So day 1 was a bust

Whkfc

As far as having a new guy to talk about. But we are well positioned for tomorrow.  Who are 2-3 receivers you still like? And who do you think they take?

I like Polk and McConkey however I think they are gonna take Franklin. The Bills have more documented visits with him that amy other prospect and they have a track record of selecting guy they have multiple meetings with

• Like (+1) 1

I agree about Franklin. The thing that I heard about Leggett is that he's pretty dumb so I don't hate not taking him. And Worthy gives me John Ross vibes. I think they wanted Odunze or Thomas but when that didn't happen they were happy to move down and collect capital while still getting their guy. No one will accuse them of reaching for Franklin and/or McConkey tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Benjamin Franklin was a notorious womanizer and James K Polk was one of the worst Presidents in American history. #justsayin

But Franklin would bring some “electricity” to the offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Nelius said:

It’s going to be McConk nation. The setup is too perfect.

Kincaid and McConkey. Not just a sketchy sounding law firm, it’s also our future.

If he didn't have the injury history, I would be down. He is fluid and an elite route runner with great hands.  But he can't stay on the field. 

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

I know everything that every kid in America knows about Franklin, but I recently learned that he f-ed every woman that he could get his hands on even after he was married. I mean, given the fact that he's been dead for over 200 years I guess that doesn't matter, but it is a data point. 

Going into round one the Bills trading back and getting a 3rd round pick was my second preferred outcome behind trading up for Brian Thomas Jr..  Getting the #33 pick with McConkey and Mitchell still on the board is fantastic imo..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If he didn't have the injury history, I would be down. He is fluid and an elite route runner with great hands.  But he can't stay on the field. 

I know everything that every kid in America knows about Franklin, but I recently learned that he f-ed every woman that he could get his hands on even after he was married. I mean, given the fact that he's been dead for over 200 years I guess that doesn't matter, but it is a data point. 

The Office teaches all we need to know about Ben Franklin…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

It’s going to be McConk nation. The setup is too perfect.

Kincaid and McConkey. Not just a sketchy sounding law firm, it’s also our future.

I now envision that the 1st pick of the 2nd will be Dejean so they can play him at safety.  Then maybe they take a WR with their original 2nd.

I just can’t get over trading with KC so they can add an offensive weapon.  There had been talk of KC trying to move ahead of the Bills to get a WR ahead of them, but instead the Bills helped them.

You just don’t do that when the other team is one you haven’t been able to beat in the playoffs. 

I’ve disagreed in the past with those wanting McD fired.  Now, if KC wins a 3rd straight Super Bowl, beating the Bills to get there again, I’d get rid of the whole lot of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I now envision that the 1st pick of the 2nd will be Dejean so they can play him at safety.  Then maybe they take a WR with their original 2nd.

I just can’t get over trading with KC so they can add an offensive weapon.  There had been talk of KC trying to move ahead of the Bills to get a WR ahead of them, but instead the Bills helped them.

You just don’t do that when the other team is one you haven’t been able to beat in the playoffs. 

I’ve disagreed in the past with those wanting McD fired.  Now, if KC wins a 3rd straight Super Bowl, beating the Bills to get there again, I’d get rid of the whole lot of them.

The Bills must of really thought low about Worthy to make that move. 

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Well, they met with him for a top 30 visit. Safe to say they feel like he ain't Tyreek Hill.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, US Egg said:

So is McBeane believing there is a #1 WR still on the board?

in the second round are you looking for single trait players that could possibly develop into a number 1?

example: is worthy currently just an undersized speedster that you hope can develop into more?

is McConkey a high floor slot receiver that you hope can begin to play on the outside effectively.

this is unlike the top 3 WRs that went early who have multiple traits (thus why they are top 10 picks).

So what trait does Beane value and does hedraft for that trait or for something. The team is currently lacking? Speed, hands, route running, contested catches. And hope other traits develop with pro level coaching? 

Edited by iccrewman112
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Yeah, his size is considered a detriment vs press coverage.  I read one comment that said he was definitely not close to Tyreek Hill, who is 20# heavier.   The NFL comparison for Worthy is Tank Dell, which still isn’t bad.

The NFL Comp for McConkey is EJ Moore, which doesn’t excite me.

52 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, they met with him for a top 30 visit. Safe to say they feel like he ain't Tyreek Hill.

Yet Andy Reid and company liked Worthy good enough to trade up with Buffalo and get him. Beef Worthy up just a little and he's a Hill clone. So go figure.

Myself personally, Allens lower trajectory laser shots beg for bigger targets like 2nd year TE Kincaid gearing up for a breakout 2024 season.

We hope...   

Edited by Figster

Hoping for McConkey now. Heck, even AD Mitchell, who I have not been excited about, but he does have upside and measurables. If the Bills can keep him motivated and get consistent effort from him, he could be very good. And he has great hands.

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Yet Andy Reid and company liked Worthy good enough to trade up with Buffalo and get him. Beef Worthy up just a little and he's a Hill clone. So go figure.

Myself personally, Allens lower trajectory laser shots beg for bigger targets like 2nd year TE Kincaid gearing up for a breakout 2024 season.

We hope...   

The Chiefs have struggled for years picking receivers. It's safe to say they kind of suck at it. Even when they had Tyreek Hill (who they lucked into in the 5th round), they struggled to find a receiver opposite him.

So, why are we putting stock in their receiver picks?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hoping for McConkey now. Heck, even AD Mitchell, who I have not been excited about, but he does have upside and measurables. If the Bills can keep him motivated and get consistent effort from him, he could be very good. And he has great hands.

The Chiefs have struggled for years picking receivers. It's safe to say they kind of suck at it. Even when they had Tyreek Hill (who they lucked into in the 5th round), they struggled to find a receiver opposite him.

You can't teach the kind of speed Worthy has, but you can turn him into a better route runner and thats exactly what Andy Reid will do with Worthy IMO, unfortunately...

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

You can't teach the kind of speed Worthy has, but you can turn him into a better route runner and thats exactly what Andy Reid will do with Worthy IMO, unfortunately...

Almost exactly what I said and was thinking, just don't be idiot incarnate kadarius toney and he'll look like a stud the way the offense and mahomes will make him look especially since he has no pressure with kelce and rice clearly ahead of him and pacheco their battering ram and they still have that defense with one of the best d coordinators to ever do it(he will make hof as a defense coordinator).

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Again, what evidence do you have of Reid developing great receivers? They've struggled at the position for awhile and overcome that with a strong running game, good defense, and Pat Mahomes being Pat Mahomes.

Worthy could be good, but I don't think it's because Andy Reid has some great track record of developing receivers. Reid has great schemes and play calls, though. That is where he excels.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

Almost exactly what I said and was thinking, just don't be idiot incarnate kadarius toney and he'll look like a stud the way the offense and mahomes will make him look especially since he has no pressure with kelce and rice clearly ahead of him and pacheco their battering ram and they still have that defense with one of the best d coordinators to ever do it(he will make hof as a defense coordinator).

Run yourself open kid and its on like a Mo Fo

:  (

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Again, what evidence do you have of Reid developing great receivers? They've struggled at the position for awhile and overcome that with a strong running game, good defense, and Pat Mahomes being Pat Mahomes.

Worthy could be good, but I don't think it's because Andy Reid has some great track record of developing receivers. Reid has great schemes and play calls, though. That is where he excels.

Speed kills and scheming to a players skill set is key IMO. Reid knows what to do with speed and he also knows Tyrek Hill as good or better then anyone,

No? 

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Speed kills and scheming to a players skill set is key IMO. Reid knows what to do with speed and he also knows Tyrek Hill as good or better then anyone,

No? 

Worthy isn't Tyreek Hill. Worthy is 20 pounds lighter than Hill. Hill is also a top 2 or 3 WR in the entire NFL, who has way more to his game than just speed. Expecting Worthy to come in and be what Hill is is a little ridiculous. Worthy has just as much of a chance of being John Ross.

Worthy might be a good player. I don't know. But if he is, it isn't because Andy Reid is a WR guru, which is what some people are seeming to claim. The Chiefs have struggled to develop receivers for years now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Worthy isn't Tyreek Hill. Worthy is 20 pounds lighter than Hill. Hill is also a top 2 or 3 WR in the entire NFL, who has way more to his game than just speed. Expecting Worthy to come in and be what Hill is is a little ridiculous. Worthy has just as much of a chance of being John Ross.

Worthy might be a good player. I don't know. But if he is, it isn't because Andy Reid is a WR guru, which is what some people are seeming to claim. The Chiefs have struggled to develop receivers for years now.

This is true

Worthy is a gamble, and perhaps one better made by the Chiefs. I also don't like the size. Hopefully Cheetah he is not 

I hope he flops

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Benjamin Franklin was a notorious womanizer and James K Polk was one of the worst Presidents in American history. #justsayin

That is really unfair to James K. Polk. In 4 short years he seized the entire southwest from Mexico, drastically reduced tariffs, made the English sell the Oregon Territory, and built an independent Treasury Department. Having done all this, he sought no second term! (Source: They Might Be Giants, the James K. Polk song.)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Moreover, Reid traded a 3rd rounder and a 6th rounder for... Kadarius Toney.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Will you feel the same if Worthy turns out to be a speedster who can't catch?   Then that trade up was a big miss by KC.  As MJS has noted, KC hasn't done well developing WRs, and Worthy is going to need considerable development to be successful. 

I like AD Mitchell because he seems to be the kind of WR that the Bills want as a WR1 -- speedy but with good size.  I would not be upset at Dejean at #33 either.  The Bills also have #60 plus KC's late 3rd rounder.

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Said every GM defending a reach for a guy with speed but not other traits important for his position ... like Aaron Maybin.

Worthy is a big gamble, much more appropriate to a 2nd or 3rd rounder than even a late first rounder, and KC hasn't shown the ability to develop WRs.  

5 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

He could be the "key" to the offense.  Hopefully he has no skeletons in his basement.  If he does he can go fly a kite and eat turkey. :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, seattlebillsfan said:

That is really unfair to James K. Polk. In 4 short years he seized the entire southwest from Mexico, drastically reduced tariffs, made the English sell the Oregon Territory, and built an independent Treasury Department. Having done all this, he sought no second term! (Source: They Might Be Giants, the James K. Polk song.)

He made "Manifest Destiny" (US spreading all the way to the Pacific) a reality.  However, the acquisition of the Mexican territory ignited the battle over expanding slavery into the new territories which eventually resulted in the Civil War.   There were more military deaths (600+ K) in the Civil War than in all other US military actions combined, including both World Wars in the 20th century.