them.  I just hate that we intentionally agreed to trade with the 3 time winning Super Bowl QB and his Kool-aid head coach, Andy Reid.  

Look man, I'm not trying to be a jerk or to pick a fight with you.  Let's just agree to disagree.  I hope I am proven wrong and Beane unleashes an amazing plan that starts to unfold today and Buffalo takes over the AFC for years to come!!

3 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

OK. Fair enough. In my opinion it’s not a rule but a consideration. I again would implore you to wait and see what the team does today before you finalize this opinion.

I'll do my best and I hope you are right.  Maybe Beane has a master plan that is about to unfold and it will shock everyone and set us up for great future success.  That is always the hope!

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If they wanted Mitchell, they would have taken him at 32 - the extra 5th would not have swayed him.

Franklin and Coleman - no thanks

Baker and Polk would be huge reaches before back end of round 2.

Franklin is going to be a great pro. Coleman is situational, he would thrive in Buffalo..

Beane is worried about cap management, would rather commit after 3 years than be locked in to a predetermined rate.

It’s going to Franklin and I am excited about it🔥

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

All well and good but, now I am feeling like Cooper DeJean is about to be the pick at 33. Then I think they go WR by trading up from #60.  Depending on who is available they may also grab another WR in 3 or 4.

Personally I think Worthy will be a bust as he is too small to take NFL hits.    

All of that sounds good to me.

59 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Unless you can show conclusive evidence that he is not managing it adequately it’s not an issue in my opinion. Is it possible? I suppose. But unlikely. Have to go with the null hypothesis here.

It's pretty widely discussed. Other than the kid coming out and saying it IDK how to provide what you ask for.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

IMO DeJean would be the pick, and an exceptional pick.  But my guess is someone makes too good an offer for pick 33, and that Beane stockpiles top 100 picks

Yes. Now he has all day to dangle that carrot. I'm just leary of moving down more than 5 or 6 spots though.

• Like (+1) 1

If we still “get our guy” and got extra picks as a bonus I think that’s a very good outcome. I would be fine trading back yet again from 33 if the right offer came by.  If we somehow get another late 3rd and have 4 top-100 picks I think that’s about as good as we could expect. We have our biggest holes at WR, DE, DT, and S. Go get Franklin/McConkey/Mitchell, whichever Edge is left, Jenkins, and Bishop and tell me that is a bad day 2.

I think when Bean said we don’t need a #1 WR to win he meant it, but what he didn’t expand upon was they believe Kincaid will be their #1 receiver with a big bump in target share, Kincaid is a BIG part of the equation.

They went on a run the second half of the season with Diggs running ghost routes or taking himself off the field in critical situations, get ready for a possible DeJean or Newton pick early tonight, I also think Franklin, Mitchell or McConkey could be the play.

I was pissed when I seen it was KC who we traded back with, for about an hour before my buddy asked me if I’d be pissed had it been SF instead, and the answer was no so I’ve moved on. Bean is being smart but he MUST hit on some of these picks but that was always the case before moving back 5 spots.

Edited by julian

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

you're wasting your time here, man. this place is more emotional than a suburban mom's book club reviewing the latest softcore romance novel after too much wine

You were once almost served as hors d’oeuvres at one of those book clubs.  I think the name of the club was 619 gingercutioners.  When they tell someone to join their club and come “chop it up”, they are NOT talking about discussing books.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

You were once almost served as hors d’oeuvres at one of those book clubs.  I think the name of the club was 619 gingercutioners.  When they tell someone to join their club and come “chop it up”, they are NOT talking about discussing books.

bruh this hits too hard

The damned dumbest argument I’ve seen is the Chiefs would have got Worthy regardless.

You don’t trade up with the team you think is going to select your target, you trade in front of that team.

Obviously, the Chiefs felt one of Tampa Bay, Dallas or San Francisco was going to take Worthy. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

The damned dumbest argument I’ve seen is the Chiefs would have got Worthy regardless.

You don’t trade up with the team you think is going to select your target, you trade in front of that team.

Obviously, the Chiefs felt one of Tampa Bay, Dallas or San Francisco was going to take Worthy. 

True, and SF drafted a WR. Who’s to say Worthy wasn’t the guy? 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

We have 10 draft picks yet a lot of Bills fans think the sky has fallen after 1 stinking round

Especially over 5 draft spots that we received draft compensation for not once but twice.  Sounds like a lot of nervousness, apprehension, and fear of the unknown.  I will let it play out and reserve judgement until then.  

9 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

The second round is where all the value lies in the receiving depth of this draft. History shows REPEATEDLY that you can find studs, WR1’s, and WR2’s here. 

Available
Adonai Mitchell
Troy Franklin 

Ladd McConkey

Keon Coleman

Javon Baker

Jalynn Polk

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf

Deebo Samuel

Davante Adams

Tee Higgins

Rookie WR success is about situation, and I can’t think of a better one than a hungry 17 ready to put up big numbers without the drama. Take your pick(s) it doesn’t matter we are all going to be smiling tomorrow. 

Zay Jones

Just sayin!

• Thank you (+1) 1